Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lujan or Christion?

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    I can see this happening, unfortunately. It will cost us a loss to get TC back in, which is ridiculous. Think about the ramifications of starting Lujan for the rest of the year. There's no way they sit a senior next year, so then we potentially lose pretty much 2 whole seasons of one of our most highly recruited QBs in SDSU history. I'll still be an SDSU fan through it all, but I would be so frustrated if this happens.
    Devils advocate here, but TC could redshirt next year, as a true Sophomore, if Lujan wins the spot (or is given the spot back) and doesn't get injured next year as a senior...I could see it happening. He'd still have three years after Lujan graduates.
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
      Devils advocate here, but TC could redshirt next year, as a true Sophomore, if Lujan wins the spot (or is given the spot back) and doesn't get injured next year as a senior...I could see it happening. He'd still have three years after Lujan graduates.
      Good point, I honestly hadn't considered this, but my worry is that if Lujan gets injured, they'll likely pull his red shirt again. Then at that point, you're not going to ever red shirt him. I still think the best long term solution is to roll with TC, and have a very good backup in Lujan for the next year and a half.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
        Dont think that's possible. He has already had his redshirt. You only get 1. Injury or hardship would be the only way to get a second 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
          Dont think that's possible. He has already had his redshirt. You only get 1. Injury or hardship would be the only way to get a second 1.
          Its possible. He hasn't had his redshirt yet. He has 4 years of playing eligibility and 1 year of redshirt eligibility while in college. This year is 1 of his 4 years of playing eligibility.

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
            Its possible. He hasn't had his redshirt yet. He has 4 years of playing eligibility and 1 year of redshirt eligibility while in college. This year is 1 of his 4 years of playing eligibility.
            Do we have a redshirt rule expert in the house? Its getting complicated for me.

Comment

He hasn't had his redshirt. He's a true freshman and his redshirt was burned this year when he played against Indiana State. Doesn't mean he can't use it later as it's the 4 in 5 rule, meaning he has 5 years to play 4.

Comment

I shudder at the thought of that happening but if it did I think this situation would be solved..........wouldn't surprise me for TC to say "see ya later".
                Debate/speculate all you want about who should be playing QB,but do we really need to go down this path ? All it takes is one person to read this and go out and have a few beers with his buddies and say "Yeah,I heard that if TC doesn't start,he's gonna leave" and you have rumors floating out there that wouldn't be good for anyone involved. I have no idea what TC thinks,and I seriously doubt that you do either.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  Debate/speculate all you want about who should be playing QB,but do we really need to go down this path ? All it takes is one person to read this and go out and have a few beers with his buddies and say "Yeah,I heard that if TC doesn't start,he's gonna leave" and you have rumors floating out there that wouldn't be good for anyone involved. I have no idea what TC thinks,and I seriously doubt that you do either.
                  This might be considered at least a 4 star response.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

TC will not redshirt. End of story

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                      TC will not redshirt. End of story
                      Not even question, I feel this will play out the way most of us feel it should. I really like Lujan but regardless of his highest QB rating there are a few things to remember. Last year he had a veteran WR that helped mentor and draw coverage from our rookie sensation. No one has filled that void plus now we know Jake isn't 100%. He had an all world RB that defenses keyed on first.

What about his magic this year you say? He played excellently against a horrible FBS team and some other FCS schools that would be cellar dwellers in the MVFC. He hung tough in a game where he was battered every play. Honestly Peyton manning couldn't have saved us that game. So props to Zach there. All in all teams are keying on Jake and weren't/aren't prepared to take on TC. Each week TC learns and improves, other WR's improve and new wrinkles are added. Growing pains? Yes we've seen them but some are play calls that shouldn't have been made. If the D continues their aggressive and dominant style we can afford a few growing pains from TC.

Plain and simple, TC hasn't even scratched the surface of his potential and he's arguably the best QB on the team. He will not redshirt.

Comment

Matt Zimmer ‏@argusmattz 2m2 minutes ago
                        Jacks coach John Stiegelmeier: "Once (Zach) Lujan is healthy we'll do something we haven't done here and play two quarterbacks."

Tweet from Zimmer just now.
                        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                          No one has filled that void plus now we know Jake isn't 100%.
                          Did miss something or forget something? Jake isn't 100%?

Comment

I sure hope the coaches know as much as all the experts on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                              Did miss something or forget something? Jake isn't 100%?
                              Stig said this on his radio show last night.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                Stig said this on his radio show last night.
                                Thanks just read back to your post from yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                                X