NCAA 6thFan Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCAA 6thFan Contest

I would say not at the moment. I think we can get to the finals. If we can do that, then maybe we can get some other supporters who dont want to see a large school win this thing.

Comment

You all know that this contest is sponsored by Turner Sports Interactive, Inc., right? You know who is behind this.

So, I'll tackle the obvious gorilla in the room: Why are we not writing our own script?

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
        You all know that this contest is sponsored by Turner Sports Interactive, Inc., right? You know who is behind this.

So, I'll tackle the obvious gorilla in the room: Why are we not writing our own script?
        That obviously would be a good idea...know anybody that can??? Let's face the other fact, that is what is really going on is that both Arkansas State and UCF are way ahead of their competition. What happens there, is what happened earlier to us...the opposition gives up and stops voting because the gap is too big, and the leader just doesn't vote unless the gap narrows substantially. As a result, what has happened in both those cases is that Arkansas State is aiming all its votes at Western Illinois and UCF is doing the same thing for Brigham Young. That all is very obvious, when you look at the next round matchups...we are way ahead and so is NDSU, because that matches your votes in this round against their votes in this round. That shows we are voting heavily for our team, and they are voting lightly (if at all) for their team. In fact the % gets bigger day by day, because very few votes are being cast in their competition. I voted for two hours Sunday night, six hours during the day Monday, and two hours early this morning. I average six votes a minute (but take 5-minute break every 20 minutes), which translates to about 3,600 votes so far. Don't know if I can keep that up. But if we can hang on, as another post noted, the margin actually is enlarging as to the votes needed to overtake us. If we can get to the finals, the other schools will be out, and it will be a pretty evenly-matched race with the Bison. We need everybody to squeeze out what time they can for votes and hang in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
          That obviously would be a good idea...know anybody that can??? Let's face the other fact, that is what is really going on is that both Arkansas State and UCF are way ahead of their competition. What happens there, is what happened earlier to us...the opposition gives up and stops voting because the gap is too big, and the leader just doesn't vote unless the gap narrows substantially. As a result, what has happened in both those cases is that Arkansas State is aiming all its votes at Western Illinois and UCF is doing the same thing for Brigham Young. That all is very obvious, when you look at the next round matchups...we are way ahead and so is NDSU, because that matches your votes in this round against their votes in this round. That shows we are voting heavily for our team, and they are voting lightly (if at all) for their team. In fact the % gets bigger day by day, because very few votes are being cast in their competition. I voted for two hours Sunday night, six hours during the day Monday, and two hours early this morning. I average six votes a minute (but take 5-minute break every 20 minutes), which translates to about 3,600 votes so far. Don't know if I can keep that up. But if we can hang on, as another post noted, the margin actually is enlarging as to the votes needed to overtake us. If we can get to the finals, the other schools will be out, and it will be a pretty evenly-matched race with the Bison. We need everybody to squeeze out what time they can for votes and hang in there.

Can we use a google cached version of the UCF fan forum to find theirs?

Because things you put on the internet stay there. at least if google caches it.

if you knew where it was then you could use this http://webapps.stackexchange.com/que...ersion-of-page

Comment

You are so right,we make it out of this rd, we are going all the way...staying positive ,.....voted over an hr.....didn't move the meter ,but helped hold them off. Will vote couple more hrs sometime today.
            Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-25-2014, 11:36 AM.

Comment

I'm looking forward to creating more space between us and WIU. I'm then going to devote more time to the Bison's cause. The $100k and the 15 minutes of fame would mean so much more in the Dakotas than with those bigger universities!

Comment

I think the Bison are going to create a night shift,they can't waste more precious time and have to draw even soon....i think it'll be a smart move.Anything to rally the troops.I'm rooting for the Bison to pull this out! Us too!!
                This contest under scores the importance of starting really strong out of the gate,we did ,Bison didn't, now it's harder for them.

Comment

TJAMZ on Bisonville has done a script and it apparantly works well. One poster has it set up so that he can cast a vote every 3.5 seconds. That works out to just over 1,000 votes an hour. Just think how productive I could be at work!

"I have written a voting script for this that works with iMacros and Google Chrome Browser. All you need to do is click the box under the "Captcha" and enter the text. By default you have 8 seconds to do this before the system casts the vote. You can adjust this to a lower number if you feel you are a faster typer and a higher number if you type like CAS

PM me if you want a copy of the script" - TJAMZ

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                    I'm looking forward to creating more space between us and WIU. I'm then going to devote more time to the Bison's cause. The $100k and the 15 minutes of fame would mean so much more in the Dakotas than with those bigger universities!
                    We are down to 51-49

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      We are down to 51-49
                      I freaked out for a minute because I read we are down 51-49, instead of what you wrote that we are "down to" a lead of 51-49. Hey, it got me back over to 6thfan.ncaa.com and while there I voted a few more times.
                      The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

We are back to 50-50. This is going to take a lot of work!

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                          TJAMZ on Bisonville has done a script and it apparantly works well. One poster has it set up so that he can cast a vote every 3.5 seconds. That works out to just over 1,000 votes an hour. Just think how productive I could be at work!

"I have written a voting script for this that works with iMacros and Google Chrome Browser. All you need to do is click the box under the "Captcha" and enter the text. By default you have 8 seconds to do this before the system casts the vote. You can adjust this to a lower number if you feel you are a faster typer and a higher number if you type like CAS

PM me if you want a copy of the script" - TJAMZ
                          I've got a similar solution in mind, but need to test, which I will do after work. If it works, how should I go about disseminating it to everyone here?

Edit: The rabbit is in the hole. Repeat, the rabbit is in the hole.
                          Last edited by TK22867; 02-25-2014, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Hope TK is right. Also, just want to mention that getting some more help is in the works. Not going to say more, but will let you know if extra calvary is on the way. The biggest problem we have is not beating WIU, but beating WIU and Arkansas State combo voting. Working on a scenario to move Arkansas State back to defense of their own turf...there is no doubt they want to face WIU and not us, and their voting shows it.

Comment

The iMacro thing works very well. Doesn't really speed things up much, but it saves you a lot of clicks.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Could someone who is using the more efficient method, PM me?

Comment

Working...
                                X