Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who's Got Next? Life After Wolters: 2013-14 Jackrabbits

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
    Jacks1 - Awfully tough response for not getting a joke. Are you having a bad day?

I was not aware of this "policy" for an internet message board, but I'll go on record in stating that is completely absurd. I'm sure it has been argued to death on here, but what's the point of a message board if we can't have these types of discussions? I understand the thinking behind the policy and mean no offense to Filbert or other moderators. I know, I know, comply with policy or make my own message board.

No one is trying to stir anything up. If you have paid attention or have any connections to the program whatsoever you know where Prince stands. The potential transfer of Prince has been mentioned, but I don't believe anyone has stated that they know he intends to transfer.

My source is solid. Divulging my source would harm the program. If I should have kept it to myself rather than sharing with some fans, then its on me.

If you continue to badger me for my source, I'll do so, and let you, specifically, deal with the fallout.
    My suggestion: Let's not discuss Prince's status any more unless the attribution rule is followed. In the meantime, the moderators will put their heads together and report back on the board with some "guidance"?

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
      Jacks1 - Awfully tough response for not getting a joke. Are you having a bad day?

I was not aware of this "policy" for an internet message board, but I'll go on record in stating that is completely absurd. I'm sure it has been argued to death on here, but what's the point of a message board if we can't have these types of discussions? I understand the thinking behind the policy and mean no offense to Filbert or other moderators. I know, I know, comply with policy or make my own message board.

No one is trying to stir anything up. If you have paid attention or have any connections to the program whatsoever you know where Prince stands. The potential transfer of Prince has been mentioned, but I don't believe anyone has stated that they know he intends to transfer.

My source is solid. Divulging my source would harm the program. If I should have kept it to myself rather than sharing with some fans, then its on me.

If you continue to badger me for my source, I'll do so, and let you, specifically, deal with the fallout.
      See, that's the problem. that line in bold. Posts along the lines of "everyone should know" that are followed by "I have this one source" don't really shed light at all. I would hazard that folks that come here have at least some "connections to the program" or we would not be here; maybe I am in a minority but I have no idea what you were referencing, other than the fact that he did not play toward the end of the year, after an injury. But other guys did not play as well.

Comment

Mods have consulted: The attribution rule (cited by Jacks1 in post 96 of this thread) is going to be enforced. The discussion about Prince's status with the team has to stop unless attribution is given.

Added: NoVaJack's "See, that's the problem" post is on point and that's why we have the attribution rule

Comment

footage of matt donlan in high school, if he has a good offseason I would like to see him play big minutes next year or definitely later on

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post

footage of matt donlan in high school, if he has a good offseason I would like to see him play big minutes next year or definitely later on
            Any one who can do these things on a bb court deserves a free education at SDSU. The same applies to Tuvan Prince. Maybe he has found a major course of study that he likes, and will hang around to get a degree. I can't blame him. Who knows what his relationship is with Coach Nagy? I don't. It is true that he has had turf toe which limited his playing time, but the other issues are all in the fans minds or in body language appearences from wathing the bench. Does body language constitute true communication? If the answer is yes, then we are no better than a pack of wild dogs.

Comment

Just a side note.....Prince is walking around campus on crutches, so I wonder if he finally had some work done on his foot.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                Just a side note.....Prince is walking around campus on crutches, so I wonder if he finally had some work done on his foot.
                Interesting.

Comment

So who thinks the starting line up by the end of the year will be Bittle/Carlson/Donlan/Dykstra/Devine ? or will White and Heemstra hold us steady ? Hopefully Nagy spreads more minutes for the guys off the bench whoever they are

Comment

So who thinks the starting line up by the end of the year will be Bittle/Carlson/Donlan/Dykstra/Devine ? or will White and Heemstra hold us steady ? Hopefully Nagy spreads more minutes for the guys off the bench whoever they are
                    I would be shocked, shocked, shocked if Donlan gets more playing time than White next year (barring injury).

I don't get all the expectations for Donlan making waves next year as a RsFR... I take it Coach Nagy has been talking him up at events? Of course, Coach Nagy has never hyped a player who turned out to not get much playing time at all (Prince is at the top of that long list).

With that being said, I hope he can make an impact.
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Devine won't be starting, and I doubt White would come of the bench unless not healthy. If Horstman is healthy I'm guessing he will see solid minutes. Though with Nagy he tends to switch with the starting lineups from time to time.

Donlan will see minutes, but him and White are very similar type of players and White is bigger/stronger.

Comment

So we're pretty set in with the 4 seniors and bittle. I'm high on donlan man, he's a shooter, he's athletic, has midrange game and can finish around the rim good

Comment

So we're pretty set in with the 4 seniors and bittle. I'm high on donlan man, he's a shooter, he's athletic, has midrange game and can finish around the rim good
                          Its possible that its the 4 seniors and Donlan or that 1 of the seniors goes to the bench, etc. Who really knows, things change quite a bit

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                            Its possible that its the 4 seniors and Donlan or that 1 of the seniors goes to the bench, etc. Who really knows, things change quite a bit
                            I don't know, I just get anxious thinking about stuff so I take guesses. But wow think if we landed Larson or the Wichita state guy, and have him and devine for the bigs and then all those good young guys, I'm guessing those teams would win conference championships and descent chance at ncaa runs

Comment

We don't know if any of this is true yet.
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I use to get really excited about posting future lineups etc. Then 2 guys would transfer, 1 would get hurt, some guy would surprise me the one incoming recruit I thought would play right away would red-shirt while the ones I thought would red shirt would play, and then I'd loom back and say not only was I completely wrong I completely wasted my time trying to figure it out.

Reports are Donlan is very good, but he is still undersized some. Devine has gotten bigger but reports are he still needs to refine his game. As for the others its so much of a toss up its hard to figure out.

I look at 2 big things in terms of trying to figure out rotations, 1 is can Bittle run the point, he played it very little this year, and at times struggled. If he can't he become more of the 3/defensive guy. Then Carlson or Horstman or one of the freshman would have to run the point and then rotations are totally different. The other big thing is can Heemstra play the PF position 25-30 minutes a game. He played well at times but never really played big minutes. I'm not too concerned about White, Carlson and Dykstra all 3 played huge minutes this year and have played solid minutes since they were freshman.

Comment

Working...
                                X