2010 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Recruits

What use to be a long ways off is right around the corner in recruiting terms. At least 15-20 athletes nationally in the 2010 class have verballed to mid-high major programs. The prospects in the SD 2010 class is strongest at Sioux Falls Roosevelt High School in their three Sophs. Potentially others in the state may be considered but SDSU currently has the strongest interest in the SE part of the state. Notable names include:

Cody Larson - leads the list of prospects in SD. Is the best underclassmen prospect in the state who has yet to verbal to any school. Has drawn a lot of attention nationally from all levels of DI and about eight programs have made the trip to Sioux Falls in the past six months to watch open gyms at RHS. No high major offers yet but that could change in the months ahead. Ranked nationally in overall 2010 class in the range of 33-68 depending on the website and scouting service. SDSU has extended an offer along with some other mid major schools. SDSU may not be in the picture come decision time but he could decide to stay close to home.

Marcus Hemestra - SDSU again has shown strong interest in this Rock Valley, IA Soph. His teammate Jordan Dykstra has already verballed to Iowa State and many think Marcus has the ability and potential to become an outstanding basketball player. He's not known as well as his HS counterpart because he plays a ton of baseball in the summer and has not received as much exposure. May decide to play close to home which will help in the SDSU recruiting efforts. SDSU has recently offered.

Adol Aluong - No offer from SDSU yet but could come soon. Talented and explosive guard not typical of a SD guard. Has a bit of a "street" game but feel for the game is improving. Has worked hard on his perimeter game is developing a nice stroke. Look for good things out of him the next three years at RHS.

Derek Brown - Clark guard is intriguing SDSU staff. Has a consistent stroke from outside and plays hard. SDSU saw him quit a bit this summer and likes what they have seen so far.

Jared Bartling - Tall counter part to Larson and Aluong. Is getting stronger and growing into his body. Will be a late bloomer who needs to continue to work hard and develop a more consistent shot. Also needs to continue to improve his strength.

Re: 2010 Recruits

I believe Derek Brown is Steve Brown's nephew.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Thanks for the update Cadsev. Rep points for you.

Go State!!!
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
        I believe Derek Brown is Steve Brown's nephew.
        It is so. He is Steve's nephew and Johnnie's son, and both of them played for the Rabbits.

Comment

Cadsev,
          Is there anyway that Cody Larson and one or both of the other two Roosevelt boys become a package deal for some school because they want to play college ball together? Are they a tight bunch? Or do you suspect that Cody Larson will get offers that he just can't refuse similar to Colton.
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

All three are extremely close friends but a package deal is far too early to tell.

Comment

For the record, Derek Brown is a STUD... I've played with and against him in open gym since Derek was in 3rd grade. Watch out... If he does grow a couple more inches he may be out of your league... but there are alot of 10th graders we can say that about. His brother hit a growth spurt right before his senior year and now stands about 6'3. We shall see
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Steve and John Brown certainly had the sweet shooting touch.
                PS: Where is Bartling from?
                This space for lease.

Comment

Sioux Falls Roosevelt

Comment

Adol Aluong is the one that intrigues me. Not really sure why, but have always liked watching him play. It seems way to early to be talking about these guys making commitments, but it is just one other reason why I know I am getting older.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Cody Larson - proabably the best recruit coming out of South Dakota over the next couple of years. How does he compare to Kai Williams? Will he be a better college player than Kai Williams?

Comment

Originally posted by carny View Post
                        Cody Larson - proabably the best recruit coming out of South Dakota over the next couple of years. How does he compare to Kai Williams? Will he be a better college player than Kai Williams?
                        For starter's Cody Larson according to a google is 6"7" a sophomore in high school and probably still growing. He is also getting attention from Minnesota, Iowa and Florida so I think he will probably go the way of Colton Iverson, and unless someone can tell me different I dont think he will be considering SDSU or USD, not with the attention he is now getting. Do you suppose Cody Larson knows who Mike Miller is and what he has today in terms of material things? I would be surprised if he did not know about those things such as a career in the NBA.

I am glad we have Kai and I would not trade his proven spirit and athleticism for any recruit that is still in high school. I think Kai is one of the better players that SDSU has had in some time. He will have a good career at SDSU and to start comparing him to hs recuit in high school makes no sense whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          For starter's Cody Larson according to a google is 6"7" a sophomore in high school and probably still growing. He is also getting attention from Minnesota, Iowa and Florida so I think he will probably go the way of Colton Iverson, and unless someone can tell me different I dont think he will be considering SDSU or USD, not with the attention he is now getting. Do you suppose Cody Larson knows who Mike Miller is and what he has today in terms of material things? I would be surprised if he did not know about those things such as a career in the NBA.

I am glad we have Kai and I would not trade his proven spirit and athleticism for any recruit that is still in high school. I think Kai is one of the better players that SDSU has had in some time. He will have a good career at SDSU and to start comparing him to hs recuit in high school makes no sense whatsoever.
                          I wanted someone to respond that knows something.

Comment

It's a forum board, from what I know about them, it doesn't work that way.

Go Jacks!!
                            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

PM Cadsev. He knows what's going on.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                              X