Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lujan or Christion?

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
    I am somewhere between the island and the mainland. 310 yards a game, 9 TD's, 2 INT's is very tough to argue against. I thought TC looked very good against ISU-blue, and a little shaky against YSU. Personally, I believe Lujan is a much better passer. The part that I am torn on is, TC is a heck of an athlete and I really don't know who gives us the better chance to win.

This reminds me of the 49ers QB debacle of a few years ago. For about a 20 game stretch, Alex Smith had incredible stats like Lujan's but he got hurt, and in came this duel threat guy named Colin Kaepernick that nobody could stop for a few years. Now I am not comparing Lujan to Alex Smith and I'm not comparing TC to Kaep. Just a similar situation.
    The bold is what matters. I believe the coaches will go with whatever option or combination they feel gives us the best chance to win. The fact that they pulled TC's redshirt in the first place backs up their philosophy of 1-0 and win now.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
      I am somewhere between the island and the mainland. 310 yards a game, 9 TD's, 2 INT's is very tough to argue against. I thought TC looked very good against ISU-blue, and a little shaky against YSU. Personally, I believe Lujan is a much better passer. The part that I am torn on is, TC is a heck of an athlete and I really don't know who gives us the better chance to win.

This reminds me of the 49ers QB debacle of a few years ago. For about a 20 game stretch, Alex Smith had incredible stats like Lujan's but he got hurt, and in came this duel threat guy named Colin Kaepernick that nobody could stop for a few years. Now I am not comparing Lujan to Alex Smith and I'm not comparing TC to Kaep. Just a similar situation.
      No Daunte Culpepper comment Montana?

Comment

For anyone questioning TC's passing or ability to run the offense as a freshman, watch from 10:57 to 12:14. He shows his arm strength, then checks out of a run play and into a pass play and makes a nice read for the TD. Just listen to the way Stig talks about him.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
          For anyone questioning TC's passing or ability to run the offense as a freshman, watch from 10:57 to 12:14. He shows his arm strength, then checks out of a run play and into a pass play and makes a nice read for the TD. Just listen to the way Stig talks about him.
          Thats the major upside of TC in the passing game. He can make all the throws, don't kid yourselves that matters. As he progresses in the offense the passes will come out quicker and in tighter windows. That's when the D will play off and their backs to him and the draws will be there, for him and the RB's.

I am in no way wanting Lujan to fail though, I hope when he comes back he continues his success. I just think at some point the passing product TC puts out will outshine Zach.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            https://media.giphy.com/media/ILxcihLyWI0A8/giphy.gif

This thread is getting awfully boring.
            http://dl5.glitter-graphics.net/pub/...ie5zttjn21.gif

Comment

Taryn is a cooler first name than Zach. Taryn starts.
              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                Solid argument.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                  We've had pretty good luck with guys named Zach, though.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I noticed that too.

Part of me thinks that the checked TD play would have been very routine for Lujan (maybe even Douglas), but because it was done by TC Stig was impressed. And it is impressive for a freshman to make that play. If Lujan makes that play, the fact that it was a check down probably doesn't even get mentioned. Another thing I found interesting was the fact that TC had a throw that he didn't step into during the recap as well. That mistake could lead to an interception under different circumstances.

These are all likely things the coaching staff looks at when they grade players' performances. And according to those grades Lujan and TC are neck and neck. Win now, 1-0 this week.

Anyway, not really disagreeing with what you said, I think TC is and will be fantastic.
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Again, not disagreeing, but TC also did not have the presence of mind to pass with 12 seconds left in the half against ISUb.

TC will be great and is the future of the program, but there are unquestionable drawbacks to playing a freshman at QB. Do the benefits outweigh those drawbacks? That's for the coaches to decide.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                        Again, not disagreeing, but TC also did not have the presence of mind to pass with 12 seconds left in the half against ISUb.

TC will be great and is the future of the program, but there are unquestionable drawbacks to playing a freshman at QB. Do the benefits outweigh those drawbacks? That's for the coaches to decide.
                        And for us to discuss!

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                          Do the benefits outweigh those drawbacks?
                          Yes.

Comment

Yes.
                            I just knew one day would not pass with out some dialogue on this thread. Its got to the point where if we got a healty QB, that is good enough for me. I don't care if its the holder No 11, who gets the nod.

Comment

. I don't care if its the holder No 11, who gets the nod.
                              That may be taking it a bit too far! haha But I do here that Tyler is a phenomenal guy. Zimmer had a good write up about him at the start of the year.
                              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I just knew one day would not pass with out some dialogue on this thread. Its got to the point where if we got a healty QB, that is good enough for me. I don't care if its the holder No 11, who gets the nod.
                                I should find Goon tomorrow during tailgating and we will indian leg wrestle to determine it. If I win, TC starts, if Goon wins, Lujan starts. We should do it early enough so the coaches have time to set the offensive plan accordingly. Let the wagering begin. (insider info: I have thighs like tree trunks)

Comment

Working...
                                X