Who's Got Next? Life After Wolters: 2013-14 Jackrabbits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who's Got Next? Life After Wolters: 2013-14 Jackrabbits

I think Donlan is the key for next year. We know what we've got with Dykstra - a very good, tough big guy with a nice jumper. Although he may seem inconsistent at times, he's an all-conference player. He's at a high level. How much better can he get? The Jacks need a surprise, preferably someone who can shoot and pick up some of Wolter's scoring productivity. At this very early stage, I'm pinning my hopes on Donlan, mostly because he's got a few inches and a year or two on Broman.
    This space for lease.

Comment

I think Prince has lost a step this season and I think it happened before the season. Last year I think he had a better first step and could jump higher than this year. I think he went home for the summer and that I think that hindered his off-season progress.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
        Unless things have changed, he's probably gone.

Well if that is true, I wonder who that scholarship will go to. Maybe this player is not even on the team right now and we can get a late addition.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
          The leading shot blocker in the country averaged 4 a game this year,so i think suggesting he could get 3-5 a game is a tad optimistic.
          Absolutely that's optimistic and it depends a great deal on playing time and how much they staff want him to go and try to block shots. He's also adept at taking charges and playing team defense. But I also don't feel like I'm coming out of the blue, I never thought he'd have 12 games as a senior with double digit blocks, and I played in HS against a kid up here that was a legit 7 footer who went on to play at Binghamton, Nick Billings, he ranked 6th nationally with 3.8 as a true freshman and 2nd nationally (Emeka Okafor was 1st with 4.7) as a sophomore. And I can say without a doubt in my mind, Connor was better in high school as shot blocker and is more athletic.

Is it a stretch? Absolutely, but that number wasn't just pulled from nowhere.

Comment

Shot blocking #'s depend greatly on what type of teams you are playing.

Comment

What matters is that he is 233 pounds and is looking to get to 250 by the start of his freshmen year, that is ridiculously important. And I thought borderline impossible for him to pack on that kind of weight

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
                I think he went home for the summer and that I think that hindered his off-season progress.
                Prince was definitely in Brookings for the summer workouts from late May thru early August. Saw him a number of times
                Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Originally posted by SkippyJack View Post
                  Prince was definitely in Brookings for the summer workouts from late May thru early August. Saw him a number of times
                  It might be a bit premature to think that Prince will be on the road after this school year. If he is even an average student, (he would sit a year somewhere else while) he could stay the course here and get his degree. Since he was not a traditional freshman, he may need to watch the clock to get his degreee anyway.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Oh, I thought he went back to Toronto, my bad.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
                      Oh, I thought he went back to Toronto, my bad.

Still trying to discern if this is just wild speculation about one player. Prince started at least once last year, and who knows what might have happened had he not gotten injured. It does him a disservice to just wildly speculate without anything more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                        Still trying to discern if this is just wild speculation about one player. Prince started at least once last year, and who knows what might have happened had he not gotten injured. It does him a disservice to just wildly speculate without anything more than that.
                        I mentioned Prince's potential departure (not by name) in another thread and was raked over the coals for doing so.

I'm going to go ahead and give up the goods. I have knowledge that during a practice this year Nagy and Prince "had it out" like no one has seen in a long time. Prince is referred to as "not a Nagy kind of guy".

I don't have any information on whether or not he intends to transfer or if things have been patched up since. Based on his playing time this year, my guess is "he gone".

Comment

Prince was hurt early on, believe he had turf toe (I have not had it, but had a friend who had it, said its worse then a sprain ankle). I had heard him and Nagy weren't tight, but had heard things got better, and he was well liked by many on the team. Even if he is gone, I do have to give him credit for staying through the year, in years past when things occurred they left right away.

Devine and Hemstra will be big, as they will have to take over Tony's minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                            I would argue its not "wild speculation". It was clear to those of us that attend the games that Coach Nagy and Mr. Prince were not seeing eye to eye. It might be in the best interest of both parties to go their separate ways. I don't see him having a major impact on this team going forward. If he remains, great, if he goes I wish him the best.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

If you have 'heard this' or 'heard that' about Prince, feel free to cite your source.
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I personally like Prince and hope he stays I wish we would had more opportunities for our bench to play. I hope it was just an injury and he can get back to form. I liked what I saw from Prince when he got in but he had more trouble finishing down low probably because of his injury, but he was really aggressive on the boards. I hope he is around next year because he can really contribute in the grit department.

Comment

Working...
                                X