Frisco Roll Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post

Frisco has it through 2024, with an option for 2025. I don't believe many places have put in bids in previous years when the contract is up. That said, with SDSU, NDSU, and Montana State appearing to be powers for awhile to come, a smaller regional type city could benefit from the tourism of at least 20-40,000+ fans each January.

What places would you be interested in seeing place a bid? Minneapolis and US Bank Stadium would be awesome for this matchup. However the city may not draw in many tourists because a lot of fans are already in the area. If you were to get a match up of say Incarnate Word vs. Holy Cross, the stadium would be embarassingly empty and it would be a failed bid.

Weather in early January could factor in... what is stopping Fargo/NDSU, Grand Forks/UND, or Cedar Falls/UNI from placing a bid? All have the indoor facility that would sell out, assuming a Dakota or Montana team makes it nearly every year.

If there is some city that takes the approach of, "nearly each year either NDSU or SDSU will be in this game, and their fans travel. We could use the tourism this time of the year and we are conveniently located with either I-29/35/94/90/80 or have an airport terminal with direct flights from Sioux Falls, Fargo, or MSP." Situated either in this region, or in a region that what be a good warm mid-winter break for us.
    I get there could be situations where it wouldn’t fill. However, this is still a soccer stadium we are playing football in. I was not super impressed with it when we were there in the spring finals. I do question still to this day if field conditions had any bearing on Mark’s knee injury. Dallas airport does have enough access for most people to get to easily. Otherwise, one would think about Arizona, Florida, etc.

Comment

I'm not trying to call anyone out here. But in reality a person could buy a ticket for $500 for Frisco and still be way cheaper in overall cost than the larger donor that got the $85 ticket. It does really suck for the people right on the "edge" of getting in on the allotment that have been contributing as much as they felt comfortable doing though. When dealing with this many people trying to get into a premium event there is never going to be a way to make everyone happy.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post

What happens in a situation where its Incarnate Word and Holy Cross? They aren't selling that stadium out, maybe not even close to it.
        This has been brought up several times over the last 12 years, largely because of NDSU's involvement. I don't remember if the 2016 game sold out and 2021 Spring can't be used as a normal reference. I remember seeing attendance prior to the NDSU involvement were in the 10-15k range for neutral site championship games. It remains to be seen if any other school besides NDSU would generate enough interest to sell out the stadium.

Championship sites are a bidding process with the NCAA. They don't just pick a city and rent facilities. There have been plenty of opportunities for other cities to bid, but nobody has beat the Frisco bid. Sports agencies that do this are investing in potential attendance. It would be risky to do that and then get a Furman New Hampshire and 5k fans. The NCAA does their allotment in a way to allow the local organizing committee an opportunity to sell tickets prior to the participants being known. If they allotted all the tickets to the teams and they only took 2k each that didn't leave time for the LOC to sell the rest. Without NDSU in the game, nobody knows if there would be more demand than supply.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have tickets (I think) and plan on driving. Drove when we went in the spring season, too.

Leaving from Eastern SD on Friday afternoon. Hoping to make it to Topeka or Wichita and then into Frisco on Saturday.

Just wondering if best to bypass Topeka and take 81 south of Yankton to Salina or get to Topeka and then hit the toll road to Wichita?

Really excited and it will be a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by JRFanatic View Post
            I’m confused. I purchased my 8 allotted tickets, my season tickets are the cheapest (East side/south end) and I give the minimum as a donation. Do I have tickets or not? I’m hearing conflicting reports. I don’t want to book a flight if I don’t actually have tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Didn’t get any; wasn’t terribly surprised based on my priority points. Also, not frustrated that the athletic department uses priority points to distribute tickets (most schools do this) but am frustrated that someone can have two season tickets and then purchase up to 8. I think it would’ve been responsible to allow season ticket holders to purchase the number of season tickets they have…just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
              I have tickets (I think) and plan on driving. Drove when we went in the spring season, too.

Leaving from Eastern SD on Friday afternoon. Hoping to make it to Topeka or Wichita and then into Frisco on Saturday.

Just wondering if best to bypass Topeka and take 81 south of Yankton to Salina or get to Topeka and then hit the toll road to Wichita?

Really excited and it will be a blast.
              As a DFW resident, i take the I35, I 135, and 81 route. It's most 4 lane divided hiway except for portions between Yankton and 20 miles N of York Ne. Limited toll roads & rarely any dense traffic.

I'm another frustrated football season tix holder not high enough to score a ticket. So, if someone has a tix to sell to a dedicated fan please pm me

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                As a DFW resident, i take the I35, I 135, and 81 route. It's most 4 lane divided hiway except for portions between Yankton and 20 miles N of York Ne. Limited toll roads & rarely any dense traffic.

I'm another frustrated football season tix holder not high enough to score a ticket. So, if someone has a tix to sell to a dedicated fan please pm me

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
                Thank you for the input. I appreciate it.

I do like that road as I have taken it a few times to Salina (branched off there to go to Great Bend) & OKC but Topeka is a nice, easy drive too.

Go Jacks!!

Comment

Justin Sell visits on this clip.
                  Splitting Hares by Jackrabbit Illustrated: Special Episode: JD Berreth with Justin Sell on Ticket Situation on Apple Podcasts
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

2 for Frisco!
                    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

I’m noticing tickets pop up that are going below $225 a piece on AXS. I’m sure more will pop up and probably will reduce even more.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                        I’m noticing tickets pop up that are going below $225 a piece on AXS. I’m sure more will pop up and probably will reduce even more.
                        Based on past experience I guarantee they will. I listened to the AD interview on the podcast. He mentioned there were people with 2 season tickets who requested 8 tickets to include their friends. This friends could include others who requested. The demand is never as high as its perceived to be. Even the years where NDSU was playing other teams with more interest than SDSU based on the regular season attendance by those teams (JSU, JMU, MSU), anyone who wanted to go could get a ticket. And those who bought early over paid. Some justified it by saying it was the cheapest part of the trip after the airfare and hotel. That's fair, but you can still save some by waiting out these inflated prices.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

Here’s the info for the alumni gathering on Saturday. Drinks, food included with ticket package. Should be a fun event!
                          https://events.friscohall.com/fh-events/sdsu-event/

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            My wife and I should be good for tickets as we signed up for the alumni association charter, but my daughter who thought she was good did not get in the allotment. So if anyone has one to spare, please let me know. Thanks !
                            My daughter and her friends were able to purchase 4 from a Montana State fan who had gotten them on the pre-sale, for basically what their cost was.Good to see that not everyone is out to make a quick buck.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

My daughter and her friends were able to purchase 4 from a Montana State fan who had gotten them on the pre-sale, for basically what their cost was.Good to see that not everyone is out to make a quick buck.
                              That's awesome.

I typically hate seeing fans gouging other fans.

Hopefully "neutral" fans attending the game end up backing the Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

That's awesome.

I typically hate seeing fans gouging other fans.

Hopefully "neutral" fans attending the game end up backing the Jacks.
                                Hopefully prices go down as the game gets closer, and a bunch of Jacks fans that want to go get the chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X