No announcement yet.

Frisco Roll Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We didn't get any. Figured we were too far down the line. We are around 1100.
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Does anyone know people that got some? The season ticket holder I was going through was pretty high (not sure his number) and didn’t get any.

If anyone else has 3 extra, send me a message.

Comment

My wife and I should be good for tickets as we signed up for the alumni association charter, but my daughter who thought she was good did not get in the allotment. So if anyone has one to spare, please let me know. Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          My wife and I should be good for tickets as we signed up for the alumni association charter, but my daughter who thought she was good did not get in the allotment. So if anyone has one to spare, please let me know. Thanks !
          Sorry to hear that; I received the same news.

I'd be curious to know how close I was to receiving ticket allotment

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
            We didn't get any. Figured we were too far down the line. We are around 1100.
            I wonder if anyone ranked lower than 200-300 in "priority" received any, particularly if everyone opted for eight tickets

Comment

Cutoff was somewhere between 850 and 946 according to folks on twitter

Comment

If the total ticket allotment to SDSU was 4500 (same as NDSU) and the school reserved 1500 for the band, parents of the players, athletics personnel, then that leaves 3,000 for distribution. Looks like the decision was made to alter the distribution after the snaffu Monday morning. In the first plan, season ticket holders could purchase tickets on a "first come, first served" basis. When the available tickets were purchased, the plan was to use the priority points system to assign the seats.

In the original plan, it was possible that a season ticket holder who had relatively few priority points, could have ended up with tickets (up to a max of 8) if they purchased tickets ahead of another season ticket holder who had a lot of priority points but couldn't buy tickets because when he tried, the tickets were gone. When the plan was changed, that indicated to me that all of the allotment of 3,000 tickets were sold to season ticket holders and that there were some season ticket holders who tried but could not purchase season tickets. The failure of the original purchase plan likely caused some season ticket holders to not be able to buy season tickets -- some may have quit trying because the system wasn't working or they got into the system only to learn that they were too late, the tickets were committed and there were none left. (I understand it was announced that the school’s allotment sold out so the ticket office will not have tickets available to the general public tomorrow.)

If there were 3000 available tickets, and those purchasing each purchased their maximum of 8, then the persons 1 through 375 ranked in order of priority points, got tickets (assuming the persons ranked 1 through 375 each purchased tickets). We can guess that some of the persons with better priority positions purchased fewer than 8 or perhaps didn't try to buy any tickets. So, priority placeholders 1 through -- 400? 415? got to buy some tickets. Hard to say. Only the athletic ticket office knows for sure how deep into the priority points rankings they went.

I got into the system right away yesterday morning and my confirmation shows I purchased 8 tickets at 8:02 am. I received the email this afternoon stating I got the 8 tickets. My wife and I will use two and the remaining six will go to a son and five friends, all former Jackrabbit student-athletes.

The crash of the Ticketmaster system relative to the Tailor Swift concerts shows that even the largest ticket-handling system can crash. Perhaps the final plan put into place by SDSU after the ticketing system broke down and then limped along (that is, taking orders and then figuring it out the actual distribution based on priority points) is one appropriate approach. Is setting a maximum purchase at 8 fair? I wonder if season ticket holders should be limited to the same number of season tickets the had in the season. I always purchase four season tickets—I think it would be fair if I was then given priority to buy four tickets for the Frisco game. that’s how playoff tickets are handled: a season ticket holder is given first shot at buying some or all of “their” seats for a playoff game. I think if a plan is announced in advance, then there will be fewer fans disappointed (or really ticked off) than what we saw happen.

One should be glad they're not working in the ticket office. Who could have predicted the rapid breakdown in the system? The Jacks are still relatively new to the whole 'trip to Frisco' madhouse. I hope fans who are really upset and think they should have gotten tickets, will remain the strong supporters that have helped the program rapidly grow into a powerhouse.

So now I'm flying to Frisco out of Watertown, SD. I hope those who have made plans to be at the game do not give up on getting tickets. Like others have written, there'll be tickets for sale, some at scalpers' prices but others at face value outside the stadium an hour before the start of the game.

