Transfer Portal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WTFJACK View Post
    No dog in the fight, just observant. Sorry if feelings were hurt, figured a fresh perspective without rainbows and unicorns was needed for balance.
    No it really is not. (dont get me wrong. you, like anyone can come here and write whatever you want, within more than reasonable limits, but nobody needs anyone to go around trying to add crap to their life because their life is just too darn good and too darn easy. we all get plenty of balance)

you see LIFE and the REAL world spend plenty of time giving us a perspective with no rainbows. people dont need their entertainment to be a bummer too. i believe the majority of us here are very well balanced and we know that life will kick you around a bit. we also totally realize that every person who has ever played or coached for the rabbits does not walk on water

but we are fans. we root for this team because they add joy to our lives

and i have personally known lots of coaches and players for both the jacks and plenty of our opponents. and all things considered the Jacks are working very very hard to do things the right way. and while i have never said they are flawless, we root for a school that has WITHOUT question one of the highest character highest integrity athletic programs in the country

The Jacks are one of the positive things in lots of peoples lives that ADDS THE NEEDED BALANCE to life that already has more than plenty of challenges

Comment

• and my feelings are definitely not hurt. i just NEVER understand this idea that people need to actually TRY to add crap to their life to stay balanced? SERIOUS? that sure has never been a problem for me. that stuff finds me all by itself. i have never had to look for it

Comment

• You know it’s a new era when a few fans are complaining about back ups leaving. As great as it is for the fans, the Janke’s and mason/greenfield back have caused some downstream effects. These players were good jacks but honestly were never going to be “the man”.

I’m also interested in the depth and what it will look like in 2024. I trust in our coaches to recruit and develop the next group just like they did with this group.

We have been searching hard in the portal for a WR but it’s not easy knowing they will be a #3 this year at best when most want immediate playing time. Our best sell was time as the 3 this year then if they have eligibility left, it’s wide open next year.

Wilde will need to be ready to be the man next year and this JC transfer will hopefully be one as well.

good luck to those who decided to find a better fit, it appears everyone is moving down a level for PT which speaks volumes.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
          and my feelings are definitely not hurt. i just NEVER understand this idea that people need to actually TRY to add crap to their life to stay balanced? SERIOUS? that sure has never been a problem for me. that stuff finds me all by itself. i have never had to look for it
          I guess someone coming in and doing a drive by every now and then reminds the rest of us how good we really have it.

Comment

No dog in the fight, just observant. Sorry if feelings were hurt, figured a fresh perspective without rainbows and unicorns was needed for balance.
            It's the wild pessimism that rubs them the wrong way. I'm confident you're right that SDSU needs to keep focusing on recruiting the upper midwest and not fall into the unwise pattern of searching Arizona, California, or Delaware for student athletes. But a few good ones here and there can't hurt.

Comment

• Originally posted by discoDancinRabbit View Post

It's the wild pessimism that rubs them the wrong way. I'm confident you're right that SDSU needs to keep focusing on recruiting the upper midwest and not fall into the unwise pattern of searching Arizona, California, or Delaware for student athletes. But a few good ones here and there can't hurt.
              doesnt it seem like one of the reasons that it was SO IMPORTANT to have the new HC be someone who is FROM the program would be to keep the foundational philosophy in place?

and this program has had the same recruiting base for 40 years or more. we have ALWAYS recruited SD, MN, IA, and Chicago / Illinois-ish
              that foundation has never changed
              always got some from other nearby states, wisconsin, missouri, etc and nebraska and since the move to D1 obviously nebraska has become a lot bigger part of the picture
              also seems like we very often have 1 or 2 players on the roster from FL
              and pretty much from the second we hit D1 AZ has become important, so getting players from AZ does not represent any change at all

and as you said we have always gotten a few players here and there from pretty much anywhere in the country. seem to be getting a few more from TX recently, but does not seem at the expense of any traditional recruiuting areas

Comment

doesnt it seem like one of the reasons that it was SO IMPORTANT to have the new HC be someone who is FROM the program would be to keep the foundational philosophy in place?

