Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JacksFan80 View Post
    Youngstown made the title game in 2016 as an unseeded team.
    Mea culpa; Becton alluded to that as an exception in that JMU had "road" games as the 4th seed, and I forgot that 'guins were unseeded

Comment

• To my eye the teams playing best right now are SDSU, UM, & NDSU. My friends and family backing USD might differ, but their average points margin is very small. Playing on the edge may come to bite them. Could that change in a few weeks? Of course. These are young men playing a game. Attitudes and injuries can have a large affect.

I believe if these three teams play as they are now two of them are in Frisco in January. If SDSU plays to potential they should win. If not? That's why they play the game.
      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

• Originally posted by OldHare View Post

Tickets will be available until November 29 for season ticketholders to claim their regular seat.
        Anyone else getting an error when attempting to claim their season ticket seats for the playoffs?

Regardless, the ticket office is doing two things that seem to reflect their responsiveness to fan feedback:
        1. They've lowered the ticket price
        2. They're pre-loading all games into folks' accounts to make it easier to opt in to eventual purchase (referring to it as "Pay As We Play")
        Can't wait for 12/2!

Comment

• NCAA web site is predicting an SDSU-USD championship. They predict a Furman upset of Montana. That will provide bulletins board material. And then a USD victory over Furman.
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

• i am in very nearly total agreement with you Prairie
            my addition to your comments would be, i think Jacks are the VERY CLEAR top team and if they play their game everyone else is playing for second. UM is top contender to get second or take advantage of a bad day from the Jacks

NDSU and MSU are very close (meaning close to each other not close to the jacks). despite the seeds, i believe anyone who has been paying attention KNOWS that the bison are better than multiple seeded teams and the second round matchup at MSU will be interesting, entertaining, and informative. if the bison beat the cats in the cat box then everyone will know they better not count the bison out

i believe Idaho is the next best contender and if a team outside of these five makes it to Frisco it will be a HUGE upset. sorry usd but the coyotes lose at least 7 out of 10 games to any of these 5. coyotes have had a good year but i dont believe they are gonna beat the other teams mentioned here in the playoffs, even in vermillion

one other note, even though bison have to go on the road, they could make it to the final but never play a game outside of montana or the dakotas. i bet their fans will travel well and probably more of them would travel in every round they advance

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Anyone else getting an error when attempting to claim their season ticket seats for the playoffs?

Regardless, the ticket office is doing two things that seem to reflect their responsiveness to fan feedback:
              1. They've lowered the ticket price
              2. They're pre-loading all games into folks' accounts to make it easier to opt in to eventual purchase (referring to it as "Pay As We Play")
              Can't wait for 12/2!
              Using "incognito" mode may help, if you get the same error when attempting to reserve tickets. I tried that, and it seemed to work

Comment

• Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                NCAA web site is predicting an SDSU-USD championship. They predict a Furman upset of Montana. That will provide bulletins board material. And then a USD victory over Furman.
                If Furman beats Montana I will personally exile myself to Vermillion for a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by salemjack View Post

If Furman beats Montana I will personally exile myself to Vermillion for a year.
                  A fate worse than death !

Comment

• Originally posted by salemjack View Post

Becton attributes the win to the game being a defensive struggle with Furman's QB and RB making more plays than Grizz's offensive playmakers

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

A fate worse than death !
                      USD may just pay him to bolster their attendance numbers (relatedly, maybe the "ghosts of 'Yotes fans past" are how they count all those seemingly empty seats as having 'Yote rumps in 'em)

Comment

Becton attributes the win to the game being a defensive struggle with Furman's QB and RB making more plays than Grizz's offensive playmakers
                        Must not be taking into account an eastern team playing in Missoula in December.

Comment

Furman, defensive struggle? Seriously, Furman is scoring 28 pts per game and giving up 16. UM is scoring 30+ and giving up 15 against better opponents. Becton should come out west.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post

Furman, defensive struggle? Seriously, Furman is scoring 28 pts per game and giving up 16. UM is scouting 30+ and giving up 15 against better opponents. Becton should come out west.
                            He seems to think both defenses will stifle the offenses. Part of me thinks he might be trying to "manifest" some new blood among semifinalists

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Must not be taking into account an eastern team playing in Missoula in December.
                              I have mixed feelings about Grizz advancing. I'm fine with Furman pulling off an upset now that Grizz can't be forced to travel to Brookings.

Comment

• Furman played a schedule that was combined 47-69 and lost to a 2-9 Wofford. Montana played a schedule that was 60-61 and lost to 5-6 UNA. That manifestation will likely last 1 1/2 quarters.

Comment

Working...
                                X