Go Jacks.
                Last edited by JackJD; 12-21-2022, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  If the total ticket allotment to SDSU was 4500 (same as NDSU) and the school reserved 1500 for the band, parents of the players, athletics personnel, then that leaves 3,000 for distribution. Looks like the decision was made to alter the distribution after the snaffu Monday morning. In the first plan, season ticket holders could purchase tickets on a "first come, first served" basis. When the available tickets were purchased, the plan was to use the priority points system to assign the seats.

In the original plan, it was possible that a season ticket holder who had relatively few priority points, could have ended up with tickets (up to a max of 8) if they purchased tickets ahead of another season ticket holder who had a lot of priority points but couldn't buy tickets because when he tried, the tickets were gone. When the plan was changed, that indicated to me that all of the allotment of 3,000 tickets were sold to season ticket holders and that there were some season ticket holders who tried but could not purchase season tickets. The failure of the original purchase plan likely caused some season ticket holders to not be able to buy season tickets -- some may have quit trying because the system wasn't working or they got into the system only to learn that they were too late, the tickets were committed and there were none left. (I understand it was announced that the school’s allotment sold out so the ticket office will not have tickets available to the general public tomorrow.)

If there were 3000 available tickets, and those purchasing each purchased their maximum of 8, then the persons 1 through 375 ranked in order of priority points, got tickets (assuming the persons ranked 1 through 375 each purchased tickets). We can guess that some of the persons with better priority positions purchased fewer than 8 or perhaps didn't try to buy any tickets. So, priority placeholders 1 through -- 400? 415? got to buy some tickets. Hard to say. Only the athletic ticket office knows for sure how deep into the priority points rankings they went.

I got into the system right away yesterday morning and my confirmation shows I purchased 8 tickets at 8:02 am. I received the email this afternoon stating I got the 8 tickets. My wife and I will use two and the remaining six will go to a son and five friends, all former Jackrabbit student-athletes.

The crash of the Ticketmaster system relative to the Tailor Swift concerts shows that even the largest ticket-handling system can crash. Perhaps the final plan put into place by SDSU after the ticketing system broke down and then limped along (that is, taking orders and then figuring it out the actual distribution based on priority points) is one appropriate approach. Is setting a maximum purchase at 8 fair? I wonder if season ticket holders should be limited to the same number of season tickets the had in the season. I always purchase four season tickets—I think it would be fair if I was then given priority to buy four tickets for the Frisco game. that’s how playoff tickets are handled: a season ticket holder is given first shot at buying some or all of “their” seats for a playoff game. I think if a plan is announced in advance, then there will be fewer fans disappointed (or really ticked off) than what we saw happen.

One should be glad they're not working in the ticket office. Who could have predicted the rapid breakdown in the system? The Jacks are still relatively new to the whole 'trip to Frisco' madhouse. I hope fans who are really upset and think they should have gotten tickets, will remain the strong supporters that have helped the program rapidly grow into a powerhouse.

So now I'm flying to Frisco out of Watertown, SD. I hope those who have made plans to be at the game do not give up on getting tickets. Like others have written, there'll be tickets for sale, some at scalpers' prices but others at face value outside the stadium an hour before the start of the game.

Go Jacks.
                  I was trying to purchase them at 8am Monday and immediately getting an error, so I guess I'd prefer to see the following adaptations be considered/implemented:
                  • Handle future FCS Championship ticket allotments like other playoff games and load the same number of championship tickets into folks' accounts as the number of that person's season tickets
                    • Ticketing mechanisms are obviously in place to do this
                    • If people desire additional tickets to achieve the max. allocation, they'd submit requests for whatever the difference between their season ticket total and the desired championship ticket total is
                      • Those requests would be processed once all eligible season ticket holders had an opportunity to get the number of championship tickets equaling their season ticket total
                  • Formalize a "Frisco experience" framework allowing those who were rejected this time to move closer to consideration in future years
                    • This would involve establishing a rotation whereby folks who attend this championship concede future trips to allow fellow fans the opportunity to attend at least one championship game
                      • If fans in the rotation "opt out," then prospective Frisco returnees move back into the rotation
                  • Award one-time bonus priority points to folks whose championship ticket requests were "'rejected," particularly if the rejectees have a string of consecutive playoff ticket purchases/playoff ticket purchases over consecutive seasons
                    • Athletics has a record of attempted ticket reservations/purchases, as they sent each requestor confirmation emails
                  • Implement priority point bonuses for folks who have purchased multiple playoff tickets with escalators for those who have consistently done so over multiple seasons
                  I understand a new vendor/app is/was being used for at least some of the Championship ticketing process, so the first and second bullet points would/could involve coordinating with such entities if/when future FCS Championship appearances occur, but the third and fourth bulleted items seem feasible, given that Athletics has a record of the "rejectees" (based on distribution of the "thank you, but we're sorry email" last night), and the first two bulleted changes could serve to at least somewhat reduce fan angst, facilitate travel logistics/planning AND incentivize future playoff ticket purchases.

