Fort Wayne Round 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fort Wayne Round 2

Sorry if I made it appear that we win by just showing up. I'm merely saying we are at full strength, peaking at the right time with experienced players in important positions. Playing against a team who has lost arguably their best player. The first game we were without Jake and they were without Evans. Second time around we have Jake they are still without Evans. Do you begin to see why I'm optimistic about a W.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldogs53 View Post
      Sorry if I made it appear that we win by just showing up. I'm merely saying we are at full strength, peaking at the right time with experienced players in important positions. Playing against a team who has lost arguably their best player. The first game we were without Jake and they were without Evans. Second time around we have Jake they are still without Evans. Do you begin to see why I'm optimistic about a W.
      You're good. I see the points you make and I think they are valid. But I also know how hard it is to win on the road. Games like this are what make college bball fun.

Serious question. If you were to put $100 down on this game and the spread was Jacks -10 are you putting your $100 on the Jacks?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        You're good. I see the points you make and I think they are valid. But I also know how hard it is to win on the road. Games like this are what make college bball fun.

Serious question. If you were to put $100 down on this game and the spread was Jacks -10 are you putting your $100 on the Jacks?
        I'm not a betting guy. All I'm saying is that this is the time of the year where every game is critical. If we are truly going to be champs we have no choice but to win games that are in our control and not hope/wish someone else does it for us. This is our biggest game of the season and IPFW stands in the way of sole possession of first place. That's why I like our experience going in and expect big games from our guys.
        Last edited by bulldogs53; 02-16-2016, 04:12 PM.

Comment

If Jacks are -10 at FW that's a real story. I'm guessing it's an even spread. I don't share the optimism of bulldog but love the enthusiasm. We haven't played well on the road this year, it's gonna be tough. If our guards go under the ball screens on Landis it'll be really tough. I'm hoping for some defensive fight out of our guards and the Jacks to pull out a tight one.
          Nothing better than "motorboating" the Gophers!

Comment

Well, it's time this team takes on the 1-0 mentality of the football team. Not that they haven't already. This is the conference game of the year as it turns out.

It will be a tough test for sure but that is what it should be. The Jacks have the better team, there is no doubt about that. It is neutralized some by the home court for IPFW. This is the time of year when seniors need to lead and have the team ready to play. The coaches can yell until their blue in the face but what matters is these guys going out there and executing. These are the games you have to love to be in. They matter.

Personally, I really like the Jacks in this game. I think they are playing with confidence and have too much experience, too much talent, and too much depth for IPFW to keep up with. Defense and rebounding will fuel the rabbits along with a steady dose of the Dauminator! Jacks win this thing 74-68 and take a strangle hold on the Summit League Regular Season title.

As for the line, I'm betting the Jacks are -1 when it comes out.

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
              Well, it's time this team takes on the 1-0 mentality of the football team. Not that they haven't already. This is the conference game of the year as it turns out.

It will be a tough test for sure but that is what it should be. The Jacks have the better team, there is no doubt about that. It is neutralized some by the home court for IPFW. This is the time of year when seniors need to lead and have the team ready to play. The coaches can yell until their blue in the face but what matters is these guys going out there and executing. These are the games you have to love to be in. They matter.

Personally, I really like the Jacks in this game. I think they are playing with confidence and have too much experience, too much talent, and too much depth for IPFW to keep up with. Defense and rebounding will fuel the rabbits along with a steady dose of the Dauminator! Jacks win this thing 74-68 and take a strangle hold on the Summit League Regular Season title.

As for the line, I'm betting the Jacks are -1 when it comes out.

SUPERBUNNY
              This is what I'm talking about, well said SUPERBUNNY and Thanks! I'm am so tired of hearing we are not a good road team, we can't beat NDSU and Denver because of their style. When is it going to stop, we have our entire team, experienced and have played in tough venues, no more excuses. We were picked as preseason favorites for a reason. Do the players think they are the best, if they do we will leave Fort Wayne with a W.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                The Jackrabbits should be getting in the groove for roads games save the Omaha scorefest fiasco. They won the rival game at Vermillion, the solid victory in Tulsa, and they outlasted Denver on the road. I expect Nagy to have the team ready to play defense and the scoring has been coming easier for the offense. Landis will likely have Deondre bringing coverage for the defensive call. Konchar could still be a wild card. He is a 6'5" guard who will get some rebounds(9.5 per game) and score some points(13.7). Jake and Keaton will likely draw that assignment. It is not like those 2 guys are the team, but the action will definitely flow through those two. They are averaging 38.3 and 36.3 minutes per game. The next two are 31 and 30 minutes. They average 46 minutes of bench per game in conference play. The Jackrabbits find reserves at 60 minutes which Daum and Moffit probably stretch that number. The blue and yellow lens says Jackrabbits edge the Mastodons.
                I know this is not a gambling website, but if someone would like IPFW +2...let me know.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Line is currently at SDSU -3.0. If we keep their 3pt threat at bay, we win.

Anyone have a clue if IPFW streams their games online?

Comment

Fort Wayne Round 2

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post

Looks like video is available for $6. Sold.

http://www.gomastodons.com/watch/purchase.aspx?Live=402

Comment

Yes...you can get it (@5.95 for a 24-hr. availability). Just go to their website.

Comment

It's pretty simple, play defense and rebound. If Landis gets hot knock him on his ass every time he shoots. (figure of speech) Basically what NDSU did right after he nearly single handedly beat the coyotes.

The offense will be there, its all about the D.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          Its all about the D.

Quoted for emphasis

Comment

I'm hopeful for the win. It will be a tough test, for sure.

Will need a "team effort"...can't be one or two guys tonight...going to need contributions from everyone.

Comment

Don't forget the game starts at 6pm instead of the regular 7pm.

Comment

-3? Well, if I like the Jacks then I have to like them at -3!

SUPERBUNNY
                                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X