Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2008-2009 Predictions

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
    I don't have a problem with Michael redshirting. SDSU has 8 of their 16 players listed as guards. Rader is a G/F even though he is sitting out. Peterson has to sit this year out, too. We don't know about Davis. I think Kai could be listed as a G/F even though they just have him as a F. That means that about 2/3's of the roster are guards. Next year, SDSU has a couple F's coming in and they lose 2 G's. Plus, I like the idea of redshirting players. I know Griffen has to sit out the 1st semester but there still are 6 guards until he can play.
    I understand what you're saying, i questioned redshirting Mike mainly because i don't really know how capable Casey is. Other than watching some free play and looking at his junior year stats, i don't know much about him. I think they would like to get Dale some time at that spot,but i'm not sold on his ball handling skills.

BTW, Michael hurt his knee and is out 3-4 weeks.

Comment

I predict its going to be an interesting season. Bought my season tickets the other day. There are definitely a lot of questions that remain unanswered. Time will tell. I'm hoping to see both the men and women in Sioux Falls March 7th.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Here is a reporter's blog from the Oakland Press. He predicts the final standings and lists the top 11 players in the Summit League.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Injury problems are an issue at the moment in todays practice the team only had 9 or 10 who could go. Hopefully the injury bug is not an issue once games start.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaddy View Post
            Injury problems are an issue at the moment in todays practice the team only had 9 or 10 who could go. Hopefully the injury bug is not an issue once games start.
            Agreed.

The players out,that i noticed:
            AD-knee
            Mike P.-knee
            Josh- foot
            Clint-groin
            It also appeared that Dale suffered a concussion yesterday.

Comment

Anthony Davis is in one of my classes and he told me today that he is out for the season. He has a "drop foot sydrome." His nerves in his foot aren't working quite right and that is causing the restof his leg to act up. He said he can't move his foot right now. Anythony has been nothing but a great guy since coming to SDSU so I feel bad that his Jacks career is starting like this.
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                Anthony Davis is in one of my classes and he told me today that he is out for the season. He has a "drop foot sydrome." His nerves in his foot aren't working quite right and that is causing the restof his leg to act up. He said he can't move his foot right now. Anythony has been nothing but a great guy since coming to SDSU so I feel bad that his Jacks career is starting like this.
                Damn. Thats not good. I agree AD seems like a good guy. The times i saw him play this summer,he sure looks like he will really help out. Nope.... not good at all.

Comment

This is a big blow. I was happy that the program was willing to add a productive junior college player to fill a need in the program. To me, this means that this team will have to be more creative and score some points, but that isn't a shocker going back to the announcements shortly after last season ended that the team was going to a more perimeter oriented offense.

I hope there are some shooters on this team (and I think there are) so at least the games can be relatively high scoring and entertaining. The challenge will be to defend and rebound with the undersized players. Not impossible but it will take a supreme effort from the guys, and it will also take a deep rotation of players to keep everyone fresh.
                  The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

I had heard the team has been practicing with only 7-8 guys, due to different injuries and such.

Let's not be surprised if things don't go so well Monday night...

Go Jacks!!
                    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                      I had heard the team has been practicing with only 7-8 guys, due to different injuries and such.

Let's not be surprised if things don't go so well Monday night...

Go Jacks!!
                      Man, this program needs to catch a break...
                      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Here is another preview article about the Summit League. It has a really good recap of each team. This is the best summary of the league I have read to date.

Go State!!!
                        Go Jacks!!!
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by milwaukeejacksalum View Post
                          man, this program needs to catch a break...
                          *qft*

Comment

This could really be a tough season.... mainly because of injuries....

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                              Man, this program needs to catch a break...
                              When it rains...it pours.

Comment

I was talking about this season with a friend of mine and I personally don't have a ton of expectations for our Men's team other than making it to Sioux Falls. I'm sure Coach Nagy would highly disagree with me, but hear me out.

Can you imagine what kind of a boost it would be to go into the Summit League Championship game as an 7 or 8 seed, go up against ORU or NDSU with the ultimate "nothing to lose" attitude and knock them off and then maybe pull out another game?? We all know that anything can happen in March and I would guess the same to be true with an 8 vs. 1 seed in the Summit League Tournament...especially against a team like NDSU, a team that SDSU has owned in Basketball back in the D-II days. This small run alone would do a ton for the confidence of a this team for next year and in recruiting, to say the least.

This IMO, is the kind of "break" this team needs. IMO they need to approach the whole year with this attitude. Have fun, play loose...if you lose you lose, it won't be the last lose, onto the next game.

Go Jacks!!
                                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Working...
                                X