Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 recruits

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
    I'm not sure if SDSU has offered Kraning or not. If I remember right, we have offered the two sophomores from Pierre so that's another tourney game to keep tabs on.
    Pierre's 6'8" soph, Zach Hanson, had a bad tournament. Had strep or the flu plus 103 temp Thursday and didn't play much...or well. To top it all off he sustained a stress fracture in his foot during Friday's game, once again not playing much or well, and is in a boot for the next four weeks or so. Too bad he wasn't able to show his talents in the State AA.
    When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important than the name on the back.

Comment

Coach Nagy's Twitter from a few minutes ago:

2400 miles of recruiting! It is so good to see South Dakota!

Comment

SDSU's newest offer is SG Ron Baker from Scott City, Kansas.

Here's a quick write up on what I could find
        http://jackrabbitden.com/post/3963818013/sg-ron-baker

and here is his rivals page
        http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...ollege_choices
        All around athlete, best football player on the team, basketball, plays baseball, etc.

Scott City is located in Western Kansas, south of I70

Its an ag community (a lot of wheat farmers)

6'3 ish 2G, watch the video he has some ups, can shoot it. kinda reminds me of Garrett Callahan but you watch the video and decide.

Here is what I've gotten on the recruiting front. Iowa State has recruited him but currently doesn't have an offer to give, (would give one if they had one)
        Western Kansas is big KSU area but it sounds like KSU will not be offering.
        Rumor has it Witchita State will offer but they can't go hard on the recruiting front until they are done with the NIT.

The way it sounds is that he is kinda a unknown, played very little AAU ball, didn't go to a lot of camps during the summer, always played other sports as well.
        Last edited by joeboo22; 03-20-2011, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnJack View Post
          Coach Nagy's Twitter from a few minutes ago:

2400 miles of recruiting! It is so good to see South Dakota!
          From what I have heard he went to Danville, Illinois for the JuCo D-II tournament and then went to Hutchinson KS where both Scott Community High played their state championship game and the JuCo D-I tournament was.

Comment

Looks like a solid player who shoots well and can jump. His hair reminds me of the player from Wisconsin or I believe Appleby who played at Florida and Washington.

Comment

Nice pic of Jarrel

http://www.scgenerals.com/

& story from Danville

http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/spor...f821983a3.html

Comment

Well gee, Crayton is already in yellow and blue . . . just need to work on the shade of blue a bit . . .
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

• Re: 2011 Recruits

Now, now...don't jump on JJD...he just hasn't had his cup of coffee yet today!

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                    Want.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

If this team can somehow add both Cougill and Crayton we will certainly be in the hunt for the league title the next couple years.

PG - JR Wolters / SR Stephenson or FR Monaghan
                      SG - SO White / SO Carlson
                      SF - JR Crayton / SR Callahan
                      PF - SO Dykstra / JR Fiegen
                      C - JR Cougill / SO Heemstra

This would be a very good mid-major team.

Comment

If this team can somehow add both Cougill and Crayton we will certainly be in the hunt for the league title the next couple years.

Caveat, Cougill and Crayton have not proven that they can play at the DI level, in the classroom or on the court. That said, it does look like a nice depth chart/rotation.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          Caveat, Cougill and Crayton have not proven that they can play at the DI level, in the classroom or on the court. That said, it does look like a nice depth chart/rotation.
                          And I'm sure if they can't Nagy won't add them.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Cougill is more of a worry then Crayton IMO. Cougill flunked out of Iowa and has openly noted that he is behind and has been working very hard to make sure he graduates from the JuCo so he can enroll. Has said that he wants to hold off recruiting until late to take care of the classroom.

Craryton just did not qualify, it doesn't mean he is a bad student or anything, it has to do with GPA and SAT/ACT and a lot of other things that are way over my head and I really don't want to look up. Since the majority of SDSU recruits have been 2 year or more verbal's allows them to work on things to make sure they can qualify. I remember in hs a bunch of us looked at if we would qualify and some of my friends who were pretty smart wouldn't I was no where near the level.

Comment

Caveat, Cougill and Crayton have not proven that they can play at the DI level, in the classroom or on the court.
                              Seems to me that could be said about 95% of all recruits...

And that Caveat kid seems like he would be a pretty solid scorer, but might be marginal on defense.

Comment

I agree - and you'd still have one more to give.. right?

Comment

Working...
                                X