Eastern Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eastern Washington

If I played on turf, I would rather play on a red turf like EWU or a blue turf like BSU than plain old green. It is unique and I think it would be fun playing on that turf
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

It looks like elevation shouldn't be a problem this weekend. Coach said on his radio show that Zach Zenner was one of the players most affected by the elevation so hopefully he will have a better game this week. Last year people forget that the 295 yards he had against EIU was in 3 quarters of work, and it looks like it is going to be in the low teens for gaetome according to weather.com our fat guys shouldn't over heat. Hopefully the cold weather will help slow down their passing attack.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        Yes. In 2011, #1 ranked EWU, the defending FCS champs, were mistreated to the tune of 30-17 by Ed Meierkort's Coyotes. Meierkort's teams defended the DakotaDome very well during his tenure.
        Apparently Vernon Adams had not arrived yet. I am worried about this guy. I fear giving up some big plays unless Kilgore can come through with a few sacks.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
          If I played on turf, I would rather play on a red turf like EWU or a blue turf like BSU than plain old green. It is unique and I think it would be fun playing on that turf
          Sure you would, in a neon green uniform with pink socks and butterfly wings. Tougher question but along you line of logic: If you were a hot dog and you were starving.........would you eat yourself?

I find it laughable that a recruit might choose a program based on the color of the turf or the type of uniform. I'm not saying they don't I'm just saying I find that laughable.

If the Jackrabbits play the way they have been the last 2 weeks they will have a chance to win this game. If EWU also plays their best its likely the home team will find a way to get the W. EWU has been of for a week, SDSU has a lot of momentum, defense is clearly an advantage for SDSU. Jacks cannot match them in the passing game, no way. However, don't need to. Control LOS, run the ball and win the turnover battle = moving on to the next round. Unless, of course, some huge special teams play occurs.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            If you were a hot dog and you were starving.........would you eat yourself?
            I'd smother myself in brown mustard and relish and eat myself right up! I'd be delicious!

Comment

Sure you would, in a neon green uniform with pink socks and butterfly wings. Tougher question but along you line of logic: If you were a hot dog and you were starving.........would you eat yourself?

I find it laughable that a recruit might choose a program based on the color of the turf or the type of uniform. I'm not saying they don't I'm just saying I find that laughable.

If the Jackrabbits play the way they have been the last 2 weeks they will have a chance to win this game. If EWU also plays their best its likely the home team will find a way to get the W. EWU has been of for a week, SDSU has a lot of momentum, defense is clearly an advantage for SDSU. Jacks cannot match them in the passing game, no way. However, don't need to. Control LOS, run the ball and win the turnover battle = moving on to the next round. Unless, of course, some huge special teams play occurs.
              Hah, I see those undertones you made in your first sentence. Also, the hot dog question does not apply to my logic at all. I equate uniforms and "turf" styles to choosing between which clothes to buy based on their style, colors, brand, and how unique they are. Outside of the Midwest, much less South Dakota, style is much more apart of pop culture.

If a recruit is choosing between two schools who are neck why wouldn't they chose a school whose uniforms are nice
              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Agree - ESPECIALLY about the turf color. Wow.

Comment

It actually hurts my eyes to look at that red turf.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    I'd smother myself in brown mustard and relish and eat myself right up! I'd be delicious!
                    http://<iframe width="640" height="3...lt;/iframe>
                    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

• Re: Eastern Washington

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                        It actually hurts my eyes to look at that red turf.
                        Yeah. I suggest everyone eat the maximum allowable tylenol before you attempt to watch this game. You can count on acquiring a headache.
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I miss Harry Carey. I had forgotten about this skit.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                            The only reason a player should notice the color of the turf would be if his face is constantly buried in it , in which case you probably wouldn't want him on your team anyway.

Comment

I wonder if the positive effect that red turf supposedly has on recruiting offsets the harm done by others across the nation who ridicule the colored turf.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                                And why would the coach say it or tell you any differently (I would expect coaches to say that)? Huge recruiting advantage? Really?
                                Really!!

Comment

Working...
                                X