Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
    Rene Ingoglia needs coal in his stocking for picking Grizz to upset Jacks in Frisco.
    To be fair, we're 0-8 vs the Griz all time, including two of the biggest fourth quarter comebacks in the history of the sport (although seven of those losses were played in Missoula).

Only counter to that is that the Griz are 2-5 in championship games.

Comment

It's interesting that Villanova would be the most "common" opponent, outside of the 'guins of course. Looks like Jacks haven't played Idaho since 1979
      Not excited about either Nova or YSU but it is what it is. I think YSU has a very good shot at beating Nova so we’ll see.

I am excited for hopefully either Albany or Idaho in the semis.

We definitely got the easy side of the bracket. Idaho is second best on our side and it’s a distant second.

Comment

Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post

To be fair, we're 0-8 vs the Griz all time, including two of the biggest fourth quarter comebacks in the history of the sport (although seven of those losses were played in Missoula).

Only counter to that is that the Griz are 2-5 in championship games.
        I'm not sure his "research" delved into it in that much depth, but the teams haven't played since 2015, and another counter is that they eked out a home win versus Ferris State.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFan80 View Post
          Not excited about either Nova or YSU but it is what it is. I think YSU has a very good shot at beating Nova so we’ll see.

I am excited for hopefully either Albany or Idaho in the semis.

We definitely got the easy side of the bracket. Idaho is second best on our side and it’s a distant second.
          Anyone know Vandals QB McCoy's injury prognosis?

Comment

Anyone know Vandals QB McCoy's injury prognosis?
            Glanced at the Idaho board and didn’t see anything on his timeline. The backup threw 6 TDs against Idaho State so they’ll still be a threat even without McCoy. Plus it’s Eck and he’ll most definitely throw the kitchen sink at us.

Comment

Rene Ingoglia needs coal in his stocking for picking Grizz to upset Jacks in Frisco.

Speaking of "gifts" -- gojacks.com suggests tickets will be available at 5pm CT today
              Tickets will be available until November 29 for season ticketholders to claim their regular seat.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFan80 View Post
                Glanced at the Idaho board and didn’t see anything on his timeline. The backup threw 6 TDs against Idaho State so they’ll still be a threat even without McCoy. Plus it’s Eck and he’ll most definitely throw the kitchen sink at us.
                Jacks have to like potentially playing a dome team in Brookings in mid-December. Idaho has a young OL and seems to be more of a finesse type team. In cold weather having a power running game and a great defense are huge advantages.

Comment

Pretty good playoff outcome for the Jacks. My prediction is that it will be SDSU or Idaho vs. Montana or Montana State in the national championship game.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                    Pretty good playoff outcome for the Jacks. My prediction is that it will be SDSU or Idaho vs. Montana or Montana State in the national championship game.
                    My prediction there would be that Jacks make tater salad out of Idaho

Comment

• Originally posted by JacksFan80 View Post
                      Stats suggest Bengals' defense was Big Sky's worst, so not sure how indicative Vandals' performance is

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Speaking of "gifts" -- gojacks.com suggests tickets will be available at 5pm CT today
                        Just watched the replay of the selection show and was surprised at the odds they gave for winning the championship. Jacks were at 58%, but NDSU was second at 14%. Has an unseeded team ever won the Natty ? The Bison would have to win road games at Montana State, JSD and Montana and then win on a neutral field in Frisco. I could see them winning in Vermillion, but the odds would seem long for them winning at either location in Montana, much less both of them.

Comment

My prediction there would be that Jacks make tater salad out of Idaho
                          I’d be careful of giving Eck bulletin board material.

His trick play arsenal scares me.

Comment

• Originally posted by salemjack View Post

I’d be careful of giving Eck bulletin board material.

His trick play arsenal scares me.
                            The only bulletin board material I give are wacky Dairy Bar flavor blends

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Just watched the replay of the selection show and was surprised at the odds they gave for winning the championship. Jacks were at 58%, but NDSU was second at 14%. Has an unseeded team ever won the Natty ? The Bison would have to win road games at Montana State, JSD and Montana and then win on a neutral field in Frisco. I could see them winning in Vermillion, but the odds would seem long for them winning at either location in Montana, much less both of them.
                              This article delves into that, focusing on teams playing during era with top 8 seeded.

I believe Towson, seeded 7th in 2013, and the Redbirds, seeded 5th in 2014, would've been the lowest seeds playing for a national championship during that era. Thereby underscoring the difficulty for unseeded teams to advance.

I wonder if ESPN's model defaults to a 10 percent minimum probability for NDSU on their "brand" alone with them still getting four bonus points for naming a bison calf "Corso"

Comment

This article delves into that, focusing on teams playing during era with top 8 seeded.

I believe Towson, seeded 7th in 2013, and the Redbirds, seeded 5th in 2014, would've been the lowest seeds playing for a national championship during that era. Thereby underscoring the difficulty for unseeded teams to advance.

I wonder if ESPN's model defaults to a 10 percent minimum probability for NDSU on their "brand" alone with them still getting four bonus points for naming a bison calf "Corso"
                                Youngstown made the title game in 2016 as an unseeded team.

Comment

Working...
                                X