2008-2009 Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2008-2009 Predictions

hey we will have seven wins max... we're not good its time to face it...
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
      I agree with this statement and I still will be at all the games trying to figure out who the leader is on this team. We need leadership and I can not figure out why everyone thinks Casey M. is so great. He is a limited role player and that is all! We need leadership and someone to step up and not be afraid to take control and lead on offense. When was the last time a Jack took 15-20 shots and scored 25 pts twice in the same month?

I hope I am wrong about the record, but until we get leadership it doesn't matter how athletic we may think they are.

Comment

I found another post you put in the women's basketball forum. You put, "Its probably hard to find sponsors/affiliates who want to put up money for crappy basketball tho... although I agree the football would be GREAT!".

Why do you hate basketball so much? You dug up a thread that was a week old just to state that. Someone has issues. Did you not get a tryout with the basketball team or something?

Comment

Originally posted by tattoo View Post
          When was the last time a Jack took 15-20 shots and scored 25 pts twice in the same month?
          Williams had 28 on 12/7/07 against Centenary
          Callahan had 28 on 12/12 against Minnesota
          Williams had 25 on 12/18 against Denver
          Beran had 25 on 12/28/07 against CSU Bakersfield

Beran led the team in scoring with over 20 four times last season alone.
          Willliams led the team in scoring with over 20 three times last season alone.
          Callahan led the team in scoring with over 20 one time last year.

So to answer your question, last December (as in last season).

Do you even go to games, or do you get your play-by-play from Stu Whitney
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Great job SFRF...rep points for you. Note the color of his post flag...the guy (or gal) has not indicated he has any knowledge about what is going on...he needs to get a life outside the fan board. In the meantime, I think we can just consider his comments "smack" and unworthy of dwelling on.

Comment

8-10 wins. If not better could this be it for a certain HC?
              I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

I'm glad you have high(even average) hopes for the season. I know we don't play Idaho twice this year but we play 2 non-DI teams this year. Last year, we lost 2 games in OT in California. Both those teams come here this year. I don't have the schedule in front of me but there are more games that should be W's.
                Last year, SDSU lost about 10 games by 7 points or less. I had the stats once but forgot and I'm too lazy to look it up again. I would say that some of those teams lost more production than SDSU did. Teams that beat us bad 2 years ago, struggled to beat us last year. Did we still lose? Yes! But my point is we were much better last year than the year before.
                Saying SDSU hasn't struggled badly in transition is crazy. You can't lose as many players as we have and not struggle. I don't remember who all was in Beran's class but didn't we lose 3 players from that class? How about Gilbert, Holdren and Cadwell? Losing about 6 players in 3 years is a death sentence for any team. The last couple years, the players have stayed here. I know Bassett is leaving but he's only 1 player that it didn't work out for. The players who played the majority of the minutes last year are back. This year, they aren't freshman and sophmore's. Our team is retaining players that are getting bigger, stronger and faster.
                It's sad to see Beran, Berte and Loney leave. They stuck with the team through the worst of times at SDSU.

Comment

Western Illinois-24
                  SDSU-31

Isn't there a football game tomorrow? Midnight Madness is two+ months away and some of you are already putting a gloomy prediction out there for MBB.

Maybe those doing so are just hardcore basketball fans that don't go outside to the football games. My advice, get outside and tailgate! Have a beverage, enjoy the fresh air, and cheer on the Jacks!

Basketball season will be here soon enough!

UUUUGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                    Western Illinois-24
                    SDSU-31

Isn't there a football game tomorrow? Midnight Madness is two+ months away and some of you are already putting a gloomy prediction out there for MBB.

Maybe those doing so are just hardcore basketball fans that don't go outside to the football games. My advice, get outside and tailgate! Have a beverage, enjoy the fresh air, and cheer on the Jacks!

Basketball season will be here soon enough!

UUUUGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

SUPERBUNNY
                    Midnight Madness is only about a month away. In 2 + months the season will be under way.

Comment

So I stand corrected. I thought it was November 15th, so I am off there but I think you catch my drift!

GB, GB, GJ!!!

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                        8-10 wins. If not better could this be it for a certain HC?
                        I honestly think you need to see this season and next before you make any serious judgements on coach Nagy. Especially when you consider the player turnover that has taken place, I think it is unfair to judge he or the program too harshly until this group of players has reached their potential. That should happen this year and next as Kai Williams and Garrett Callahan finish out their junior and senior seasons, and the key will be how the other players come around and fill in around them.

The point being, don't talk to me about the end of the road for coach Nagy until we see how this group continues to develop and mature. I have said it before, but if things don't turn around in the next 2 seasons I sincerely don't think anyone will have to show coach the door. Based on what I know of his personality, he is his own harshest critic and although he will never give up, if things don't work out I think he would realize that himself and look for the next opportunity.

I believe that this program is turning around right now and allowing the Williams, Callahan, Engen class to finish their last 2 years is the first step in seeing what the Jackrabbit men can accomplish in the future. By the end of the 2009-2010 season the Jackrabbit men will be a factor in the Summit League.
                        The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
                          I honestly think you need to see this season and next before you make any serious judgements on coach Nagy. Especially when you consider the player turnover that has taken place, I think it is unfair to judge he or the program too harshly until this group of players has reached their potential. That should happen this year and next as Kai Williams and Garrett Callahan finish out their junior and senior seasons, and the key will be how the other players come around and fill in around them.

The point being, don't talk to me about the end of the road for coach Nagy until we see how this group continues to develop and mature. I have said it before, but if things don't turn around in the next 2 seasons I sincerely don't think anyone will have to show coach the door. Based on what I know of his personality, he is his own harshest critic and although he will never give up, if things don't work out I think he would realize that himself and look for the next opportunity.

I believe that this program is turning around right now and allowing the Williams, Callahan, Engen class to finish their last 2 years is the first step in seeing what the Jackrabbit men can accomplish in the future. By the end of the 2009-2010 season the Jackrabbit men will be a factor in the Summit League.
                          I support Nagy and understand better than most the difficulty he and the program have encountered. However, when you speak to casual fans, observers, and fans of other programs they sense a need for a change at the top. If recruitment continues to be less than stellar and the team doesn't show definite improvement (I don't think we saw that last year) there is only going to be more pressure to make a change. Quite a challenge for Coach Nagy and his team. Can they step up? I hope so.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Understood, jackmd. You're right that the tangible step forward that we expected from the men last year didn't happen. We can talk on this board all we want about close losses and call that improvement, but until the wins actually start to come it is just that - all talk.

But I guess my hope was to show that despite all the struggles that coach Nagy deserves to see the program through this next 2 years and try to make a stand with this team. I believe that he is a very good coach and we are lucky to have him and just to show my support and belief that he and his staff will pull the program through this.
                            The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

My biggest concern for this year is a lack of proven post players. We are not a big team and will have some real matchups challenges. We are lacking that experienced 6'8-6'9 245lb athletic power forward that most teams have.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                                My biggest concern for this year is a lack of proven post players. We are not a big team and will have some real matchups challenges. We are lacking that experienced 6'8-6'9 245lb athletic power forward that most teams have.
                                Agreed. Hopefully the new offense mask some of our inexperience down low, but I really think success this season might depend on the performance and development of two players named Anthony: Cordova and Davis. Both are going to be vitally important to the success of the team IMHO.
                                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Working...
                                X