Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who's Got Next? Life After Wolters: 2013-14 Jackrabbits

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    If you have 'heard this' or 'heard that' about Prince, feel free to cite your source.
    I heard it from my father's brother's nephew's cousin's former room-mate.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
      What an epic fail at trying to be funny. Wonder if you are smart enough to figure out why? I get a kick out of posters who 'hear' everything or have 'knowledge' of certain situations, but resort to this when called on it. Not saying that what we are 'hearing' on Prince isn't true...just man-up and state where you got the information.
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

What an epic fail at trying to be funny. Wonder if you are smart enough to figure out why? I get a kick out of posters who 'hear' everything or have 'knowledge' of certain situations, but resort to this when called on it. Not saying that what we are 'hearing' on Prince isn't true...just man-up and state where you got the information.
        No, I think the question is, are you smart enough to figure it out? Maybe you should go eat some YOGURT and think about. Or maybe order some PIZZA from THE HUT.

I have one source into SDSU athletics and I'm not going to divulge who it is only to satisfy your needs on an Internet message board. If that means I don't "man-up" than so be it. I'm okay with that, even if you're not.

Comment

There obviously has been some beef between Prince and Nagy. However I'm pretty sure we have guidelines when reporting issues with student athletes. Say who its coming from or don't say it at all. I think I heard 3 separate times on here that Chad White was going to transfer and twice that Kai was going to transfer. I've heard how bad some teammates are and everything. I really don't care, if it becomes official we can talk about it then.

Comment

The power of the schwarts(SP).
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
              There obviously has been some beef between Prince and Nagy. However I'm pretty sure we have guidelines when reporting issues with student athletes. Say who its coming from or don't say it at all. I think I heard 3 separate times on here that Chad White was going to transfer and twice that Kai was going to transfer. I've heard how bad some teammates are and everything. I really don't care, if it becomes official we can talk about it then.
              Yah...it's called citing your source.

I have one source into SDSU athletics and I'm not going to divulge who it is only to satisfy your needs on an Internet message board.
              I mentioned Prince's potential departure (not by name) in another thread and was raked over the coals for doing so.

I'm going to go ahead and give up the goods. I have knowledge that during a practice this year Nagy and Prince "had it out" like no one has seen in a long time. Prince is referred to as "not a Nagy kind of guy".

I don't have any information on whether or not he intends to transfer or if things have been patched up since. Based on his playing time this year, my guess is "he gone".
              Ok...see below

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              The Message Board Rule on Rumors and Attribution Rule (filbert, 3/5/07)
              If you feel the urge to spread rumors about players (in any sport) leaving SDSU, CITING YOUR SOURCE IS NOW REQUIRED.

Acceptable sources are: Printed or broadcast news media (or web sites of printed or broadcast news media), coaches, and players on the team, or other person, BY NAME. No other sources will be acceptable on this board. Some unnamed person you talked to in the Union, in HPER, or anywhere else is not an acceptable source. Other Internet boards and blogs are not acceptable sources.

Failure to cite your source will result in the post and/or the thread being pulled and, quite possibly, depending on how the Moderator's day is going, the rumor-monger getting banned permanently from this board.

Note also that spreading the rumor in the form of a question (i.e. ""Did anybody hear the rumor that Joe Player is leaving the team?" or "What happens if Joe Player leaves the team?") falls under this rule. Any other methods of rumor-mongering which in the opinion of the Moderators is not properly sourced falls under this rule.

This board is intended to SUPPORT SDSU athletics. Unsourced rumors about SDSU student-athletes are destructive to the morale of the team and the entire SDSU community, and as such do not support SDSU athletics.
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Jacks1 - Awfully tough response for not getting a joke. Are you having a bad day?

I was not aware of this "policy" for an internet message board, but I'll go on record in stating that is completely absurd. I'm sure it has been argued to death on here, but what's the point of a message board if we can't have these types of discussions? I understand the thinking behind the policy and mean no offense to Filbert or other moderators. I know, I know, comply with policy or make my own message board.

No one is trying to stir anything up. If you have paid attention or have any connections to the program whatsoever you know where Prince stands. The potential transfer of Prince has been mentioned, but I don't believe anyone has stated that they know he intends to transfer.

