Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lujan or Christion?

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Im curious how long of leash he had today. Is passing numbers werent all that good. Is he having trouble with his progressions, was it YSUs D, or was it the coaches? Likely a combo of the three.

He has lots of talent but Im concerned with a true frosh at QB. Inevitably there will be growing pains.

Ultimately, I'm glad its not my decision to make. I think we likely have two capable guys.
    That's my concern as well. If we get behind or need to throw. Expect lujan for sure. Tc throws a nice ball but that experience is going to come in handy for lujan to still see the field. Since tc took over the wizard has not been used at all. I haven't been able to tell if the Ds are aiming more for him more.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      Im curious how long of leash he had today. Is passing numbers werent all that good. Is he having trouble with his progressions, was it YSUs D, or was it the coaches? Likely a combo of the three.

He has lots of talent but Im concerned with a true frosh at QB. Inevitably there will be growing pains.

Ultimately, I'm glad its not my decision to make. I think we likely have two capable guys.
      I think it was the D yesterday, particularly the d-line. Someone said that they had the #1 rated pass defense in the FCS. With the pressure that was put on, I think Lujan would have been worse, to be honest.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

He had zero time to throw yesterday. It was not a case of holding onto the ball too long, unless .5 seconds is too long. The O Line pass blocking was not good, besides the fact YSU blitzed all day. Lujan would have ended up in the same shape by the end of the game as he did against the Bizun.

That 70 yd TD run said it all. He brings to the table an element Lujan does not. Lujan is a good quarterback. I'm happy he's our backup. This team is currently poised to go get a seed, and #1 is the guy to lead them there.

Comment

Lujan or Christion?

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          I think it was the D yesterday, particularly the d-line. Someone said that they had the #1 rated pass defense in the FCS. With the pressure that was put on, I think Lujan would have been worse, to be honest.
          I did hear a lot of people warning about the stout YSU defense last week. Now that we put up 38 points on them it's hard to fault TC for not passing for 300 yds and 3 TD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

BUT it was the ysu offense failure that meant we wore out that vaulted defense. YSU didn't come prepared. They looked, against SDSU, like we looked against ndsu. Here'so hoping that ysu and sdsu both win out.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              That's my concern as well. If we get behind or need to throw. Expect lujan for sure. Tc throws a nice ball but that experience is going to come in handy for lujan to still see the field. Since tc took over the wizard has not been used at all. I haven't been able to tell if the Ds are aiming more for him more.
              Oh please. TC will do just fine if our line can hold a block in pass protection. The NDSU game showed everyone that you can beat Wieneke by doing one thing... Not covering him really well, not double teaming him... But by blitzing on every play. They sold out trying to stop our passing game, and it worked. Thankfully our coaches saw that and adjusted the game plan. Thankfully we have a good dual threat qb who can make that adjustment. Wieneke is a guy that needs some time for routes to develop. Did you see our pass plays yesterday? There was barely time for a slant pattern to develop. As someone else said, if Lujan is in that game, it's much closer. We would have been reduced to the old simple hand offs that everyone knows how to stop. Our coaches and line will figure out blitz pick ups, TC will get time to throw, and guys like you will be sitting there grinning from ear to ear, eating your words about benching TC for Lujan if we "get behind or need to throw".

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                Oh please. TC will do just fine if our line can hold a block in pass protection. The NDSU game showed everyone that you can beat Wieneke by doing one thing... Not covering him really well, not double teaming him... But by blitzing on every play. They sold out trying to stop our passing game, and it worked. Thankfully our coaches saw that and adjusted the game plan. Thankfully we have a good dual threat qb who can make that adjustment. Wieneke is a guy that needs some time for routes to develop. Did you see our pass plays yesterday? There was barely time for a slant pattern to develop. As someone else said, if Lujan is in that game, it's much closer. We would have been reduced to the old simple hand offs that everyone knows how to stop. Our coaches and line will figure out blitz pick ups, TC will get time to throw, and guys like you will be sitting there grinning from ear to ear, eating your words about benching TC for Lujan if we "get behind or need to throw".
                And if tc struggles to pass 40 times agame are you going to admit it or just make excuses for the guy. Call me crazy but experience counts in my book. I sure hope TC does great. I will trust the coaches to make the right choices.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

And if tc struggles to pass 40 times agame are you going to admit it or just make excuses for the guy. Call me crazy but experience counts in my book. I sure hope TC does great. I will trust the coaches to make the right choices.
                  Lujan has 11 starts. It's not like he's a 5th year senior with 45+ starts. TC is obviously our best option going forward. Our offense is so much more dynamic with him in there

Comment

It's obvious that TC is the best option but i'm afraid that Stig will still start Lujan when he's healthy. I'm already getting upset about it.

Comment

• Re: Lujan or Christion?

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                      It's obvious that TC is the best option but i'm afraid that Stig will still start Lujan when he's healthy. I'm already getting upset about it.
                      I'm rite there with ya!

Comment

Youngstown has great pass rushers and a very good pass defense.
                        So we ran the ball, fairly successfully with Paris and Christion.
                        He can throw the ball.

Comment

I personally think TC should start from here on out regardless of Lujans status. He just makes the offense that much more dynamic.

Comment

I personally love what I have seen from TC, my only concern is his throwing ability. I'm not saying I don't think he can throw, we just haven't seen it yet through two games. I understand that the YSU d-line was on TC before you can say Yotes beat Bison, but I'm waiting for the coaches to let TC loose with his arm and feet. Until then I won't be 100% sold on TC this year. I'm starting TC over Lujan right now, let's see what his arm can do.
                            "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                              I don't know that Lujan wasn't healthy on Saturday. I believe they said he's available, which would lead me to think that he was healthy enough to play, and they chose to leave him as the backup. I think they will roll with TC. If not, I feel bad for Lujan, because fans will be calling for TC with every mistake he makes. It really wouldn't be fair for him.

Comment

If he struggles to pass the ball, I'll be very surprised, but I'll certainly admit I was wrong. Have you seen some of the throws he's made so far? A couple of them were balls that Lujan would have had no chance to complete. Lujan's best ability as a passer was lofting it up and hoping his receiver was able to go get it. Which worked for him, but TC is a more talented passer.

Comment

Working...
                                X