No announcement yet.

Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first 4 seeds appear set with SDSU, UM, USD, UA. The committee will seed CAA champion above 2nd place Big Sky. The next 4 seeds are a jumble of Idaho, Villanova, Furman, APU, NDSU, MtSt. I think NDSU will be left out of the seeds. I also think they are the better team of those 5.

I expect the MVFC will have 6 teams in the playoff, with 4 each from the Big Sky and CAA. The committee always has a coastal bias, and the rest of FCS is weak, we may see another Big Sky team in the field. Mercer should be in as 2nd team from SoCon. The field should also have NC Central representing the MEAC. And then the auto bids.
    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
      The first 4 seeds appear set with SDSU, UM, USD, UA. The committee will seed CAA champion above 2nd place Big Sky. The next 4 seeds are a jumble of Idaho, Villanova, Furman, APU, NDSU, MtSt. I think NDSU will be left out of the seeds. I also think they are the better team of those 5.

I expect the MVFC will have 6 teams in the playoff, with 4 each from the Big Sky and CAA. The committee always has a coastal bias, and the rest of FCS is weak, we may see another Big Sky team in the field. Mercer should be in as 2nd team from SoCon. The field should also have NC Central representing the MEAC. And then the auto bids.
      Montana State should be put on the opposite side of the bracket from the Jacks. They have met in the semi's the last two years with one additional meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Montana State should be put on the opposite side of the bracket from the Jacks. They have met in the semi's the last two years with one additional meeting.
        Could care less if they're on our side. They are paper tigers outside of Bozeman in the playoffs.
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Ideal:

SDSU 1

Griz 2

USed 3

Idaho 6

Bobcats 7 or unseeded

Bison 7 or unseeded

SDSU vs a turd in the semis

Idaho upsets USed in quarterfinals

Griz vs Jacks in Frisco

Comment

Your semifinal matchups would be Idaho vs Montana and Jacks versus someone like Albany, Villanova, or whomever is seeded lower between Bison and Bobcats?

Comment

I'd love to hear Haslam's argument for who gets placed on opposite side of bracket, if it's between Idaho and Bobcats

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                Could care less if they're on our side. They are paper tigers outside of Bozeman in the playoffs.
                I'd like to see some new teams Jacks are unlikely to convince to play in Brookings during the regular season visit during the playoffs

Comment

#1 = Jacks
                  #2 = Grizz
                  #3 = 'Yotes
                  #4 = Idaho
                  #5 = Albany
                  #6 = 'Cats
                  #7 = Furman
                  #8 = Villanova

Bison unseeded

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I'd like to see some new teams Jacks are unlikely to convince to play in Brookings during the regular season visit during the playoffs
                    Villanova, Idaho, and/or Albany possible in the later rounds, so that's some new and intriguing matchups (Eck coming back, Villanova coming here after we beat them there in the playoffs a couple years ago)

Comment

well i guessed the top 4 right anyway)) but was apparently WAY OFF on the bison. thought they could be as high as 5 and basically NO CHANCE not seeded. it seems like a load of crap to me that Bison are ranked ahead of villanova going into this weeks games the bison beat two teams the last two weeks that would probably both beat deleware but somehow villanova jumps over the bison because they beat deleware

SO.... is everyone feeling happy that both montana schools and usd are in opposite bracket? or worried about idaho? personally i feel like i would be more comfortable with rematch with usd than idaho, i am not saying i am afraid of idaho!! just saying i think they will be a tougher potential opponent than usd, who we Cr cr cr crushed in vermillion

Comment

Gardner Webb vs Mercer to us in the second round.

Comment

Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post

Villanova, Idaho, and/or Albany possible in the later rounds, so that's some new and intriguing matchups (Eck coming back, Villanova coming here after we beat them there in the playoffs a couple years ago)
                          Gardner-Webb and Mercer winner would be two new teams, but could have quarterfinal rematch whomever wins Duquesne-'guins/Villanova winner

Comment

to be clear, i think bison were RIPPED OFF but i am happy to play villanova in quarter instead of them. i feel like idaho will more than handle albany and we see eck back in brookings for semi and it will be one of the montana schools in frisco unless bison go on that side and get hot. very very tiny chance that any school makes it to frisco that is not from MVFC or big sky

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Gardner-Webb and Mercer winner would be two new teams, but could have quarterfinal rematch whomever wins Duquesne-'guins/Villanova winner
                              i believe there is a VERY GOOD chance we see YSU in quarter

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                                well i guessed the top 4 right anyway)) but was apparently WAY OFF on the bison. thought they could be as high as 5 and basically NO CHANCE not seeded. it seems like a load of crap to me that Bison are ranked ahead of villanova going into this weeks games the bison beat two teams the last two weeks that would probably both beat deleware but somehow villanova jumps over the bison because they beat deleware

SO.... is everyone feeling happy that both montana schools and usd are in opposite bracket? or worried about idaho? personally i feel like i would be more comfortable with rematch with usd than idaho, i am not saying i am afraid of idaho!! just saying i think they will be a tougher potential opponent than usd, who we Cr cr cr crushed in vermillion
                                I'm interested in seeing how they play outside KIbbie in December and learning the extent of McCoy's injury.

Jimmy Rogers being interviewed now

Comment

Working...
                                X