Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacks vs. Bison --- Summit League Championship

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    Kelly is actually from Phillip and lives in Mitchell. He has never done us any favors when reffing our games.
    Its hard to believe "that where someone is from" enters into the discussion. I think in general refs are not paid enough and they generally go into a game with the attitude of "we will call them as they see them", and that's what we are paid for. Not rational thinking in my opinion.

Comment

Had a great time last night in Section 102 and the fans there were very nice and cordial to me despite yelling my butt off, in a positive way, for NDSU. Great time, great atmosphere. I shook everyone's hands when done and wished them the best. Best wishes to the Jacks; make the Summit look good!

Comment

Great win for the Jacks. Daum and Parks played well last night. We now have a week to hopefully get out of our funk on the offensive end. No matter who we draw, we most likely will have to shoot well from three....gutting it out on the defensive end probably won't be enough against a higher seed. Here's to a great game plan and a team full of confidence.

Comment

Jacks projected to be a #12 seed playing Cal in the east region. Their pod is in Spokane. Looks like the NCAA is as bad at geography as they are at most things.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

What a day for SDSU basketball. Having both championships be rivalry games really raises the stakes.

Someone needs to mention the contributions of Moffitt and Thiesen. Keeton hit some big shots, many of which were very difficult in the paint. Theisen provided a spark several times, getting three blocked shots and hitting a huge 3 when we needed it badly. I thought both guys stepped up nicely within their roles.

Maybe winning those two nail-biters will help us out in our NCAA tournament game. If we are going to get a win, it is going to be a similar type of battle requiring a clutch performance in the last minute.

Comment

I love the fact that Coach Nagy mentioned Kai Williams, Garrett Calahan, and Ben Beran in his postgame press conference. I would love to see SDSU bring back these players who stuck it out during the transition and helped us get to this level so that we, as fans and a program, can recognize them for helping us get through the dark days. If Kai and Garrett had transfered like many of their teammates, where would we be now? I just love that Nagy recognized them.
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                I love the fact that Coach Nagy mentioned Kai Williams, Garrett Calahan, and Ben Beran in his postgame press conference. I would love to see SDSU bring back these players who stuck it out during the transition and helped us get to this level so that we, as fans and a program, can recognize them for helping us get through the dark days. If Kai and Garrett had transfered like many of their teammates, where would we be now? I just love that Nagy recognized them.
                No doubt. Isn't it amazing that NDSU & SDSU have owned the Summit invite the past 5 years? Who would have thought that would be our future...and like you mentioned it all started with the players that gave it all during the transition.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                  No doubt. Isn't it amazing that NDSU & SDSU have owned the Summit invite the past 5 years? Who would have thought that would be our future...and like you mentioned it all started with the players that gave it all during the transition.
                  Jacks and Bison.... Oakland a distant memory... and a long time since ORU has won.... the old NCC rises again!

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
                    Had a great time last night in Section 102 and the fans there were very nice and cordial to me despite yelling my butt off, in a positive way, for NDSU. Great time, great atmosphere. I shook everyone's hands when done and wished them the best. Best wishes to the Jacks; make the Summit look good!
                    Nice NDSU fans like yourself leave me with a sense of guilt about winning. I think Dave Richman is a very good coach. He has had his problems this year with DuPere leaving and returning in a about a three week span, plus I think now he is dealing with the frustration of Paul Miller, a true freshman who has to be very frustrated with the injury and then coming back and ending up with a one game suspension. Then last night the technical foul. It looks like this very talented young man needs to time to mature. I am confident he will be back and pop in three's next year. These rocky sections of road distract from a well run program at NDSU. There are three teams I will dread playing next year-ORU, Denver and NDSU.

Comment

Agreed on Moffitt. He had 5 offensive rebounds by just trying harder than NDSU. They came at critical points in the game and were a big help in the outcome of this game.

Comment

So proud of this bunch of guys. Wow! They about gave us all a heart attack in games 1 & 2 but really played a nice game last night. Defensively they were outstanding.

Special shout out to Ian Thiessen for his game last night. He's taken a lot of heat on here and it was great to see him play that well. He controlled the paint last night, hit a big 3, and was a big factor in the Jacks winning the game.

This is a special group from the head coach all the way down to the Student Managers. On to the dance!!!

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          Its hard to believe "that where someone is from" enters into the discussion. I think in general refs are not paid enough and they generally go into a game with the attitude of "we will call them as they see them", and that's what we are paid for. Not rational thinking in my opinion.
                          bisonville apparently believes he goes easy on South Dakota teams because he is a "homer", unsubstantiated whining from "gotta blame someone else for the loss rather than the team" people.

Comment

Theisen defense inside was huge last night. Was also going to post that mofffitt was great. He was agressive on offense when he was in and It paid off. Parks also played a good game. Marshall struggled to score but his fts were huge. Glad they didn't have to make a miricle comeback again.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Just wanted to say congrats on the win and great season so far.

Here's to a respectable seeding and as many tournament wins as possible!

Comment

Amazing tournament, definitely worth the price of admission.

Congratulations to the team and coaches! I definitely had my doubts this year.
                                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X