Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ORU

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    First of all, that sucks. What a crappy reason to miss a game.Second of all: nice.
    Yes it sucks. O well I guess. Doing my duty as a citizen
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
      Just out of curiosity, how'd they allow a Witness to be on the jury?
      Haha. Because I witness greatness.
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Just as I start getting excited about tomorrow's opportunity to take the Golden Eagles down in Frost Arena and take them down so hard they'll be softened up enough for NDSU to beat them in Fargo on Saturday....I stumble across an article about undefeated Murray "We Get No Respect" State, the only undefeated team in NCAA DI. In that article, the nitwit author discusses Murray's "putrid" strength of schedule. Look at what the dude wrote about ORU:

The result is a putrid strength of schedule for Murray State, a fact that has not gone unnoticed by NCAA pollsters. The Racers' schedule is ranked 160th out of 298 Division I teams, behind no-names like UNC-Greensboro, Appalachian State, and Oral Roberts. As a result, their ratings percent index (RPI), which balances a team's win-loss record with its schedule strength and several other factors, is just 33rd in the country.

What!? Somebody alert Douple's office!

Store Link: http://www.theatlantic.com/entertain...etball/252244/

Comment

In the pre-game story from ORU's Sports Info, they want to remind us of the first meeting:

In the first meeting this season between the top two teams in the Summit League, ORU used a career-high 38 points from Dominique Morrison as they handed SDSU a 97-75 loss at the Mabee Center. The 22-point loss was the worst of the year for the Jackrabbits, who enter Thursday's contest with a 17-6 overall record. With the victory, ORU moved to 8-3 all time against the Jackrabbits, and have won four straight match ups.

A Jackrabbit victory puts us just one game behind ORU; wrecks ORU's undefeated claim in the Summit League (they're 20-4 overall, 12-0 Summit); ends the ORU win-streak at 13; and prevents ORU from tying the Summit League record for league undefeated streaks (20, currently held by Oakland).

Story link: http://www.orugoldeneagles.com/ViewA...B_OEM_ID=17000

Comment

Well it's the Atlantic. Some good pieces in there, but it's pretty pretentious and not made for sports fans.

Example number one is the heading under the title:

Why you've (probably) never heard of the Murray State Racers
            Every single person even slightly paying attention to college basketball this season knows who Murray State is.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              Just as I start getting excited about tomorrow's opportunity to take the Golden Eagles down in Frost Arena and take them down so hard they'll be softened up enough for NDSU to beat them in Fargo on Saturday....I stumble across an article about undefeated Murray "We Get No Respect" State, the only undefeated team in NCAA DI. In that article, the nitwit author discusses Murray's "putrid" strength of schedule. Look at what the dude wrote about ORU:

The result is a putrid strength of schedule for Murray State, a fact that has not gone unnoticed by NCAA pollsters. The Racers' schedule is ranked 160th out of 298 Division I teams, behind no-names like UNC-Greensboro, Appalachian State, and Oral Roberts. As a result, their ratings percent index (RPI), which balances a team's win-loss record with its schedule strength and several other factors, is just 33rd in the country.

What!? Somebody alert Douple's office!

Store Link: http://www.theatlantic.com/entertain...etball/252244/
              Well, it IS The Atlantic, after all . . .

There's a bizarre scenario wherein SDSU loses to ORU Thursday night, and the Golden Eagles proceed to run the table all the way to the conference championship, where the Jacks beat the Golden Eagles to earn the Summit's automatic bid, and the Golden Eagles somehow (probably through some terrible clerical error) get an at-large bid to the tournament . . . sort of a going-away gift to the Summit League in the form of another share of the NCAA tournament take.

And then, SDSU plays a game for the ages and gets a first-round upset in the Tournament, earning another share.

Of course, if SDSU beats ORU, then there will almost certainly be no at-large bid for ORU. Seems to me this would be the optimal result, as the whole SDSU-wins-the-league-tournament-and-sneaks-a-first-round-NCAA-win scenario would still be operative.

And we'd beat ORU.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                Well, it IS The Atlantic, after all . . .

Well it's the Atlantic. Some good pieces in there, but it's pretty pretentious and not made for sports fans.

Why you've (probably) never heard of the Murray State Racers
                Every single person even slightly paying attention to college basketball this season knows who Murray State is.
                Juuuust beat you.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Except for Craig Mattick.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                    Except for Craig Mattick.
                    I'm also highly amused by the whole "I've worked for ESPN so I know more than you fools and rubes" schtick of Chris Tubbs, NDSU Graduate.

Some of us SDSU grads/fans live in Big Boy Sports Land, Chris. We're not all out on some farm somewhere in darkest South Dakota.

And Tubbs needs to figure out he's not in Minneapolis, any more. He's in South Dakota. And yeah, in South Dakota, a regular season game broadcast by an ESPN network from Frost Arena is a big F'n deal.

Learn the market, Chrissy boy, learn the market. Otherwise you'll just keep sounding as stupid as your on-air partner seems doggedly determined to be.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Is it irony that I've heard of Murray State, but I've never heard of The Atlantic?

"Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I'm also highly amused by the whole "I've worked for ESPN so I know more than you fools and rubes" schtick of Chris Tubbs, NDSU Graduate.

Some of us SDSU grads/fans live in Big Boy Sports Land, Chris. We're not all out on some farm somewhere in darkest South Dakota.

And Tubbs needs to figure out he's not in Minneapolis, any more. He's in South Dakota. And yeah, in South Dakota, a regular season game broadcast by an ESPN network from Frost Arena is a big F'n deal.

Learn the market, Chrissy boy, learn the market. Otherwise you'll just keep sounding as stupid as your on-air partner seems doggedly determined to be.
                        I have not heard of Chris Tubbs. My best guess from reading this thread: he's on a radio sports talk show with Craig Mattick? One of the benefits of living in Watertown: we do not receive Sioux Falls talk radio.

Comment

When I was attending grad school at UW-Milwaukee and the Mens BBall program was pretty darn good and they got a Braketbusters game on ESPN2, is was a big deal. It is all about national exposure for these Mid-Major teams.

Comment

Not that there's anything wrong with living on a farm in SD, right? RIGHT???
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

rubes
                              Rube, an offensive term for somebody who is regarded as naïve or unsophisticated, especially somebody from a rural area who is not use to city ways.

So I learned something today.

And I am jacked for this game, could be a season turning win for us. huge game.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                              X