ORU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ORU

I watching the engen play. Good effort by both players. Maybe if ford didn't try to hang on the rim. Maybe if he would have been faster engen wouldn't have cought up. No wonder people out side summit league think we are a soft league. They were good efforts by both players. Same with kais play he went to strip the ball and not give up the easy bucket. Oru fans make it sound like if your going for a dunk you can't tru to defend it. So some one go tell the team that if you go hard to dunk every play oru players will just get out of the way because apparently in D1 ball you don't defend because people dunk. A couple of their posters just wow. So the next time one of their players fouls a guy going for a dunk I hope those couple posters eat a big pile of crow. I know I see out of yellow and blue glasses both I think they have some blinders on. Personally I think with ndsu us and oakland those 3 will be the future of the summit league and will do just fine with out oru. They probably saw the writing on the wall.

Anyway. We played hard and deserved to win. Good luck ndsu. Hope our boys come out ready to fire against suu it will be exciting to see how this thing ends.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post
      Not sure he is that different than anyone on this or any other message board. I've seen this board get a little 'jumpy' with visitors when they come on here after we've lost a game.

I actually like to see the fans of other teams come on here from time-to-time to give us another perspective, or even to knock us down a peg or two when we get a little to high on ourselves. Not a big fan of having other teams fans start thinking we are arrogant, & unreasonable - it doesn't represent my mid-west upbringing. Our Athletic teams won a sportmanship award for the summit League this past year. It would be nice if this message board could represent us, and the area, nearly as well.
      Yeah he is annoying, probably some guy 70 yrs old like me who loves his Golden Eagles.
      BTW I just lurked over there. I learned a couple years back to not respond to him, when Old Titan made some comments about the Dakota having too many white people. That one took the cake. I too will miss seeing the outstanding athletes like Morrison and Roundtree to mention two.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
        ORU and sportsmanship award. Hmmmmm. Kevi Luper, ORU up by around 30, one second on the clock, attempts a three. Sportsmanship???

Zach Horstmann did the same this year. Kids do dumb things. I don't care, the point of every game is to score from whistle to whistle. If you can't stop 'em? Well I guess you are f#$@ed then. Whine about a foul if you want. It's like a traffic ticket. You broke the rule, you got flagged move on. It's SUU game today! Time to get ready for that!
        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Read their board and can't really say I'm going to miss them. What a bunch of arrogant, self-rightous a-holes. Not all of them mind you, there are some good ones there. OldTitan has made more than one racist comment on there and I don't think anyone over there has any idea about the people of South Dakota or North Dakota. Calling us yokels, hockey mentallity saying we don't know a thing about basketball. They and their school are like the kid who owns the basketball at the park, starting to lose so he takes his basketball home crying. The Summit competition is catching up, Sioux Falls kicks Tulsa's butt when it comes to hosting the tournament and looks like it's going to host for a long time. Let's take our basketball and go to the Southland where they play southern gentleman basketball, let's get away from them ruffians up north. Bye-Bye
          Old Titan
          • Hall of Famer
          • Golden Eagle
          • 7,601 posts
          • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:41 PM
          Should be a hum-dinger in Brookings on Thursday.

Couldn't care less how many local-yocals they pack into that barn: will look like just another Tea Party rally.

I'm much more interested in whether our press and/or our zone will mess with them as much as it did in Tulsa, or if we can stay ahead and out of foul trouble and just go straight man-to-man all night.

Golden Eagle
          5,905 posts
          • LocationBensalem, PA
          • Sports:ORU, Philadelphia Eagles, Flyers, Phillies and Sixers
          Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:52 PM
          TheEagleman has done a thorough game analysis and it all comes down to this....South Dakota State has too many white guys.....ORU will win this game and cover the spread......it's a no brainer....

SDSU did a phenomenal job shutting down Hamilton and Gaines this past week. But even of they do manage to eliminate Domo, we have other weapons. Just need to show up, play well, hang close, and steal one on the road.

Comment

Lots of talk about one play. I can't blame the ORU player for trying to dunk. Can't blame Grif for trying to stop him. It was a hard foul, but it was a high-effort play from both guys.

I guess I find all the hand-wringing from a few ORU fans odd. Coach Sutton himself said it was no big deal. I hope the kid is OK. He's a heck of a player. But seriously, it's one play in a very physical basketball game.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
              Zach Horstmann did the same this year. Kids do dumb things. I don't care, the point of every game is to score from whistle to whistle. If you can't stop 'em? Well I guess you are f#$@ed then. Whine about a foul if you want. It's like a traffic ticket. You broke the rule, you got flagged move on. It's SUU game today! Time to get ready for that!
              Only thing with this was Stinkbeiner told her to shoot it

