Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 recruits

From Austin Hansen's twitter feed:

"Nice 2 c Zach Monaghan go back home & play well this weekend at the IBCA All-Star game. He's going 2 be a good 1! "

From http://blogs.suntimes.com/hoopsrepor...t_look_at.html

FORGOTTEN MAN: He's not talked about much, but Fremd's Zach Monaghan (22.3 ppg as a senior) is a terrific recruit for South Dakota State. The 6-2 guard's strength is his shooting ability, but he also has a better feel that will ultimately get him on the floor sooner than later for the Jackrabbits. Monaghan put together some solid work during the IBCA weekend.

Comment

Still find it hard to believe we have not found another "big body" to add some depth in the 2011 class. I'm sure it's not for lack of trying. Maybe the coaching will find a diamond in the rough yet this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        Still find it hard to believe we have not found another "big body" to add some depth in the 2011 class. I'm sure it's not for lack of trying. Maybe the coaching will find a diamond in the rough yet this summer.

With upwards of 3 open schollies, I hope we have a chance for a couple yet..

Comment

I see Zach Horstman and Zach Monaghan have been added to the roster on Gojacks.com. Also two guards Joey Feilmeier from Dakota Valley and Alex Olson from Brookfield WI - are Joey and Alex scholarship recruits? Sorry if I missed information on these two in previous posts...

Comment

Originally posted by BKXD View Post
            I see Zach Horstman and Zach Monaghan have been added to the roster on Gojacks.com. Also two guards Joey Feilmeier from Dakota Valley and Alex Olson from Brookfield WI - are Joey and Alex scholarship recruits? Sorry if I missed information on these two in previous posts...
            Olson was mentioned on the forum a couple months ago when he was added on as a walk-on.

This is the first I've seen of Joey Feilmeier but he too must be a walk-on.

Corey Jacobson from Vigorg-Hurley was also supposed to walk-on. I wonder if he still plans to considering he wasn't added to the roster?

Comment

Here's a link to the roster for 2011-12:
              http://www.gojacks.com/SportSelect.d...43&SPSID=64548

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                Olson was mentioned on the forum a couple months ago when he was added on as a walk-on.

This is the first I've seen of Joey Feilmeier but he too must be a walk-on.

Corey Jacobson from Vigorg-Hurley was also supposed to walk-on. I wonder if he still plans to considering he wasn't added to the roster?
                IDK but its peer speculation that since he is a walk-on they can't put him on until he is enrolled/on campus and he may not have started summer classes and the other ones have. But that is just a guess.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                  IDK but its peer speculation that since he is a walk-on they can't put him on until he is enrolled/on campus and he may not have started summer classes and the other ones have. But that is just a guess.
                  I wonder why we added 3 walk-on PG's this year? Seems a bit strange. I wish we could have found a 6'8" banger that wanted to walk-on.

Comment

I wonder why we added 3 walk-on PG's this year? Seems a bit strange. I wish we could have found a 6'8" banger that wanted to walk-on.
                    I think due to our low numbers on the roster the staff just wanted numbers so we can at least run a practice.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                      Isn't this Marty "the one man party" Jacobsons nephew? Marty is a good dude.

Comment

From the FOR WHAT ITS WORTH department......My wife met Alex Olsons dad down in Arizona on a business trip. Said he was very nice and Alex is very excited for his time at State.

Comment

He is listed now. Probably an oversight

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
                            Isn't this Marty "the one man party" Jacobsons nephew? Marty is a good dude.
                            \

It is Martys nephew. I think all the Jacobsons could be "the one man/woman party" They like to have a good time. They are all great people. Nothing wrong with having a good time.

Comment

From TV tweet

The SDSU men's basketball team recently had a 2011 recruit on campus - a prep player. That's all I know so far.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                                From TV tweet

The SDSU men's basketball team recently had a 2011 recruit on campus - a prep player. That's all I know so far.
                                anyone have any insight on who this could have been. I did some looking and its a real big dead time when it comes to 2011 recruiting. A lot of 2012 and 2013 elite tournaments are going on so the media is following them.

The only person I know SDSU has at least had contact with was Cody Joyce (the kid who committed to Marist before having the AD take away the scholarship due to being "over enrolled"). The talk was he would enter a "prep" school and reclassify for next year. And as far as I can tell a decision hasn't been made.

Since its a prep player it narrows the list quite a bit. Would also wonder if SDSU would even announce it if he did commit.

Comment

Working...
                                X