In the short-term, rejectees could be offered considerable Jackrabbit Central discounts, free swag, and/or discounted "apology pints" of SDSU ice cream (some of you knew I was going to work that last one in there somehow).

Comment

I got rejected, it sucks, but whatever. If you give more, you should get more. I do like the idea of being able to purchase the same number of tickets as season tickets you have. My only concern is those that have 20 seat suites. Not sure if the tickets will necessarily make it any further down the line to Sunny Side paupers. I would feel better if I had tickets in hand, but we are still heading down and see if we can come up with some tickets onsite. Go Jacks!
                    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I was trying to purchase them at 8am Monday and immediately getting an error, so I guess I'd prefer to see the following adaptations be considered/implemented:
                      • Handle future FCS Championship ticket allotments like other playoff games and load the same number of championship tickets into folks' accounts as the number of that person's season tickets
                        • Ticketing mechanisms are obviously in place to do this
                        • If people desire additional tickets to achieve the max. allocation, they'd submit requests for whatever the difference between their season ticket total and the desired championship ticket total is
                          • Those requests would be processed once all eligible season ticket holders had an opportunity to get the number of championship tickets equaling their season ticket total
                      • Formalize a "Frisco experience" framework allowing those who were rejected this time to move closer to consideration in future years
                        • This would involve establishing a rotation whereby folks who attend this championship concede future trips to allow fellow fans the opportunity to attend at least one championship game
                          • If fans in the rotation "opt out," then prospective Frisco returnees move back into the rotation
                      • Award one-time bonus priority points to folks whose championship ticket requests were "'rejected," particularly if the rejectees have a string of consecutive playoff ticket purchases/playoff ticket purchases over consecutive seasons
                        • Athletics has a record of attempted ticket reservations/purchases, as they sent each requestor confirmation emails
                      • Implement priority point bonuses for folks who have purchased multiple playoff tickets with escalators for those who have consistently done so over multiple seasons
                      I understand a new vendor/app is/was being used for at least some of the Championship ticketing process, so the first and second bullet points would/could involve coordinating with such entities if/when future FCS Championship appearances occur, but the third and fourth bulleted items seem feasible, given that Athletics has a record of the "rejectees" (based on distribution of the "thank you, but we're sorry email" last night), and the first two bulleted changes could serve to at least somewhat reduce fan angst, facilitate travel logistics/planning AND incentivize future playoff ticket purchases.

In the short-term, rejectees could be offered considerable Jackrabbit Central discounts, free swag, and/or discounted "apology pints" of SDSU ice cream (some of you knew I was going to work that last one in there somehow).
                      Having a system that gives priority to lower point earners in the allotment is a very bad approach from an alumni development standpoint. Anyone who wants to be there can be there and get a ticket. There will be many instances where people from the same group each requested 8 tickets and get them, so these groups will have extras. There are people who will post tickets now at high prices to see if they can take advantage of panic buyers. Don't buy them. Supply and demand should drive prices, and overpriced tickets are sold this early due to perceived supply and demand.

The system you have after the early snafu has been commonly used by every team that has more requests than allotment. Others may have limited requests to 4 or the number of season ticket holders (max 4).

How many season tickets does SDSU sell each year?

I can confidently say I'd you want to go you will be able to get a ticket and not overpay for it unless you are very picky on where you sit (i.e. row 1, 50 yard line).

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fcsfan View Post
                        Having a system that gives priority to lower point earners in the allotment is a very bad approach from an alumni development standpoint. Anyone who wants to be there can be there and get a ticket. There will be many instances where people from the same group each requested 8 tickets and get them, so these groups will have extras. There are people who will post tickets now at high prices to see if they can take advantage of panic buyers. Don't buy them. Supply and demand should drive prices, and overpriced tickets are sold this early due to perceived supply and demand.