and this program has had the same recruiting base for 40 years or more. we have ALWAYS recruited SD, MN, IA, and Chicago / Illinois-ish
                that foundation has never changed
                always got some from other nearby states, wisconsin, missouri, etc and nebraska and since the move to D1 obviously nebraska has become a lot bigger part of the picture
                also seems like we very often have 1 or 2 players on the roster from FL
                and pretty much from the second we hit D1 AZ has become important, so getting players from AZ does not represent any change at all

and as you said we have always gotten a few players here and there from pretty much anywhere in the country. seem to be getting a few more from TX recently, but does not seem at the expense of any traditional recruiuting areas
                Agree on all counts. I take it as a sign that a few extra from the state of Texas have decided to play in Brookings. Coincidence? No, they just want to play in their backyard when the time comes. (ha ha)

Comment

Seems the only person who's feeling got hurt here were yours when you got called out for your troll post.

Comment

• I suppose going with “Napoleon Rogers” in one’s opening sentence does present a certain tone.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

I guess someone coming in and doing a drive by every now and then reminds the rest of us how good we really have it.
                      Well, I could be in the minority, but I don't think rainbows and unicorns when I ponder the Jacks. Rather, it's razor sharp foreclaws and cur-ripping teefers

Comment

• WR Finn Hogan, 6’4 215 from Central Michigan has signed with Bowling Green. Had offers from WIU, Towson, and IWU in addition to us.
                        Last edited by SteelSD; 05-11-2023, 06:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                          WR Finn Hogan, 6’4 215 from Central Michigan has signed with Bowling Green. Had offers from WIU, Towson, and IWU I’m addition to us.
                          DEFINITELY not saying or even pretending that i know something

But, i can imagine a conversation something like we have one scholarship spot for a WR and we have you and one (or whatever number of guys they liked close to equally) other that we think would be GREAT fit for our program. we are offering you first and if you take it then that is that. we understand you have some other opportunities and if you still want to explore those

we will go ahead and offer the other fella also. at that point it will be a matter of one of you making a decision first. we know you have a great 3 years ahead of you and we want that to be in blue and yellow!! but it is just too late in the game to sit on our hands so we expect you to take as much time as you need to make the best decision for you!!! and you can understand we also have to do our best to surround the guys have already committed to us to surround them with the best teammates possible

something like that anyway. and when Ervin committed that was the end of the line for Hogan

that is my guess, but what do i know?? not much so maybe we had openings for both guys??

Comment

DEFINITELY not saying or even pretending that i know something

But, i can imagine a conversation something like we have one scholarship spot for a WR and we have you and one (or whatever number of guys they liked close to equally) other that we think would be GREAT fit for our program. we are offering you first and if you take it then that is that. we understand you have some other opportunities and if you still want to explore those

we will go ahead and offer the other fella also. at that point it will be a matter of one of you making a decision first. we know you have a great 3 years ahead of you and we want that to be in blue and yellow!! but it is just too late in the game to sit on our hands so we expect you to take as much time as you need to make the best decision for you!!! and you can understand we also have to do our best to surround the guys have already committed to us to surround them with the best teammates possible

something like that anyway. and when Ervin committed that was the end of the line for Hogan

that is my guess, but what do i know?? not much so maybe we had openings for both guys??
                            I understand exactly where you are coming from. However, JI seems to believe we were in the market for multiple WRs. It may be more along the lines of an earlier post that these recruits see limited targets in the short term with both Jankes coming back.

http://twitter.com/JackIllustrated/s...61702098083842

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

I understand exactly where you are coming from. However, JI seems to believe we were in the market for multiple WRs. It may be more along the lines of an earlier post that these recruits see limited targets in the short term with both Jankes coming back.

http://twitter.com/JackIllustrated/s...61702098083842
                              Agreed. It is very likely we will be a much more desirable location for WR's next year. We probably have serviceable depth now with Prejean, Wilde, Ervin, and Goehring. Supplementing these guys with another class of freshman and transfers next year will likely be much more feasible since starting positions will be open to competition.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

Agreed. It is very likely we will be a much more desirable location for WR's next year. We probably have serviceable depth now with Prejean, Wilde, Ervin, and Goehring. Supplementing these guys with another class of freshman and transfers next year will likely be much more feasible since starting positions will be open to competition.
                                Add Devon Cole to this list. Sounded like a lot of people were impressed with him last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X