Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    Interesting.....there's been a lot of talk lately that at NDSU (and anywhere I assume), if a player declares for the portal, there time as a player is done....but a coach can "portal" yet finish out the year....
    In 2021 Caleb Williams still played in Oklahoma’s bowl game even though I think he was in the portal. Or maybe he hadn’t declared he was in the portal yet? I can’t remember exactly, I just remember everyone knew he was leaving for USC with Riley but he still played in the Alamo Bowl.

Comment

• My initial thought on Entz was that it didn't make sense, successful FCS HC to FBS position coach. However, it looks like his salary goes from about $400,000 at NDSU to $900,000 at USC. Head Coaches rarely get to leave a job on their own terms, more often than not you are fired. The expectations are so high at NDSU that the last few years feel like a failure, even though they are a top 1-5 FCS program. Would he get fired after a few "successful" years in a row of only 2-3 losses each? Then factor in transfer portal and NIL, losing top players to FBS programs, players transferring during a playoff run. Maybe a little less stressful to take a few years off as a HC, learn under some new coaches, build your resume. It's not like USC's defense can get worse, so he's pretty much guaranteed immediate success.

What's the worst case scenario of this move? He makes an additional $500,000/year, gets to live in California for a little while, and based off of NDSU success will be able to apply for any future D2, FCS, or non-power 5 FBS Head Coaching job that he likes. If USC has some success, then he will be able to become a Power 5 Coordinator and maybe even Power 5 Head Coach.

Comment

• RE: Entz
        There are a lot of factors in a career move, money being one of them. Happy for Entz. If this is a step towards the dream, go get it!

Timing stinks for NDSU. Even if they win against the Griz, how much of a distraction will hold over all the way to Frisco? I couldn't be happier for this as an SDSU fan.

In the grand scheme of things, I wish the NCAA or "powers that be" locked down the transfer portal and coaching changes until post-championship games. Having these happen late season/playoffs creates distraction and turmoil when it's not needed. I'm sure there are reasons why this wouldn't work, but there has to be a better solution.

Comment

• 1 more selection all star FCS teams. This one goes to 3 teams.
          https://www.si.com/college/fcs/news/...TRXMX-xqolaFzM
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• The email for season ticket holders arrived yesterday that asked for preorders for SDSU allotted tickets to the Championship game.. This year season ticket holders are allowed to request the number of tickets that match the number of season tickets purchased for the season at DJD. Of course, there is no charge until the Jackrabbits qualify for the Championship game.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• Viewership numbers came out today from this past weekend. 1.85 million for our game. NDSU/USD was at 1.09 million. Surprising difference but the blowout certainly wouldn’t be anything that most would want to watch. Great exposure for us. Friday night isn’t always strong so we will see what this week averages.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                Viewership numbers came out today from this past weekend. 1.85 million for our game. NDSU/USD was at 1.09 million. Surprising difference but the blowout certainly wouldn’t be anything that most would want to watch. Great exposure for us. Friday night isn’t always strong so we will see what this week averages.
                I thought an ABC game would have more viewers than an ESPN game, but they did have to also compete with Army vs. Navy in about the same time slot. Due to being a blowout right away, Army/Navy got more of my attention than NDSU/USD.

Comment

• I also think being on right after GameDay didn't hurt. I will leave my TV on and watch whatever comes on next. May have been some of that as well.
                  One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                    The email for season ticket holders arrived yesterday that asked for preorders for SDSU allotted tickets to the Championship game.. This year season ticket holders are allowed to request the number of tickets that match the number of season tickets purchased for the season at DJD. Of course, there is no charge until the Jackrabbits qualify for the Championship game.
                    What is the "normal" ticket price if a guy were to try to get in on the season ticket hol sd er allotment? I assume it's less than what is currently on the seat geek thing (anywhere from 275 at the cheapest to like 2k)?
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

• Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post

What is the "normal" ticket price if a guy were to try to get in on the season ticket hol sd er allotment? I assume it's less than what is currently on the seat geek thing (anywhere from 275 at the cheapest to like 2k)?
                      If I recall correctly last year was $80 per ticket. You don’t select your seats as they are issued by priority. I think the cost is the same for all and they are in the same section(s) with other SDSU fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

• 2024 New Year's Resolution -- DO NOT kick it to Bergen

Comment

• Cam needs to be checked for a concussion. He was struggling to stand upright.
                          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

• Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                            Cam needs to be checked for a concussion. He was struggling to stand upright.
                            Could be one reason they split him out in OT and ran it w/Payton.

Comment

• MU in Frisco. All right then!
                              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

• Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                                Cam needs to be checked for a concussion. He was struggling to stand upright.
                                Couldn't believe that he was able to throw that last TD pass after that hit.

Comment

Working...
                                X