Comment

Only thing with this was Stinkbeiner told her to shoot it
                And Horstman is a freshman that barely plays.
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Read their board and can't really say I'm going to miss them. What a bunch of arrogant, self-rightous a-holes. Not all of them mind you, there are some good ones there. OldTitan has made more than one racist comment on there and I don't think anyone over there has any idea about the people of South Dakota or North Dakota. Calling us yokels, hockey mentallity saying we don't know a thing about basketball. They and their school are like the kid who owns the basketball at the park, starting to lose so he takes his basketball home crying. The Summit competition is catching up, Sioux Falls kicks Tulsa's butt when it comes to hosting the tournament and looks like it's going to host for a long time. Let's take our basketball and go to the Southland where they play southern gentleman basketball, let's get away from them ruffians up north. Bye-Bye
                  Old Titan
                  • Golden Eagle
                  • 7,601 posts
                  • LocationTulsa, OK
                  Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:41 PM
                  Should be a hum-dinger in Brookings on Thursday.

Couldn't care less how many local-yocals they pack into that barn: will look like just another Tea Party rally.

I'm much more interested in whether our press and/or our zone will mess with them as much as it did in Tulsa, or if we can stay ahead and out of foul trouble and just go straight man-to-man all night.

Golden Eagle
                  5,905 posts
                  • LocationBensalem, PA
                  • Sports:ORU, Philadelphia Eagles, Flyers, Phillies and Sixers
                  Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:52 PM
                  TheEagleman has done a thorough game analysis and it all comes down to this....South Dakota State has too many white guys.....ORU will win this game and cover the spread......it's a no brainer....

SDSU did a phenomenal job shutting down Hamilton and Gaines this past week. But even of they do manage to eliminate Domo, we have other weapons. Just need to show up, play well, hang close, and steal one on the road.

Spend some time in Tulsa, those type of comments wouldn't be shocking. This is a city which in many ways is still split along racial lines. Head to the wrong side of the tracks and the poverty is absolutely shocking. Very different then the gold towers Oral put up across the street from the ORU campus (if you can call what they have a campus).

I think you also have to understand that most ORU fans in Tulsa have a chip on their shoulder. They have a following that is smaller then most high schools in the area. Very few outside of the Evangelical community in Tulsa care about the school and it is easy to find residents in the Tulsa who are embarassed by the excesses of the founder and his son. For those who say things have changed in Tulsa, Marilyn Hickey is still involved with the school.
                  http://www.cephasministry.com/marilyn_hickey.html

Personally I'll be happy to no longer be associated with the school. I like Sutton, and enjoyed the level of talent they bring to the conference but that school... there is no way anyone can say that academically SDSU, NDSU and USD belong in the same conference as ORU.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                    And Horstman is a freshman that barely plays.
                    Wasn't it monagahn?
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      Wasn't it monagahn?
                      It was Monaghan. How can anyone begrudge him that shot. Totally unfair comparison of the two situations.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU82 View Post
                        It was Monaghan. How can anyone begrudge him that shot. Totally unfair comparison of the two situations.
                        I agree but I can see how from out side it looks bad. Just like clueless oru fans thinking griff hacked when he went to block the shot.

Comment

My opinion, ORU deserves no respect. Their reaction to this loss only solidifies my opinion with respect to that. If you want to let them bully you into believing that SDSU is less deserving of full credit for a great win than your selling SDSU and yourself short. SDSU deserves plenty of respect, Sutton recognizes that and I am happy to acknowledge his concession. I hope the Jackrabbits get another shot at these guys, I'd love for their last game in the Summit to be a loss to SDSU. Show some pride and stand up for Jackrabbits, especially Griff. Great win, on to SUU I hope ORU remains distracted by a false pretense that Dakotans are ignorant, racial thugs that will crumble under inappropriate scrutiny based on false pretense.

I think NDSU is going to thump them as well. I'll be following TV on the Argus site as the Elk Foundation banquet is this evening in Yankton, can't miss that.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU82 View Post
                            Agree, very different situation than Luper. You don't want to get blown out, play better. That said, neither are the same as trying to dunk that ball.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

A few nonsensical, whining posts by a few ORU fans should be ignored. But, take one valuable lesson from those posts before sending them to the memory dump: people have a tendency to judge a group -- in this instance, people associated with ORU -- by the junk spewing forth from a few. I suppose we all need to consider that point we when attack another school or program on this board. I wonder why we don't judge ORU from the really great, gracious fans we've heard from?Let's talk about SUU and wish the Bison good luck today as we work to at least even the W/L record with ORU.

(okay, how do I really feel? Will miss the quality Coach Sutton brings to the Summit League but other than that I won't miss them.)
                              Last edited by JackJD; 02-04-2012, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Well, Since the Jacks don't play on Feb 20, I will be at the OU-ORU womens basketball game. I ask forgiveness for one night leaving the blue and yellow at home and wearing the gold and black of Oakland U. Go Grizzley's beat the not so golden Eagles.

Comment

Working...
                                X