Transfer Portal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by witness View Post
    Transfer portal rules have changed for grad transfers. They have to enter the portal by the end of the spring portal window, April 30
    https://x.com/samherderfcs/status/17...737500849?s=46
    Herder is now reporting grad transfers have until just before midnight on May 1

Comment

• Looks like the speculation can be put to bed. Mark is officially staying.

http://twitter.com/mgronowski11/stat...53457064784323

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post
        Looks like the speculation can be put to bed. Mark is officially staying.

I've thought Mark would be back after he took part in spring practice, but it's great to make it official !

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post
          Looks like the speculation can be put to bed. Mark is officially staying.

LFG!

Comment

• Double dose of Jacks coverage on The Nate Brown Show's May 1 with dual Gronowski and Zim interviews.

Topics include:
            • Gronowski (46:30 mark)
              • Rationale for timing of Gronowski's announcement
              • FCS NIL considerations
              • Jacks' roster and chances to threepeat
              • Change at OC but with continuity
              • Gronowski's stats and draft stock
              • Jacks' FB culture and potential impact on roster stability/infrequent transfer portal activity
            • Zim (1hr 28min mark)
              • Thoughts on Gronowski's return
              • Jacks NIL collective
              • McCormick's, Davis', and Greenfield's NFL prospects
                • Also devote time to Jankes' prospects and how they'll theoretically be competing against each other for roster spot

Comment

• Jacks land an experienced OL from UND. www.twitter.com/SamHagen8 Started all 12 games last season at RG. Has two years of eligibility remaining.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                Jacks land an experienced OL from UND. www.twitter.com/SamHagen8 Started all 12 games last season at RG. Has two years of eligibility remaining.
                Sam Hagen is 6-6, 320 and an experienced o-lineman. He's exactly the type of player the Jacks need to fill a hole and provide depth in a strong roster. Welcome, Sam!
                Last edited by Jacked_Up; 05-07-2024, 06:51 AM.
                This space for lease.

Comment

• I feel like worst case scenario this sets a floor for the O-Line. I would think it is more likely than not that Quinten Christensen will occupy one of the tackle positions, and now it seems like we have the answer to the open guard position. If someone steps up and beats out Hagen for the job I feel like that is a really good sign. Reading Zimmer's article before the spring game, it appears we have multiple options fighting for the other open tackle spot. I thought it was a little odd that he didn't even mention Hicks as one of the options at tackle, but I am hoping this was due to his injury and he can go into fall camp healthy with a chance at winning the job. It is nice to sure up the biggest question mark heading into 2024.

Comment

• I've listened to interviews with Jimmy and Ryan Olson, and they both said that the second tackle position is going to be a battle between Hicks and Colby Christensen. And another positive with Hagen is that he also played some tackle at UND. I saw a post from a Montana fan, and they are disappointed because they thought they were going to land Hagen because the former UND OL coach is now at Montana.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      I've listened to interviews with Jimmy and Ryan Olson, and they both said that the second tackle position is going to be a battle between Hicks and Colby Christensen. And another positive with Hagen is that he also played some tackle at UND. I saw a post from a Montana fan, and they are disappointed because they thought they were going to land Hagen because the former UND OL coach is now at Montana.
                      Thats encouraging. I'm glad Hicks isn't being written off already. It's not every day we get a consensus five star recruit who could have gone to any college out of high school. Hope he can stay healthy and live up to his potential.

Comment

• Just listened to an interview that Hagen had with Dom Izzo. Sounds like he had FBS interest out of the portal. He specifically said San Diego State and Costal Carolina called him the day portal opened.

Comment

Working...
                        X