Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
    Watching Furman vs Wofford.

Wofford is 1-9 but is up 3-0 10 minutes into the game.
    Wofford up 19-6 late 3rd, looks like they’re driving into Furman territory as well. A Furman loss will really shake the seeding up. Even a close win by Furman will shake things up, a loss will eliminate Furman from seed contention I would think.

Comment

Wofford hung on to win 19-13. Furman will be lucky to slide in at 8 now.

Western Carolina also lost to VMI 27-24. They fall to 7-4 and will likely be left out of the playoffs.

Our opponent from earlier in the year, the Drake Bulldogs, beat Butler 13-9 to win the Pioneer outright and earned a playoff berth.

Comment

What will tomorrow bring? Tea Leaves anyone?

anyoone?

Comment

my very UNexpert guess on the 8 seeds. i wont speculate past that.

1. SDSU
          2. U Montana
          3. U S Dakota
          4. Idaho (maybe the first spot with any question, but WHO has a better case for this spot? the head 2 head W over MSU locks this up, in my unexpert opinion)
          5. MSU (could they drop them further? sure! i think it probably comes down to where they want them to go for a possible semi? rematch with griz or jacks, but i think with all 3 losses to top 4 teams they get the 5 seed)
          6. Sac St- do they get jumped by bison? do they bet bumped past the cats? wont be surprised by EITHER possibility
          7. NDSU- i really dont see how some people are still thinking they dont get a seed and in my perspective they HAVE to be the 6 or 7. if they drop them to 8 it means they wanted NO CHANCE of Jacks v. Bison rematch
          8. Villanova or Furman and i have no idea which, but to me it makes sense that one of these two comes to brookings for the quarter and NOT the bison.

now that i think about it a little more i could imagine a scenario where they move bison past both Sac and MSU and they eliminate jacks bison final game rematch and have possible BIG conference rematches in the semis. i understand everyone will say MSU played jacks closer than bison did so they wont pass them in seeding. but i think the committee considers where and when matchups happen and i DONT see them wanting jacks bison quarter or final and if that is the case they can justify bison at 5 saying MSU got whooped in the last game and bison finished strong. anyway this seems like the best guess and bison should be 6 or 7, but i feel like better chance they bump them to 5 than drop them to 8

the other most interesting question is how many Valley teams get in. seems like it has to be 6 unless there are additional upsets still, but i dont think there are too many games left today

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
            my very UNexpert guess on the 8 seeds. i wont speculate past that.

1. SDSU
            2. U Montana
            3. U S Dakota
            4. Idaho (maybe the first spot with any question, but WHO has a better case for this spot? the head 2 head W over MSU locks this up, in my unexpert opinion)
            5. MSU (could they drop them further? sure! i think it probably comes down to where they want them to go for a possible semi? rematch with griz or jacks, but i think with all 3 losses to top 4 teams they get the 5 seed)
            6. Sac St- do they get jumped by bison? do they bet bumped past the cats? wont be surprised by EITHER possibility
            7. NDSU- i really dont see how some people are still thinking they dont get a seed and in my perspective they HAVE to be the 6 or 7. if they drop them to 8 it means they wanted NO CHANCE of Jacks v. Bison rematch
            8. Villanova or Furman and i have no idea which, but to me it makes sense that one of these two comes to brookings for the quarter and NOT the bison.

now that i think about it a little more i could imagine a scenario where they move bison past both Sac and MSU and they eliminate jacks bison final game rematch and have possible BIG conference rematches in the semis. i understand everyone will say MSU played jacks closer than bison did so they wont pass them in seeding. but i think the committee considers where and when matchups happen and i DONT see them wanting jacks bison quarter or final and if that is the case they can justify bison at 5 saying MSU got whooped in the last game and bison finished strong. anyway this seems like the best guess and bison should be 6 or 7, but i feel like better chance they bump them to 5 than drop them to 8

the other most interesting question is how many Valley teams get in. seems like it has to be 6 unless there are additional upsets still, but i dont think there are too many games left today
            Sac State lost to UC Davis and will be lucky to make the field at all at 7-4. I don’t see MSU being any higher then 7 after that ass kicking the Griz gave them.

I would predict it to look like this.
            1. SDSU
            2. Montana
            3. USD
            4. Albany
            5. Villanova
            6. Idaho
            7. NDSU
            8. Furman

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFan80 View Post
              Sac State lost to UC Davis and will be lucky to make the field at all at 7-4. I don’t see MSU being any higher then 7 after that ass kicking the Griz gave them.

1. SDSU
              2. Montana
              3. USD
              4. Albany
              5. Villanova
              6. Idaho
              7. NDSU
              8. Furman
              just checked the sac st score. that is what i get for assuming

Comment

1. SDSU
                2. Montana
                3. USD
                4. Albany
                5. Villanova
                6. Idaho
                7. NDSU
                8. Furman
                again my thought, i believe, is FAR from expert, but i am VERY curious how you justify albany moving from 12 to 5 and passing Idaho, as well as V Nova passing Idaho. ALSO, WHY does Furman lose to a one loss team (even without their -furman's- starting QB) and stay IN the top 8, but MSU loses on road to number 2 team and has ONLY losses to teams in the top 5 but you drop them OUT of top 8?

not saying you are wrong and i am right. i am saying i am curious what are your reasons? BTW, Idaho up 14-0 in 1st Q so it seems they will avoid the Furman / Sac St final day pee down their leg syndrome

seems to me if they move Albany up that far and have all of UA, Nova, Furman in top 8 it is for reasons quite clearly not related to on field events. from my perspective there is almost no doubt 8 wins in the big sky MSU is seeded

