Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lujan or Christion?

Originally posted by goon View Post
    apples to oranges, but last year against YSU I think Lujan had over 300 yards passing. not 100% sure on it though.
    Few points on that

Last year

Did we win?

Any Int's?

Were we ahead the whole game?

This years game

Was ZZ in the backfield?

How about Schneider opposite a healthy Weineke?

Again all arguing points for all, I am truly happy there are 2 capable QB's.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
      Few points on that

Last year

Did we win?

Any Int's?

Were we ahead the whole game?

This years game

Was ZZ in the backfield?

How about Schneider opposite a healthy Weineke?

Again all arguing points for all, I am truly happy there are 2 capable QB's.
      I will do my best to answer.
      No,
      No.
      no.

zenner had 119 yards, lujan had 15 yards, but was sacked 6 times. had 329 yards passing. D didnt do as well on the run. basically it was close, just we gave up a score before halftime and somehow couldnt get back in front in the 2nd half. The wizard had an amazing game though. Schnieder was out for the game with injury if i recall.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I will do my best to answer.
        No,
        No.
        no.

zenner had 119 yards, lujan had 15 yards, but was sacked 6 times. had 329 yards passing. D didnt do as well on the run. basically it was close, just we gave up a score before halftime and somehow couldnt get back in front in the 2nd half. The wizard had an amazing game though. Schnieder was out for the game with injury if i recall.

I only brought it up to further illustrate your apples to oranges. 2 different games with different teams. I don't think YSU was a ranked team with a top ranked pass D.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
          I only brought it up to further illustrate your apples to oranges. 2 different games with different teams. I don't think YSU was a ranked team with a top ranked pass D.
          thats why its not apples to apples, but same team with many of the same players. They were ranked top 20 and Rivers their best defender was still there. Obviously their D was good enough to get 6 sacks last year. Though some would argue because Lujan cant run. Even though he still had positive rushing yards in the game.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Q&A between Zimmer and the UNI beat writer. Sounds like they are pretty banged up.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/mat...9flJnrDEJo9JMX
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Are you serious he makes bad decisions? I would say thats one of his strengths. He puts the ball where his reciever has a play on it and if he misses them rarely is it in worry of INT. He stands in the pocket keeps his feet moving so he can make a throw. unless its NDSU rushing thru every play, Lujan does really well keeping the play alive. He can scramble enough if needed too when flushed from the pocket. TC has made some throws, but also tucks it when its not there and takes off running.

Maybe I am watching 2 different QBs then everyone else on the board. but Lujan has played really really well, as has TC. but in 4 games, 1 was FBS and 1 NDSU Lujan has 9 TD and avg over 310 yards agame. And people want to take him off the field just like that. His numbers, production, leadership are all top notch and TC seems to have a lot of those positives also.

I think the best we have had since being D-1 is Berry one year avg about 260 yards agame.

I know stats dont mean much to some on here, but the only weak team Lujan had was RMU, both them and SUU were respectible by every measure. Obviously not MVFC good, but still pretty good non con teams.
              Wow just don't see what you see. I think you are on a island with some of your perceptions of Lujan. I'm glad we have him, but don't see his as the answer as starting quarterback or getting majority of reps.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                Wow just don't see what you see. I think you are on a island with some of your perceptions of Lujan. I'm glad we have him, but don't see his as the answer as starting quarterback or getting majority of reps.
                Maybe I am in the minority but I have a hard time going way from experience who can pass for over 300 yards agame consistantly. if 4 games he is avg over 300 yards, 9 TD and only 2 int. He has several games over 300 yards in his career here. In the NDSU loss he was clearly our best player. taking heat from every direction but sticking it out to give the WR a chance. When the Line and RBs cant block and WRs dropping easy catches, not much else you can do.

Comment

Maybe I am in the minority but I have a hard time going way from experience who can pass for over 300 yards agame consistantly. if 4 games he is avg over 300 yards, 9 TD and only 2 int. He has several games over 300 yards in his career here. In the NDSU loss he was clearly our best player. taking heat from every direction but sticking it out to give the WR a chance. When the Line and RBs cant block and WRs dropping easy catches, not much else you can do.
                  Experience of like ... 10 extra games?

"When the Line and RBs cant block and WRs dropping easy catches, not much else you can do"

Yes, yes there is. You run. When nothing else is working, the QB can run. TC can, Lujan can't.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I feel like we're beating a dead horse here, I think we all agree we're fortunate to have 2 good QB's.

You just cannot go off the theory that Lujan is the better passer based on either of their bodies of work this year. The teams Lujan faced are ranked 25, 42, and 50 in FCS and KS is 121 in FBS. TC has faced #1 and 99. 99 was his first start and we can hopefully agree that 220+ Yds passing is pretty good for a true FR in his first game plus the additional 99yds he brought on the ground helped.

Again the only edge I see goes to Lujan in comprehension of the offense which in turn may help him reach his 3rd read better(then again he is not a runner, what choice does he have?). TC can make all the throws and if given time will get to his 3rd read eventually. Can't blame him for taking off though. I'd think there's a difference in their play books too. A few more passing plays with Lujan compared to a bevy of read option and QB draws/designed runs.

Thankful to have quality QB's, a stable of RB's that produce, an all American WR and a stingy D. This year is turning out far better than I expected.
                    Last edited by Jackedforlife; 10-21-2015, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Yeah,it's become clear that Ol' Goon is prepared to die on that hill.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                        Yeah,it's become clear that Ol' Goon is prepared to die on that hill.

darn right, and stay off my lawn...grumble grumble grlumble.

Comment

WOW, something tells me I should be very happy I have never read one post of the 21 pages on here.

Sorry for the thread jack...Carry on.

Comment

I am somewhere between the island and the mainland. 310 yards a game, 9 TD's, 2 INT's is very tough to argue against. I thought TC looked very good against ISU-blue, and a little shaky against YSU. Personally, I believe Lujan is a much better passer. The part that I am torn on is, TC is a heck of an athlete and I really don't know who gives us the better chance to win.

This reminds me of the 49ers QB debacle of a few years ago. For about a 20 game stretch, Alex Smith had incredible stats like Lujan's but he got hurt, and in came this duel threat guy named Colin Kaepernick that nobody could stop for a few years. Now I am not comparing Lujan to Alex Smith and I'm not comparing TC to Kaep. Just a similar situation.

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
                              I am somewhere between the island and the mainland. 310 yards a game, 9 TD's, 2 INT's is very tough to argue against. I thought TC looked very good against ISU-blue, and a little shaky against YSU. Personally, I believe Lujan is a much better passer. The part that I am torn on is, TC is a heck of an athlete and I really don't know who gives us the better chance to win.

This reminds me of the 49ers QB debacle of a few years ago. For about a 20 game stretch, Alex Smith had incredible stats like Lujan's but he got hurt, and in came this duel threat guy named Colin Kaepernick that nobody could stop for a few years. Now I am not comparing Lujan to Alex Smith and I'm not comparing TC to Kaep. Just a similar situation.
                              I think this is what people that aren't all-in on TC are coming from. We have a known in Lujan and he's nearly equal to Sumner in almost every metric used to measure a QB.

How anyone here can say in absolute that TC should start is beyond me. Right now for the most part TC is potential and hype. He's still got an awful lot to prove.

Im guessing the QB battle in practice isnt so cut and dried either otherwise there wouldnt be this two QB talk.

Comment

https://media.giphy.com/media/ILxcihLyWI0A8/giphy.gif

This thread is getting awfully boring.

Comment

Working...
                                X