Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 recruits

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
    Aren't we at our best offensively when Wolters has the ball in his hands as a point guard?

I agree with James. Nate is a PG when he is on the court. Hopefully Carlson is developing into a good hybrid. Someone that can play the point for the 5 or so minutes that Wolters is resting, and the rest of the time a 2/3.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
      We need to get some activity going or this next season will end like the last one with a 20 pt 2nd round lose.
      I don't think it was your intent, but I interpret your post as insinuating that activity on this board somehow relates to success of the basketball team.

Is that what your saying? If so, I think you are overstating the importance of fan forums.
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
        No I think the key to the season will be how Heemstra and Carlson develop. The team returns the core of the squad and I believe that Horstman will contribute right away. If Heemstra is able to become a threat down low and Carlson can run the point at times so Wolters and White can play the 2 and 3 you are taking care of the problems from last years team.
        Ideal lineup would be Fiegen and Dykstra at the 4 and 5,Griff at the 3,White at 2 and Nate at the point. That only leaves Heemstra as a big off the bench - could be a long season if any of the three bigs would get hurt . Griff could play power forward again,but this team will have a hard time getting to the next level with 6'5'' power forwards.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
          Aren't we at our best offensively when Wolters has the ball in his hands as a point guard?
          maybe, but he won't be able to play 36 + minutes a game at the point all season. I was just saying if you could get him some minutes at the 2 you could open more things up.

Comment

I hear that Aireus will surprise us all next season, as he has made great strides since the end of last season.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
              I hear that Aireus will surprise us all next season, as he has made great strides since the end of last season.
              That's great to hear. It would be nice to give Nate some breaks, and also have more depth.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                I don't think it was your intent, but I interpret your post as insinuating that activity on this board somehow relates to success of the basketball team.

Is that what your saying? If so, I think you are overstating the importance of fan forums.
                Wow, if nothing is being talked about than nothing is really happening from the inside. I am just curious what is going on.

If people think Carlson is an anwser than we are in trouble. I would bet money our biggest improvement of a player comes from Dykstra. Heemstra has to get 22 minutes a game for us and stay out of foul trouble.

This board OBVIOUSLY has nothing to do with the success of the team!

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                  Here is some activity for ya...
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOTvP5GWsaE
                  Nice Zach Monaghan highlights. He will be a good addition for the Jacks.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
                    Wow, if nothing is being talked about than nothing is really happening from the inside. I am just curious what is going on.

If people think Carlson is an anwser than we are in trouble. I would bet money our biggest improvement of a player comes from Dykstra. Heemstra has to get 22 minutes a game for us and stay out of foul trouble.

This board OBVIOUSLY has nothing to do with the success of the team!
                    I agreed with your earlier post. I'm surprised more people aren't worried they didn't get any bigs in. I haven't said much because of the backlash I could see from this board but it's been a very disappointing offseason. People say that they shouldn't just give out a scholarship to any player but guess what...it's their job to get players that will make a difference. If Nagy or any of the coaches say one thing about not having enough players to practice this year I will literally throw a fit.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I know he said it has no interest and doesnt plan too, but as some athletes (Dale, Ketty, Alison, etc) enjoy spending 1 more year trying another sport that they were highly regarded in. Vlastuin might not want to now. But there is a lot of talent on that team and any incentive to play again could be enough for him to spend his last year on basketball. With that all said, I assume he has his final year of eligibility if he wanted to for basketball. With Wolters and Dkystra, His hops could make that one heck of an athletic team.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I would expect and hope all our current players will improve their strength and skill set from last year. I don't think it's realistic to expect the two freshman guards to come in and make an immediate contribution based on the experience we already have at that position and would hope they can redshirt. The point is we need help in the post as we have no depth or significant size and that has been an ongoing problem. If we are not able to bring anyone in who can contribute in that area than from my perspective this recruiting season was a failure and another wasted year of having a marquee point guard and not the right parts around him.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          I would expect and hope all our current players will improve their strength and skill set from last year. I don't think it's realistic to expect the two freshman guards to come in and make an immediate contribution based on the experience we already have at that position and would hope they can redshirt. The point is we need help in the post as we have no depth or significant size and that has been an ongoing problem. If we are not able to bring anyone in who can contribute in that area than from my perspective this recruiting season was a failure and another wasted year of having a marquee point guard and not the right parts around him.
                          Any rumbling of late JUCO Centers we may be in on?

Comment

Pierre's Josh Monroy has signed to play basketball at Otero Junior College in LA Junta, Colo. He's the 7'+ kid that has not played one full season of basketball. Didn't play a second his senior year.
                            When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important than the name on the back.

Comment

Originally posted by 67jack View Post
                              Pierre's Josh Monroy has signed to play basketball at Otero Junior College in LA Junta, Colo. He's the 7'+ kid that has not played one full season of basketball. Didn't play a second his senior year.
                              and if he can even show an ounce of athletic ability and the ability to stay healthy he will get D-I looks, because in the end you can't coach height/size.

Comment

I think we will still be good next year, but dor us to have a special year or overcome an injury to a post we need to add another one. JC route is probably only way to go. I like what someone else posted, I would hat to waste one of Nate's years with a lack of depth at another position.

Comment

Working...
                                X