My source is solid. Divulging my source would harm the program. If I should have kept it to myself rather than sharing with some fans, then its on me.

If you continue to badger me for my source, I'll do so, and let you, specifically, deal with the fallout.

Comment

Jacks1 - Awfully tough response for not getting a joke. Are you having a bad day?

I was not aware of this "policy" for an internet message board, but I'll go on record in stating that is completely absurd. I'm sure it has been argued to death on here, but what's the point of a message board if we can't have these types of discussions? I understand the thinking behind the policy and mean no offense to Filbert or other moderators. I know, I know, comply with policy or make my own message board.

No one is trying to stir anything up. If you have paid attention or have any connections to the program whatsoever you know where Prince stands. The potential transfer of Prince has been mentioned, but I don't believe anyone has stated that they know he intends to transfer.

My source is solid. Divulging my source would harm the program. If I should have kept it to myself rather than sharing with some fans, then its on me.

If you continue to badger me for my source, I'll do so, and let you, specifically, deal with the fallout.
                  The 'Spaceballs' joke did go completely over my head. That was a good one, by the way

I respect your response, you have some valid points. I don't doubt your source one bit...just think this Prince thing has gone a little too far.

Comment

The semester will end soon enough. If the young man(Prince) pulls out of Brookings rather than involvement in team activities, we can get the rest of the story at that time. Even when Monoghan left last year, it appeared to be a amicable situation. Hopefully it works out the best for all involved since it might be out of character to see otherwise.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• Re: Who's Got Next? Life After Wolters: 2013-14 Jackrabbits

The 'Spaceballs' joke did go completely over my head. That was a good one, by the way

I respect your response, you have some valid points. I don't doubt your source one bit...just think this Prince thing has gone a little too far.

Does this mean you guys have kissed and made up? I think TK lives in Iowa if you want to go a step further.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                        Does this mean you guys have kissed and made up? I think TK lives in Iowa if you want to go a step further.
                        That'd be a long way to go to get my butt kicked

Comment

I think our core will be pretty good next year, but here's a few things I would like to see.....

1) Bittle solidify himself at point guard.....He looked pretty good the last couple of games but Nate was running the point and Bittle was playing 2.
                          2) White become more than a 3pt threat......He's a great shooter when he's on, but totally disappears when he's cold. As a senior he has to bring more to the table than that.
                          3) Dykstra become the man.....he's first team all conference on the court, now I want to see him be first team all conference in the lockerroom as a leader.
                          4) Heemstra be the guy I saw play in Omaha.....his passing was great that night. That could take a lot of pressure off Bittle to be the sole play maker.
                          5) Carlson play with the confidence I saw against Michigan.
                          6) Horstman stay healthy for a whole season.

If Devine develops as a shotblocker/defensive presence, I think we will need to figure out a half court game that involves a true post. I think the Bison sometimes struggled offensively because as good a Bjorkland is, they never could figure out the spacing offensively when he was in the game. After 3 seasons of Nate at the point and 4 wings, running a true half court offense will be a challenge for us. I would love to see us make a Canada trip this year, the extra games will be invaluable and I don't see us running the risk of peaking too early.

I would love to see Donlan get some quality minutes, especially if we could get away with redshirting Severyn.

My last wish is for Broman to be as good as advertised. At this point, I just don't see any difference between him and Louie Krogman. They were both elite high school scorers who played with the ball in their hands most of the time. At 6'1", he is going to need to be exceptionally quick to get his shot off over people that are 4 to 5 inches taller than him and to avoid being a defensive liability. Picture it like this, if he were on another team, he would have to guard Bittle at point or else Carlson or White on the wing at 6'5"/6'6"....I just don't see it happening. Of course then again, if he ends up with 1500 career points like Louie, I guess I would be satisfied with that.

Comment

The guy who took the most 3s on the team and hit 42% of them needs to become more of a three point threat???????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                              The guy who took the most 3s on the team and hit 42% of them needs to become more of a three point threat???????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????
                              He said become more than just a 3pt threat, and expand his game.
                              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                                He said become more than just a 3pt threat, and expand his game.
                                Reading fail. I was so confused.
                                Originally posted by JackFan96
                                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                                X