Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 recruits

http://www.youtube.com/user/zacharym.../0/wxdtqrusskI

Here is Zach Monaghan's jr. year highlights.
    Last edited by joeboo22; 05-01-2011, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
      Rivals shows the Jacks having interest in Robert Duncan from Granite Bay, CA; which is east of Sacramento. Rivals has him as a 6' point guard, but I've also read he is 6'3" and more of a combo guard. (He is a high schooler)

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...ollege_choices

Northern Cal has a few JuCo's as well. I don't know if the Jacks are heavily recruiting this kid or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are targeting someone in that area.

He moved from TN to CA a couple of years ago.

http://rosevillept.com/detail/171557.html

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/user/zacharym.../0/wxdtqrusskI

Here is Zach Monaghan's jr. year highlights.

If he's quick enough (hard to tell against high school kids), he'll be a great addition. You can tell he's a gamer.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
          If he's quick enough (hard to tell against high school kids), he'll be a great addition. You can tell he's a gamer.
          yeah I have no clue, I've seen some pretty average players look pretty good in their highlight video. From the film he reminds me of Callahan a lot, maybe a tad undersized but a good shot, quick, good ball handling. But like I said before I see him play a full game I can't make a determination of how good he will be.

Generally I like to see someone play in person before I state whether they can play or not. I've seen Zach Horstman play live, and he can play. Jacobson I think will be alright once he gets healthy, from the sound of things he was pretty banged up with year and still is a solid player.

Comment

Zach Horstman was named Co-Mr. Basketball with Liam Duffy from St. Thomas More

http://rapidcityjournal.com/sports/a...cc4c002e0.html

Comment

Zach Horstman was named Co-Mr. Basketball with Liam Duffy from St. Thomas More

http://rapidcityjournal.com/sports/a...cc4c002e0.html

Why are there Co-Mr. Basketball recepients? Pick one or the other. Hasn't South Dakota done this in the past as well?
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                Why are there Co-Mr. Basketball recepients? Pick one or the other. Hasn't South Dakota done this in the past as well?
                I agree. South Dakota seems to be like little league baseball when everyone gets a participation trophy, first way to many people are "finalist" and then to go with co-winners it seems almost a joke. However if 2 people were going to win I think they picked the right 2 guys. Clearly Horstman is the biggest name in the state for seniors, most people have heard of this kid since he committed to SDSU some years ago. However Duffy is really liked, a very nice kid, and the leader for the state champs. I was surprised that they picked 2 class A players. Thought if they split it they would at least go 2 separate classes.

If I was setting up the Mr. Basketball what I would do is pick 1 finalist from each class and then pick a Mr. Basketball, then you know who the Mr. Basketball of each class is, while not awarding numerous awards.

Comment

I agree. South Dakota seems to be like little league baseball when everyone gets a participation trophy, first way to many people are "finalist" and then to go with co-winners it seems almost a joke. However if 2 people were going to win I think they picked the right 2 guys. Clearly Horstman is the biggest name in the state for seniors, most people have heard of this kid since he committed to SDSU some years ago. However Duffy is really liked, a very nice kid, and the leader for the state champs. I was surprised that they picked 2 class A players. Thought if they split it they would at least go 2 separate classes.

If I was setting up the Mr. Basketball what I would do is pick 1 finalist from each class and then pick a Mr. Basketball, then you know who the Mr. Basketball of each class is, while not awarding numerous awards.
                  What about SF O'Gorman having three Mr. Basketball finalists? Now that is a joke. You would think they would've gave Findlay Prep more of a go with THREE Mr. Basketball finalists, most schools, heck REGIONS would be lucky to have one finalist.

Comment

Originally posted by SDHoops View Post
                    What about SF O'Gorman having three Mr. Basketball finalists? Now that is a joke. You would think they would've gave Findlay Prep more of a go with THREE Mr. Basketball finalists, most schools, heck REGIONS would be lucky to have one finalist.
                    yeah O'Gorman had 3, Stickney-Corsica had 2, STM had 2. Way to many finalist IMHO.

Comment

The party in charge is Hanson/Anderson Basketball .... that's a 'for profit' outfit. I think most would agree the winner(s) each year is usually one of the top couple of players in the State but keep in mind putting people in the seats at the banquet is important, too. So, lots of nominees and a tie for the winner helps sell tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        The party in charge is Hanson/Anderson Basketball .... that's a 'for profit' outfit. I think most would agree the winner(s) each year is usually one of the top couple of players in the State but keep in mind putting people in the seats at the banquet is important, too. So, lots of nominees and a tie for the winner helps sell tickets.
                        I'm just waiting for the Stu article complaining that a Sioux Falls kid din't win it.... jk or am I?

here is a juco top 100 list I found, a few names still out there
                        http://www.jucorecruiting.com/?page_id=434

Comment

The silence on this thread is really getting to be plain sad! We need to get some activity going or this next season will end like the last one with a 20 pt 2nd round lose.

One question: Unless we sign someone who is an immediate impact player is it fair to say we will be worse than last year?

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
                            The silence on this thread is really getting to be plain sad! We need to get some activity going or this next season will end like the last one with a 20 pt 2nd round lose.

One question: Unless we sign someone who is an immediate impact player is it fair to say we will be worse than last year?
                            No I think the key to the season will be how Heemstra and Carlson develop. The team returns the core of the squad and I believe that Horstman will contribute right away. If Heemstra is able to become a threat down low and Carlson can run the point at times so Wolters and White can play the 2 and 3 you are taking care of the problems from last years team.

Comment

If Heemstra is able to become a threat down low and Carlson can run the point at times so Wolters and White can play the 2 and 3 you are taking care of the problems from last years team.
                              Aren't we at our best offensively when Wolters has the ball in his hands as a point guard?

Comment

Here is some activity for ya...
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOTvP5GWsaE

Comment

Working...
                                X