This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008-09 Recruits

The Jacks completed their best recruiting week since going Division I. They are done recruiting for the 2008-2009 classes unless someone leaves in the next two years. They also received a commitment from a 2007 Senior. Four commitments in four days.......three SD athletes and one from Colorado. The two underclassmen SD kids are from the 2009 class. They are both athletic, skilled 6'6" wings. The commitment from Colorado is a 6'7" wing who shoots lights out and is in the 2008 class.

There won't be any 2008 SD kids signing with the Jacks unless a scholarship pops open in the next year. It doesn't sound like that will happen. One more to sign in the 2007 class...most likely a guard then on to the 2010 class where they will have up to 6 scholarships to give or less if they stagger them for the following year class.

The future looks bright ....

Re: 2008-09 Recruits

Originally posted by Cadsev
    The Jacks completed their best recruiting week since going Division I.  They are done recruiting for the 2008-2009 classes unless someone leaves in the next two years.  They also received a commitment from a 2007 Senior.  Four commitments in four days.......three SD athletes and one from Colorado.   The two underclassmen SD kids are from the 2009 class.  They are both athletic, skilled 6'6" wings.  The commitment from Colorado is a 6'7" wing who shoots lights out and is in the 2008 class.  

There won't be any 2008 SD kids signing with the Jacks unless a scholarship pops open in the next year.  It doesn't sound like that will happen.  One more to sign in the 2007 class...most likely a guard then on to the 2010 class where they will have up to 6 scholarships to give or less if they stagger them for the following year class.

Thanks Cadsev, any word on when the press might catch wind of these??

Comment

Who is gonna catch on to these recruits committing here faster The Register or the Argus Leader :

Comment

I wonder if another Tetzlaff is coming to Brookings?

Comment

Amazing what having a conference home does for recruiting!

Comment

I say the 2 from 2009 are longshots. At best they are just verbals, and alot can change in 2 years imo.

Comment

not true. They both want to stay close to home anyways. SDSU just made the right decision and offered now, rather than wait for some other schools to even get the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadsev
                The Jacks completed their best recruiting week since going Division I.  They are done recruiting for the 2008-2009 classes unless someone leaves in the next two years.  They also received a commitment from a 2007 Senior.  Four commitments in four days.......three SD athletes and one from Colorado.   The two underclassmen SD kids are from the 2009 class.  They are both athletic, skilled 6'6" wings.  The commitment from Colorado is a 6'7" wing who shoots lights out and is in the 2008 class.  

There won't be any 2008 SD kids signing with the Jacks unless a scholarship pops open in the next year.  It doesn't sound like that will happen.  One more to sign in the 2007 class...most likely a guard then on to the 2010 class where they will have up to 6 scholarships to give or less if they stagger them for the following year class.

If these athletes prove to be students as well as athletes, I will be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies
                  I say the 2 from 2009 are longshots. At best they are just verbals, and alot can change in 2 years imo.

Nothing long shot about it at all.........SDSU wouldn't be able to offer any younger kids in the future if they didn't honor the scholarship offers to two potential high profile athletes from the 2009 class. Sure it's not binding and things can happen but once it hits the media that the offer has been extended and accepted the school doesn't pull very often. Otherwise there is no merit in offering a younger athlete at an early age.

It's different when an offer is extended and the athlete sits on it choosing not to take it and then the offer is pulled. Thats basically the athletes fault for dwelling on the issue too long. The media will eventually be notified and it will be documented that the two Sophs have verballed. No reason to be skeptical in this issue.

As for the academic achievement/qualifications of the athletes....they will be eligible day one and won't be Prop 48 status. No worries on that front.

Comment

Here is some info on a couple, scroll down about half way through the page:

http://www.dakotaschoolers.com/news.html

Looks like we have a couple players to watch the next couple of years...
                    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

So, with a couple of D-I recruits on the team, Madison should be a favorite to win the state tournament the next couple of years, yes?
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

OK, it's now out there who the 2 sophs are that have verballed to SDSU. Any bets on how long it will take before the media (Argus) reports it? I know at any big school (Nebraska, Iowa, etc.) this info would be reported immediately in the sports page, probably along with feature articles on the athlete. Hopefully SDSU soon achieves the same type of status where everybody wants to know and talk about recruits who verbal and whats going on with SDSU sports and these types of articles are a regular occurence in the sports pages.

Comment

Story from the Argus about the new recruits.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...34/1002/SPORTS

Comment

Love the last sentence of the story . . . "Oh yea, and Augie got a kid too" to paraphrase. ;D

Go State!

Comment

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?B...=461&rfi=9

Dogs' Fiegen, White going to SDSU

By DAN HOLSWORTH, Sports Editor  

White & Fiegen

Two Madison High School sophomores have verbally committed
                              themselves to attend South Dakota State University and play
                              basketball for the Jackrabbits when they graduate in 2009.

Chad White, son of Scott and Sheila White, and Tony Fiegen,
                              son of Ed and Patti Fiegen, have told SDSU Coach Scott Nagy
                              that they will play for him upon graduating from Madison.

SDSU officials have indicated they have scholarships for
                              White and Fiegen waiting for them in 2009, said the two
                              players' parents.

White and Fiegen, both 6-foot-6 guard/forwards, saw varsity
                              action for the Bulldogs, coached by Mike Ricke, as freshmen, helping Madison to a 19-2 record last season.  .  .  .  (read more)

Go State!  

Comment

Working...
                              X