The system you have after the early snafu has been commonly used by every team that has more requests than allotment. Others may have limited requests to 4 or the number of season ticket holders (max 4).

How many season tickets does SDSU sell each year?

I can confidently say I'd you want to go you will be able to get a ticket and not overpay for it unless you are very picky on where you sit (i.e. row 1, 50 yard line).

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
                        That depends on the alums whose "investment" you're attempting to spur. For instance, if I'm a fairly recent grad hoping to attend in Frisco using SDSU's allotment, I'll have no shot for at least five years to a decade. Conversely, a rotation would allow a more diverse set of fans to attend subsequent championships, and the well-heeled could still attend at slightly higher to much-higher prices (or at least that seems to be the argument you're making regarding ticket availability).

Other aspects I've proposed wouldn't discriminate; for instance, anyone could receive the incentives if/when they purchase playoff tickets.

And lest you think I'm among the "lower priority" crowd, I'm just outside the top 10 percent, so my proposal could very well result in my exclusion from earlier "rotations"

Comment

I would hate to be working in the SDSU ticket office today. Lots of unhappy fans.

My conclusion: this is on the NCAA more than our Athletic Dept. This game should be in a larger facility. I’ve heard parents of our players aren’t getting tickets. That shouldn’t happen. Students who want to go are also going to likely have to pay high prices so many of them will miss out on this experience.

Comment

As to the comments to the tickets I guarantee that there are very very few individuals that have that many priority points. How we got our tickets is we are in a group of 10 tickets that have been season ticket holder for over 10yrs. So in our case we could only get 8 tickets so the ticket office is playing a far game for all. Because the most we had at any playoff game is 8 so it all worked out.

The school up north is in the same boat with same allocation. The difference is when the tickets go on sale in Sept for $125 and up, they buy those tickets and sell them if they don't make it. I did that last year. This year we where not able to get any of those tickets they go fast. The real issue is the secondary market(scalpers) who there business is resell tickets. The only way to fix it increase allotments for schools. But the end of the its the NCAA and all they care about is money.

My advice is keep an eye on axis or any other website. There are alot of tickets left and prices will go down. Just remember the min original price was $125 so close to that is a great deal.
                            Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                              I would hate to be working in the SDSU ticket office today. Lots of unhappy fans.

My conclusion: this is on the NCAA more than our Athletic Dept. This game should be in a larger facility. I’ve heard parents of our players aren’t getting tickets. That shouldn’t happen. Students who want to go are also going to likely have to pay high prices so many of them will miss out on this experience.
                              What happens in a situation where its Incarnate Word and Holy Cross? They aren't selling that stadium out, maybe not even close to it.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post

My conclusion: this is on the NCAA. This game should be in a larger facility. I’ve heard parents of our players aren’t getting tickets. That shouldn’t happen. Students who want to go are also going to likely have to pay high prices so many of them will miss out on this experience.
                                Frisco has it through 2024, with an option for 2025. I don't believe many places have put in bids in previous years when the contract is up. That said, with SDSU, NDSU, and Montana State appearing to be powers for awhile to come, a smaller regional type city could benefit from the tourism of at least 20-40,000+ fans each January.

What places would you be interested in seeing place a bid? Minneapolis and US Bank Stadium would be awesome for this matchup. However the city may not draw in many tourists because a lot of fans are already in the area. If you were to get a match up of say Incarnate Word vs. Holy Cross, the stadium would be embarassingly empty and it would be a failed bid.

Weather in early January could factor in... what is stopping Fargo/NDSU, Grand Forks/UND, or Cedar Falls/UNI from placing a bid? All have the indoor facility that would sell out, assuming a Dakota or Montana team makes it nearly every year.

If there is some city that takes the approach of, "nearly each year either NDSU or SDSU will be in this game, and their fans travel. We could use the tourism this time of the year and we are conveniently located with either I-29/35/94/90/80 or have an airport terminal with direct flights from Sioux Falls, Fargo, or MSP." Situated either in this region, or in a region that what be a good warm mid-winter break for us.

Comment

Working...
                                X