Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2007 Roster

Originally posted by SDHoops View Post
    Wow, you are absolutely clueless, just throwing out opinions and babbling about things with your I heard this, that. Well from someone who lived in North Dakota for two years and familiar with western North Dakota, I can say that Class B is the smaller class in ND but by no means "lower". There are many Class B teams in ND that would be Class A in SD. Payton's team Bowman was ranked in the top ten each year but with Dickinson Trinity, who made the state finals four out of the last five years and won the title in '06, in the same region they never got out of regionals. Payton was a good player and I believe he will make all the guards at SDSU work harder at practice with his ability to shoot and drive to the basket...I guess you can call him a power guard so to speak, but I don't think his drives amongst the D1 trees will be as successful as his competition in high school.
    Smaller/lower, is it really worth ripping a guy about?

I didn't see anything wrong with joeboo's post, other than the spelling of course, but I've learned to overlook that by now

Comment

Wow, you are absolutely clueless, just throwing out opinions and babbling about things with your I heard this, that. Well from someone who lived in North Dakota for two years and familiar with western North Dakota, I can say that Class B is the smaller class in ND but by no means "lower". There are many Class B teams in ND that would be Class A in SD. Payton's team Bowman was ranked in the top ten each year but with Dickinson Trinity, who made the state finals four out of the last five years and won the title in '06, in the same region they never got out of regionals. Payton was a good player and I believe he will make all the guards at SDSU work harder at practice with his ability to shoot and drive to the basket...I guess you can call him a power guard so to speak, but I don't think his drives amongst the D1 trees will be as successful as his competition in high school.
      Or maybe I do know what I am talking about a guy that played against him lives in the same dorm as me a guy that a lot of people compared him to. (I will let you figure that one out for yourself) lowest/smallest I think you just need to calm down its not like I was taking a shot I was just saying he was in there class that is equal to SD's class B.

Comment

Who is your roommate? Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite? I don't see anyone from Western ND on BHSU's roster. If your roommate was compared to Tivis he would have averaged around 20 ppg and would've been a great shooter and would've been on at least an NAIA team. There are only two classes in ND, so I guess Class B is the lowest but there are teams that can compete with the Class A teams..

Comment

Who is your roommate? Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite?
          Good reference
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

My neighbor and his wife are retired educators/admistrators from Bowman, ND. They retired about 2 years ago. Next time I run into my neighbor I'll ask him about Payton. Sounds like he should be a good addition to the roster to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
              My neighbor and his wife are retired educators/admistrators from Bowman, ND. They retired about 2 years ago. Next time I run into my neighbor I'll ask him about Payton. Sounds like he should be a good addition to the roster to me.
              I don't know the player and I don't know how he wound up here. But I would remind everybody that Coach Nagy likes to have extra practice players, and has always been open to having somebody walk on. That may or not be the case here, but I doubt he is a scholarship player at this point, so what's the harm???

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                I don't know the player and I don't know how he wound up here. But I would remind everybody that Coach Nagy likes to have extra practice players, and has always been open to having somebody walk on. That may or not be the case here, but I doubt he is a scholarship player at this point, so what's the harm???
                My neighbors are good people so if he's anything like them, he's a good kid. And there's nothing wrong with that. From what I gather from them, Bowman is a small, close knit community.

Comment

Is there any chance that Wagner would join the team? I know that he practiced with them last year and that he would of joined the team except for football and since he is a senior I thought maybe he would be interested and Nagy would let him.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                    Is there any chance that Wagner would join the team? I know that he practiced with them last year and that he would of joined the team except for football and since he is a senior I thought maybe he would be interested and Nagy would let him.
                    If push comes to shove, it might happen, that is if both Beran and Berte go down with injuries, then Nagy may have to go the route he went a couple of years ago. Not likely though that this will an option chosen, hopefully our big men will stay healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                      No chance at all Wags joins the team this year. He is focused in on a dream and want to get to the NFL. Maybe a Mike Steffen but no Wags, if there wasn't a shoot at the NFL he'd do it.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                        No chance at all Wags joins the team this year. He is focused in on a dream and want to get to the NFL. Maybe a Mike Steffen but no Wags, if there wasn't a shoot at the NFL he'd do it.
                        From what I understand, Wags lost too much weight playing basketball that half season. He's undersized for an NFL TE as it is for weight. He'll be spending time lifting and working on his speed, me thinks.
                        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                          From what I understand, Wags lost too much weight playing basketball that half season. He's undersized for an NFL TE as it is for weight. He'll be spending time lifting and working on his speed, me thinks.
                          You is correct.

Comment

He better start heating up. 60 yds, 0 TD in 5 games isn't going to get you very many looks.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                              In your face joeboe22, muah hahahahaha..................

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                                He better start heating up. 60 yds, 0 TD in 5 games isn't going to get you very many looks.
                                There have been scouts out to watch him. I'm thinking he'll be OK. If you think about tight ends, it's not often a featured position for college football teams. I'm guessing scouts know how to project when a college tight end will fit into a pro-style offense.
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X