Comment

adjusting for the Sac St outcome

1. sdsu
                  2. montana
                  3. usd
                  4. idaho- BTW now 28-0 after one Q. seem to be trying to make a statement. just cannot imagine them dropping ANY lower than 5 seed, but maybe there are forces at play i am not seeing
                  5 and 6 MSU and NDSU i think the order will purely be decided by when and where the committe wants potential rematches
                  7. villanova- nova and the jacks have had several meetings. i am not sure how many times nova has played the other teams i have listed here??
                  8. furman- as far as i know, this would be first ever meeting between furman and the jacks

i WISH that Sac St choking today would open the door for a 7th Valley team. not sure it is possible

Comment

Looks like most options avoid USD, Montana St, and NDSU from qtr or semi finals. I like that

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

again my thought, i believe, is FAR from expert, but i am VERY curious how you justify albany moving from 12 to 5 and passing Idaho, as well as V Nova passing Idaho. ALSO, WHY does Furman lose to a one loss team (even without their -furman's- starting QB) and stay IN the top 8, but MSU loses on road to number 2 team and has ONLY losses to teams in the top 5 but you drop them OUT of top 8?

not saying you are wrong and i am right. i am saying i am curious what are your reasons? BTW, Idaho up 14-0 in 1st Q so it seems they will avoid the Furman / Sac St final day pee down their leg syndrome

seems to me if they move Albany up that far and have all of UA, Nova, Furman in top 8 it is for reasons quite clearly not related to on field events. from my perspective there is almost no doubt 8 wins in the big sky MSU is seeded
                      Since the committee is apparently going by were a team was ranked at the time, Albany has two top 25 wins, including a shelling of Villanova. They only have one FCS loss, so I think they’ll get moved up. Villanova also has two top 25 wins. Idaho does have three and a FBS win so I can see the case for them ahead of both, but I think that Weber loss could bite them.

MSU has two as well but has three FCS losses, with the most recent being an ass kicking. If you also factor in where the teams are now, MSUs best win by far is Sac State, which has lost a lot of luster. It might be extreme to drop them out of the top 8, but I don’t see them being seeded very highly.

Furman has three top 25 wins, but that Wofford loss will absolutely hurt them, but I can still see them sneaking in at 8. I would also say their wins over Mercer and Chattanooga trump any MSU win.

My logic for NDSU is that it’s NDSU and they’ll get favorable treatment due to their past success. They are also rolling and look like a threat again.

Comment

Since the committee is apparently going by were a team was ranked at the time, Albany has two top 25 wins, including a shelling of Villanova. They only have one FCS loss, so I think they’ll get moved up. Villanova also has two top 25 wins. Idaho does have three and a FBS win so I can see the case for them ahead of both, but I think that Weber loss could bite them.

MSU has two as well but has three FCS losses, with the most recent being an ass kicking. If you also factor in where the teams are now, MSUs best win by far is Sac State, which has lost a lot of luster. It might be extreme to drop them out of the top 8, but I don’t see them being seeded very highly.

Furman has three top 25 wins, but that Wofford loss will absolutely hurt them, but I can still see them sneaking in at 8. I would also say their wins over Mercer and Chattanooga trump any MSU win.

My logic for NDSU is that it’s NDSU and they’ll get favorable treatment due to their past success. They are also rolling and look like a threat again.
                        thanks for attempting to satisfy my curiosity JF80!!! appreciated!
                        in my unvaluable opinion, i see the validity in your thoughts! I feel like all of the teams with a loss (everyone but the jacks obviously) have at least one loss that is somewhere between questionable and BAD.

that said, i will stand by my thoughts on idaho and msu, but i think you make an excellent point about msu having ZERO signature wins!! i just feel like all their losses are to top 5 teams and even with one of them being bad. according to your post, albany, nova, and msu all have 2 top 25 wins but i will put more value on msu's other wins against the big sky as opposed to the albany and nova wins. even though, as i said, NOTHING for msu feels like a signature win, they are still more valuable than other teams Ws and they get credit for coming the closest to taking down the jacks, in brookings. AGAIN, these are my GUESSES nothing more

you get NO argument from me on the bison. i can NOT understand how anyone is thinking they dont get a seed at this point. i will NOT be surprised at all to see them at the 5 seed. i do think it would be a significant surprise to see them any higher than 5 and someone on the committee would have to be able to give a very good explanation for that

Comment

BTW Idaho 56-0, yes 56- ZERO at halftime. the fighting Ecks are not messing around today

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            Here's the way-too-early, most-likely-inaccurate forecasts for Brookings on December Saturdays (from Accuweather):

Dec. 2: Sunny, high 28, wind NW 8 gusting to 17, 5% chance of precip
                            Dec. 9: Mostly cloudy, high 38, wind S 5 gusting to 12, 25% chance of precip
                            Dec. 16: Cloudy, high 30, wind WSW 8 gusting to 17, 25% chance of precip (snow possible to likely Wed and Fri of that week)
                            the Quarterfinal or Semi-Final could be on a Friday night.

Comment

1. SDSU
                              2. Montana
                              3. USD
                              4. Albany
                              5. Villanova
                              6. Idaho
                              7. NDSU
                              8. Furman
                              Sam Herder's latest predictions match the bulk of your seeded teams (swapping Vandals and Villanova), seeding Furman 7th, and replacing Bison with Bobcats.

I'd favor the committee dropping the Bison, if only for them having both Racers and 'necks on their home slate.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                                What will tomorrow bring? Tea Leaves anyone?

anyoone?
                                Should probably gird ourselves for Bison being 8th seed

Comment

Working...
                                X