Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by filbert View Post

I'm going to say about 10% NDSU. I can't find an attendance number for the game yet.
    Thanks Filbert. well then congratulations to usd on getting enough of their own folks there to hold it to that. i definitely would have expected a bigger bison contingent.

Comment

• Originally posted by filbert View Post

I'm going to say about 10% NDSU. I can't find an attendance number for the game yet.
      They said 9,141. No way that was how many actual butts in seats. All the images I saw made it look like quite a few empty seats. Similar amount of visitors to our game down there probably.

Comment

• Not surprised by USD getting blown out. They were a farce all year, winning close games despite losing statistically in a few of them. The only statistic that they were top 10 in was points allowed which was mostly due to good red zone play and bad plays by the opposing teams. Their record got inflated from playing the 3 worst teams in the league. Will be interesting to see if they can put together a good year next year

Comment

• Originally posted by westernjack View Post
          Not surprised by USD getting blown out. They were a farce all year, winning close games despite losing statistically in a few of them. The only statistic that they were top 10 in was points allowed which was mostly due to good red zone play and bad plays by the opposing teams. Their record got inflated from playing the 3 worst teams in the league. Will be interesting to see if they can put together a good year next year
          Yep. They were pretenders all along. That was pretty clear to me when we went into the dump and won 37-3.

Also, their QB might be one of the least mobile QB's in the history of football.

Comment

• Originally posted by westernjack View Post
            Not surprised by USD getting blown out. They were a farce all year, winning close games despite losing statistically in a few of them. The only statistic that they were top 10 in was points allowed which was mostly due to good red zone play and bad plays by the opposing teams. Their record got inflated from playing the 3 worst teams in the league. Will be interesting to see if they can put together a good year next year
            Interesting that they have Sycamores and Racers on their schedule sans Redbirds again.

Any word on their 8/31 opponent?

Comment

• Entz just accepted an FBS position. Wonder how/if it'll impact NDSU
              inforum article

edit: NDSU says he'll stay on through playoff run per Izzo

Article announcing the hiring on USC football page
              Last edited by peavy; 12-10-2023, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• it didn't in previous postseasons and Bohl/Klieman didn't leave early, but they didn't have to deal with a portal window that closes in three weeks

Comment

• Originally posted by peavy View Post
                  Entz just accepted an FBS position. Wonder how/if it'll impact NDSU
                  inforum article
                  I'd say I'd hope any impact is adverse, but I don't want to risk bad karma for Jacks or getting added to Santa's naughty list before he leaves Jacks swag/hoodies under the tree

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I'd say I'd hope any impact is adverse, but I don't want to risk bad karma for Jacks or getting added to Santa's naughty list before he leaves Jacks swag/hoodies under the tree
                    well said. topic closed

Comment

it didn't in previous postseasons and Bohl/Klieman didn't leave early, but they didn't have to deal with a portal window that closes in three weeks
                      They almost need to name someone before the portal window closes. If they go in-house like they usually do, it will be interesting who they might elevate. I don't think Roehl would be a popular choice with Bison fans.

Comment

Entz just accepted an FBS position. Wonder how/if it'll impact NDSU
                        inforum article

edit: NDSU says he'll stay on through playoff run per Izzo

Article announcing the hiring on USC football page
                        Seems odd he’d go be a LB coach. Also odd that David Braun who was NDSU DC in 2022 will be the full time HC at Northwestern in 2024, while Matt Entz will be a position coach in the same conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by JacksFan80 View Post
                          Seems odd he’d go be a LB coach. Also odd that David Braun who was NDSU DC in 2022 will be the full time HC at Northwestern in 2024, while Matt Entz will be a position coach in the same conference.
                          well i DEFINITELY could be wrong. and i did not look at EVERY shred of info listed here, but i think as i look at the USC athletic website it is saying he is the Assistant Head Coach for Defense and Linebackers Coach. i believe that means he will be the Defensive Cooridinator and also the LB position coach. if i am understanding that correctly i think being the DC at USC is probably every bit as desirable as NW HC. probably does not pay as much but it is USC

Congratulations to Coach Entz. i have not seen him be anything but classy in his role as the bison HC. it will be very interesting to see who they move to HC. i agree that i think the fans will revolt if Roehl is promoted

i believe the fans will be hoping for the MSU HC. very interesting to see if he would leave MSU. regardless of who it is, i think the facts are that NDSU has not missed on coaching hires for FB or MBB since making the jump to D1

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

well i DEFINITELY could be wrong. and i did not look at EVERY shred of info listed here, but i think as i look at the USC athletic website it is saying he is the Assistant Head Coach for Defense and Linebackers Coach. i believe that means he will be the Defensive Cooridinator and also the LB position coach. if i am understanding that correctly i think being the DC at USC is probably every bit as desirable as NW HC. probably does not pay as much but it is USC

Congratulations to Coach Entz. i have not seen him be anything but classy in his role as the bison HC. it will be very interesting to see who they move to HC. i agree that i think the fans will revolt if Roehl is promoted

i believe the fans will be hoping for the MSU HC. very interesting to see if he would leave MSU. regardless of who it is, i think the facts are that NDSU has not missed on coaching hires for FB or MBB since making the jump to D1
                            Saw a post that USC already hired a new defensive coordinator in the last week. Entz likely had that title added so they could add some extra $ to what a regular assistant receives.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Saw a post that USC already hired a new defensive coordinator in the last week. Entz likely had that title added so they could add some extra $ to what a regular assistant receives.
                              interesting. i guess he has his reasons. i can imagine some possibilities but it is probably best to let the facts come out if they do, as opposed to pure speculation

Comment

• Interesting.....there's been a lot of talk lately that at NDSU (and anywhere I assume), if a player declares for the portal, there time as a player is done....but a coach can "portal" yet finish out the year....
                                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                                X