Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lujan or Christion?

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    At our level, how many stars next to a recruit's name isn't nearly as important as how many similar/higher level programs that have offered. Most of the kids in this area are either not rated by the major scouting services due to our population and if they are, their rating is based off a single scout's opinion. Multiple offers from programs that compete at the same or higher level means multiple people whose jobs depend on being able to identifying talent evaluated a recruit and said they were worth the financial investment.
    Does anyone remember who are highest ranked recruit was? Dijon Starr. How many downs did he play for us? Zero. I don't put a lot of stock in how many stars they get either.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
      Does anyone remember who are highest ranked recruit was? Dijon Starr. How many downs did he play for us? Zero. I don't put a lot of stock in how many stars they get either.
      Was he a 3 or a 4? Again we had Joe Martinson(3, I believe) too that didn't pan out. Also I think Trey Carr was a 3, he would've been great. Just didn't pan out for other reasons.

Point is we have had guys that didn't work out and PWO's that have stepped it up in the program. Ryan McKnight for example. A lot changes when an 18 year old gets to college. Body, mind and habits. Most dig in, study(hence tops in gpa), hit the training room and fill out body wise. Some fall off the wagon and wash out. Look at the number of FR compared to SR's. It is expected to lose guys. I think I heard Stig say that out of a recruiting class if they have 60% contribute that is a success. I think they do a great job of bringing young guys in and making them men. The improvements and hopefully continued success will only make it that much better to recruit. Look at the verbals for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
        TC is not even the highest recruit of this class. Mikey Daniel was ranked higher
        Daniel may not have been the best running back on his high school team.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          Daniel may not have been the best running back on his high school team.
          Who was better?

Comment

I believe he's referring to Gerald Maxwell(I tend to agree with him).

Comment

Can't say I heard of George Maxwell

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                Can't say I heard of George Maxwell
                He's pretty good. Big kid that is a strong runner. Probably not as quick and twitchy as Mikey. I could see him as an OLB in college or a DII/NAIA big running back/fullback.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                  He's pretty good. Big kid that is a strong runner. Probably not as quick and twitchy as Mikey. I could see him as an OLB in college or a DII/NAIA big running back/fullback.
                  Agreed, he has a better chance on D than RB at this level.

Comment

Gerald was actually in the one of the first classes I ever taught as a student teacher in Brookings. Really nice kid and a hard worker. I'm glad he's finding athletic success as well.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                      Idk but Mikey Daniel is a 3 star and TC is a 2 star and Mikey was #2 ranked recruit from SD while TC was #4. Mikey also had the best offer with Army
                      Sorry but an offer from Army isn't really a football offer. No one pays to go to Army and anyone wanting to play football can (same with Air Force and navy)

Comment

In reference to the thread topic.... Christion.

He took a few sacks he shouldn't have and had some errant throws. YSU is a very good D and he settled in and played good turnover free FB.

Comment

I would have taken the Byrd kid over Daniel any day. He was little, but that kid was fast.
                          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

True Frosh for me....and I was in the other camp before today.
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I'm waiting for the coaches to really give Taryn a chance to throw the ball. He only had 14 pass attempts on the day. Our best offensive weapon is not being utilized.
                              "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                                I'm waiting for the coaches to really give Taryn a chance to throw the ball. He only had 14 pass attempts on the day. Our best offensive weapon is not being utilized.
                                Im curious how long of leash he had today. Is passing numbers werent all that good. Is he having trouble with his progressions, was it YSUs D, or was it the coaches? Likely a combo of the three.

He has lots of talent but Im concerned with a true frosh at QB. Inevitably there will be growing pains.

Ultimately, I'm glad its not my decision to make. I think we likely have two capable guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X