2007 Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Roster

Can we assume that Mo will be back next year? Still ahvent seen an official release stating so. Do we plan to fill that last scholarship, or are we done for the year?

Re: 2007 Roster

Everything shows that he will be back. I doubt they wanted to do a press release because that would bring more light onto why he left the team.

I'm going to assume that they will wait to use that scholarship next year unless they find someone that will help them. I doubt they want to waste a scholarship on a big "project" player. We all know we need a big so if that came around I'm sure they wouldn't hesitate to give it out.

But again, these are all assumptions.

Comment

It will be a JUCO big or nothing at all from what I understand.

Go State!

Comment

Senior  
        Loney - forward  
        Casey - guard
        Wipf - guard
        Beran- forward
        Berte- forward 

Sophomore
        Callahan - guard  
        Yackley - forward  
        Williams - forward  
        Basset - forward  
        Engen - center  

Redshirt Freshman
        Cordova - forward

Freshman
        Moss - guard
        Sargent - guard
        Josh Cassady- forward
        Michael Palarca- guard

Comment

A juco 6-9 or so would complement the roster nicely, especially since the Jacks will have no juniors next year. The team has some promising talent though. Height-challenged, but lots of potential.
          This space for lease.

Comment

A JUCO transfer would be huge just to help even out the classes. Obviously they have to be able to play, but if we cannot find a juco lets save the scholarship and see if we can land another worthy high schooler.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks15
              Senior  
              Loney - forward  
              Casey - guard
              Wipf - guard
              Beran- forward
              Berte- forward 

Sophomore
              Callahan - guard  
              Yackley - forward  
              Williams - forward  
              Basset - forward  
              Engen - center  

Redshirt Freshman
              Cordova - forward

Freshman
              Moss - guard
              Sargent - guard
              Josh Cassady- forward
              Michael Palarca- guard
              Cordova will actually be a sophmore because he loses a year of eligibility as a prop 48.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
                [quote author=Jacks15 link=1180365001/0#3 date=1180384603]Senior  
                Loney - forward  
                Casey - guard
                Wipf - guard
                Beran- forward
                Berte- forward 

Sophomore
                Callahan - guard  
                Yackley - forward  
                Williams - forward  
                Basset - forward  
                Engen - center  

Redshirt Freshman
                Cordova - forward

Freshman
                Moss - guard
                Sargent - guard
                Josh Cassady- forward
                Michael Palarca- guard
                Cordova will actually be a sophmore because he loses a year of eligibility as a prop 48.  [/quote]

That's one rule I will never understand. How does a guy lose a year of eligibility when he's not even on the roster? I thought a person had 5 years to complete 4 years of eligibility?? I guess it's not the case with prop 48.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
                  [quote author=Jacks15 link=1180365001/0#3 date=1180384603]Senior  
                  Loney - forward  
                  Casey - guard
                  Wipf - guard
                  Beran- forward
                  Berte- forward 

Sophomore
                  Callahan - guard  
                  Yackley - forward  
                  Williams - forward  
                  Basset - forward  
                  Engen - center  

Redshirt Freshman
                  Cordova - forward

Freshman
                  Moss - guard
                  Sargent - guard
                  Josh Cassady- forward
                  Michael Palarca- guard
                  Cordova will actually be a sophmore because he loses a year of eligibility as a prop 48.  [/quote]
                  I don't believe this is accurate. Cordova had a mandatory red-shirt year this past year due to being a non-qualifier out of high school. I'm pretty certain that he doesn't lose a year of eligibility because of that.

Comment

He can get the year back if he graduates in four years.

Comment

My understanding, Cordova was a non-qualifier (GPA or test scores too low) and never represented SDSU as an athlete this year. Therefore, he should still have 4 years of competition (5/4 rule). Maybe I am wrong.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

What it is if im not mistaken he will be a sophomore but can apply for an extra year of elgibilty when he reaches a senior, from my understanding if the grades are in place the extra year is granted.

Comment

From what I gathered from the certification process, that does not exist at the D2 level, there is a time frame to complete your eligibilty and obtain your degree. Whether Cordova loses a year or gains it back depends a great deal on when he was offically enrolled as a student. I am not going to pretend to be a compliance officer, but that is in general how it works. Student athletes if they want to use their athletic eligbilty have to do so within a certain time frame. In other words, scholarship athletes are expected to make academic progress within a five year time frame. This is why Taylor Murray finished his football career at UND and Cardoes will finish his at Augustana. In both cases, it may have been medical reasons for delaying their eligibilty, but the time clock was running on their academic progress towards completing their academic work. The reason does not seem to matter, but the date they offically enrolled does matter.

Comment

The old Prop 48 rule for non-qualifiers basically cost the student-athlete their initial year of eligibility if they were a non-qualifier. I don't know how that related to scholarship or non-scholarship players. If Cordova was on scholarship then he more than likely lost his first year of eligibility. If he can get that back by graduating in four years I don't know. But technically he should probably be a sophomore at the start of next season.

Then again, rules change and none of us know exactly how his situation plays out at the DI level.
                            I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

cordova can play for 4yrs. he was not a scholarship athlete last year because of grades, it was just like him redshirting.

Comment

Working...
                              X