Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacks vs. Bison --- Summit League Championship

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
    bisonville apparently believes he goes easy on South Dakota teams because he is a "homer", unsubstantiated whining from "gotta blame someone else for the loss rather than the team" people.
    A certain poster, not to be mentioned, is spewing that the technical foul caused a 5 point swing. It wasn't a 5 point swing as Jake missed the front of the 1 and 1, Daum hit the 2 technical free throws and we didn't score on the ensuing possession. So it resulted in 2 points.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      A certain poster, not to be mentioned, is spewing that the technical foul caused a 5 point swing. It wasn't a 5 point swing as Jake missed the front of the 1 and 1, Daum hit the 2 technical free throws and we didn't score on the ensuing possession. So it resulted in 2 points.
      You know, Miller could have not pushed Bittle......

Gets suspended for the semis and then shoots 1 of 8, scores 5 points and gets at T a crucial time in the game. Glad his suspension was lifted!

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
        No doubt. Isn't it amazing that NDSU & SDSU have owned the Summit invite the past 5 years? Who would have thought that would be our future...and like you mentioned it all started with the players that gave it all during the transition.
        Last 6 years. The Bison won it with Woodside the year before sdsu won their first 2.

Comment

This Paul Miller is a very good shooter and would love to see him wearing a Jack uniform, except he would have to learn how to play defense. That may explain his role as the shooter. Right now I suspect he is very frustrated and just needs to grow up a bit. He has the off-season to think about everything and regroup. I will say that the technical took the remaining wind out of their sails, but 5 point swing? No.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
            Last 6 years. The Bison won it with Woodside the year before sdsu won their first 2.
            Nah, Bison won in 2009. Oakland won in 2010 and 2011. SDSU won in 2012 and 2013. NDSU won in 2014 and 2015. SDSU won in 2016.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              You know, Miller could have not pushed Bittle......

Gets suspended for the semis and then shoots 1 of 8, scores 5 points and gets at T a crucial time in the game. Glad his suspension was lifted!
              I know I should not be defending Bison players, but in this case, Paul Miller was playing high school basketball somewhere in Wisconsin last year at this time. This kid has talent and needs to mature some. I think Dave Richman will bring him around and next game we play him, he will probably shoot the lights out.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                Nah, Bison won in 2009. Oakland won in 2010 and 2011. SDSU won in 2012 and 2013. NDSU won in 2014 and 2015. SDSU won in 2016.
                6 of 8 years either SDSU or NDSU has won it on the men's side. Pretty damn impressive.

On the women's side the title hasn't left the state of South Dakota.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  I know I should not be defending Bison players, but in this case, Paul Miller was playing high school basketball somewhere in Wisconsin last year at this time. This kid has talent and needs to mature some. I think Dave Richman will bring him around and next game we play him, he will probably shoot the lights out.
                  He played for the Bison last year...
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Wrong. He played for NDSU last year.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

He's a sophomore this year. So he was playing for the Bison last year at this time.

Comment

Paul Miller is a sophomore. Dylan Miller the post player is a freshman.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                          Wrong. He played for NDSU last year.
                          I stand to be corrected the NDSU website lists him as a Sophomore.

http://gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6323&path=mbball

He played in 32 of 33 games last year. I was very certain he was a brand new face. My apologies to the board. There are other issues then that probably will never leave the locker room. I don't think its a big deal.

Comment

This Paul Miller is a very good shooter and would love to see him wearing a Jack uniform, except he would have to learn how to play defense.
                            He got suspended for something he did the night before the Semis, why would you want to see him in a Jacks uniform?

Comment

He got suspended for something he did the night before the Semis, why would you want to see him in a Jacks uniform?
                              And your record is flawless no doubt. He does have talent.

Comment

This Paul Miller is a very good shooter and would love to see him wearing a Jack uniform, except he would have to learn how to play defense. That may explain his role as the shooter. Right now I suspect he is very frustrated and just needs to grow up a bit. He has the off-season to think about everything and regroup. I will say that the technical took the remaining wind out of their sails, but 5 point swing? No.
                                Not me. I like his skills, but not his attitude.
                                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X