Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post

How about with a win Montana State moves to 2 and Montana goes to 4?
    Furman to 3?
    USD a 5
    I think USD with only one FCS loss to the # 1 ranked team would probably would jump ahead of Montana who would have two FCS losses, one of them a bad one to NAU.

Comment

Probably right hope they jump to 3 and Furman to 4

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

Good analysis but I don't fully agree with this. You are under valuing Furman as there will be some East Coast bias in the selection committee. My guess would be they are the 2 seed if MSU wins the Brawl with MSU getting the 3 seed. If UM wins the Brawl then they are the 2 and Furman is the 3. I have USD as a 4 seed in either scenario.

As for the CAA grouping, if Delaware wins then likely a 7 seed is about right for them. If Nova wins though it would be hard to seed them higher than Albany since Albany won 31-10 early this year.

I think it's a tough sell to say there are 4 BSC teams worthy of seeds so I just don't see Sac St. quite getting there. Heck, a loss to UCD puts them squarely on the bubble themselves.

Speculation is fun, will be interesting to see how the last week plays out and see how the committee handles it.
        Samford had just as good of a resume as Furman last year and was seeded at 6. I struggle to see the committee putting Furman in the top 3.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFan80 View Post
          Samford had just as good of a resume as Furman last year and was seeded at 6. I struggle to see the committee putting Furman in the top 3.
          True, but Samford was never ranked #2 in the polls and there were far more 1-2 loss teams last year than there are this year. Heck, the #8 seed is likely to be a team with 3 losses and last year there was only 1 seeded team with 2 losses (NDSU). The 8 seed last year was undefeated with an FBS win...

Comment

Montana Wins
            1. SDSU
            2. Montana
            3. Furman
            4. USD

Montana State Wins
            1. SDSU
            2. Furman
            3. USD
            4. Montana State?

*I don't like either of these scenarios, and I hope they are both wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
              Montana Wins
              1. SDSU
              2. Montana
              3. Furman
              4. USD

Montana State Wins
              1. SDSU
              2. Furman
              3. USD
              4. Montana State?

I wouldn't mind the first if Montana State drops to 6 or 7.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                Montana Wins
                1. SDSU
                2. Montana
                3. Furman
                4. USD

Montana State Wins
                1. SDSU
                2. Furman
                3. USD
                4. Montana State?

How the committee decides between USD and Furman will be very interesting. Could see it going either way.

Comment

So who should I be cheering for?

Griz or Cats?

Comment

The way SDSU is playing, and barring injuries, does it make a difference?
                    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Here's the way-too-early, most-likely-inaccurate forecasts for Brookings on December Saturdays (from Accuweather):

Dec. 2: Sunny, high 28, wind NW 8 gusting to 17, 5% chance of precip
                      Dec. 9: Mostly cloudy, high 38, wind S 5 gusting to 12, 25% chance of precip
                      Dec. 16: Cloudy, high 30, wind WSW 8 gusting to 17, 25% chance of precip (snow possible to likely Wed and Fri of that week)
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        Here's the way-too-early, most-likely-inaccurate forecasts for Brookings on December Saturdays (from Accuweather):

Dec. 16: Cloudy, high 30, wind WSW 8 gusting to 17, 25% chance of precip (snow possible to likely Wed and Fri of that week)
                        I know 28-38 degrees with light winds should mean larger crowds... but I gotta say... those games in the teens or below just feel so much more fun to me for a variety of reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

Mild compared to last year. Truly, the entire season so far has been very good weather.
                          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                            The way SDSU is playing, and barring injuries, does it make a difference?
                            Montana State has already proven they can compete with us, so yeah it does matter. One slip up against a great team means the season is over. Hopefully the team handles the playoffs like last season, but even that involved a scare from Holy Cross.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFan80 View Post
                              Montana State has already proven they can compete with us, so yeah it does matter. One slip up against a great team means the season is over. Hopefully the team handles the playoffs like last season, but even that involved a scare from Holy Cross.
                              i very much believe that as a team, the jacks give very little thought to anything other than the opponent in front of them, but i feel like if you could push them a bit they are unsatisfied with their performance against MSU this fall and would be happy for another game against them

Comment

Watching Furman vs Wofford.

Wofford is 1-9 but is up 3-0 10 minutes into the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X