Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ndsu GDT

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    The school that decides to make him their coach will pay that out. He's probably going to only leave if he's getting at least a million so $300k won't mean much.
    I guess that the other side of the coin. I did find the link and its posted above.

Comment

That's a great read. Thanks for posting Nidaros.

Thinking about it, Minnesota is a real possibility. Jerry Kill's seizures are not slowing down, and it has to be taking a toll on his family and the University.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        My fault. I should have written "Logic fail."

Apologies.
        It's not really logic at all. If you call somebody great it puts you in the class of other great qbs. When you are a champion, you are compared to other champions, when you are great, you are compared to other greats
        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
          It's not really logic at all. If you call somebody great it puts you in the class of other great qbs. When you are a champion, you are compared to other champions, when you are great, you are compared to other greats
          Like Jensen, who is not only great, but a champion as well. I'm glad we finally agree.

Comment

Jensen is very good, IMO. I can see how others would call him great though.

In my mind, he is like a really good PG at Kansas who plays with 2 All Americans. He scores 11 PPG, has 4 APG, 1 turnover a night, and shoots 90% from the line. He is crucial to the success of the team, but the real reason for success is the parts around him. This PG doesn't screw up, comes through with clutch free throws, and is a leader. Over the course of a 4 year career with conference tournaments and NCAA tournaments, he piles up some really impressive numbers. Most/all teams would love to have him. But it wouldn't be a knock to hold back on the "great" talk.

Jensen has never even been first team All Conference or any kind of All American. He has never had a 260+ yard passing game.

Again, just my opinion that doesn't matter.
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
              That's a great read. Thanks for posting Nidaros.

Thinking about it, Minnesota is a real possibility. Jerry Kill's seizures are not slowing down, and it has to be taking a toll on his family and the University.
              IF Coach Bohl goes anywhere the U of M would NOT be on that list. That program isn't in shambles but....

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
                Has anyone heard if Chase Douglas is alright? He came out in the fourth quarter limping out and I didn't see him back in. The bison seemed to really run the ball after he left.
                He did return to the sideline...I saw him come out of the Dykhouse later in the fourth.
                I think I remember seeing him go back out on the field, but I can't say that with certainty.

He WAS however, doing some jogging...accelerating in front of the training staff along the sideline. Whatever it was...I'm thinking it was minor, if he was doing this.

Comment

Coach Stig said one guy had deep bruise,one guy had a broken hand ,one guy with knee injury,that has to be evaluated,he's concerned about that,on the post game interview

Comment

Wow! Three pages dedicated to whether or not Brock Jensen is or isn't a great QB, or a good one, or whatever the h-e-double-hockey-sticks. I didn't expect to see their domination take over on here also. Oh, well.

My $.02 from the game.

1. Hats off to the Bison. As Dennis Green said, "They are who we thought they were. Go ahead and crown their asses". Didn't see anything that surprised me other than we didn't seem to throw any wrinkles into playbook to combat their defensive superiority. Hats off to the passion that their fan base possesses. They bring it at home and on the road. We have a long way to go but WE ARE GETTING BETTER. Let's keep it up.

2. The Jacks defense played their hearts out. I was very skeptical coming into the game based on the previous games. Whatever they did worked. Excellent effort and we will win a lot more games if that continues.

3. Special Teams is making too many mistakes. This is a recurring theme. Just no excuse for it. It is costing the team serious field position on both returns and coverages. This needs immediate attention.

4. Sumner has regressed a bit IMHO. I'm willing to give him a bit of a pass this week due to the strength of the Bison D. He needs to get rid of the ball quicker. Maybe I'm wrong but there were several downs that he either needs to get rid of it out of bounds or throw it and let his receivers make a play. It has to be second nature to know where that escape ball needs to be thrown. Yes, there were a few times he didn't have the option but several where he just held it too long. Taking a sack is a killer. He's got the ability and I have confidence he will get better. Austin has a tremendous arm.

5. I'm not hitting any panic buttons. Yes, we got thumped by the Bison. It is frustrating, disappointing, and you want to beat them in the worst way. Guess what? They are doing this to everyone right now. Accept it, move on, get better, and go win next week. We have a very good team and can still have a great year. I'd love another shot at the Bison but just hope it is in Frisco and not in Fargo. We put up 450+ yards on the Huskers and have performed well at times. The defense shored things up well this week and it will continue. Zenner will continue to be the best back in FCS.

Hobo Day is coming at a great time. Let's get behind the Jacks and put another huge crowd in the stands and make some noise. The playoffs are the goal and that is still right there for us to make happen.

Happy Hobo Week! GB! GB! GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

My two cents:

Regarding national anthem:

I was born on a base. Papa bear is a former Air Force officer, his dad was in the military, my cousin is a recent West Point grad, and have a classmate at the Naval Academy, Dad is the one who taught me the "home of the BISON" thing, and the others all are fine with it. In fact, when I was in the ROTC program at NDSU and we went to games as a group, we took part in it....so if you want to claim its disrespectful to the military, your argument holds absolutely no water.

I'd say celebrities singing it at games who try to put their own spin on the song are significantly more disrespectful than people changing out the word "brave" for "(insert nickname here)."

Regarding tailgating:

Bison fan left a present on one of the lightpoles in the parking lot opposite the Bio-something lab. Parking lot was also opposite an Animal Science building...that might not be descriptive enough considering what our two schools are known for..

Regarding Jacks offense:

Jacks line got manhandled. Expected them to do better. Can't really ask Zenner to create like Barry Sanders or something. Offense looked like it got more and more discouraged as the game went on. Can't blame 'em.

Regarding Jacks defense:

Played well...got worn out...Bison O helped them by shooting themselves in the foot a few times with penalties. Bison offense really asserted itself in the 4th quarter, nothing new there..

Regarding Jensen:

Solid quarterback. Definitely benefits from generally having great field position, a great offensive line, and a great running game. Situation reminds me a bit of early Ben Roethlisberger, not asked to do a whole lot...the difference is Ben has proven he can win a game on his own, not sure Brock could do that...but when we have needed the offense to score late in games, the offense has gotten it done and Brock has done his part in that(game winning drive against Ga Southern, The Drive against K-State).

I am not as high on him as some Bison fans, nor as low as some. I don't think he is the best quarterback to ever come through Fargo, but he hasn't had to be either.

Regarding punt return callback:

Stupidly blatant block in the back...honestly, I think if he doesn't do that, Dudzik still has a pretty decent shot at taking it back for 6, or at the very least probably still has a good return into Jacks territory...not that it mattered, Bison scored on that drive anyway, no?

Conference Implications:

Jacks will probably need to play better to beat UNI...NDSU offense will need to probably play better against UNI too....can't expect to be winning when you only have 7 going into the final quarter.
                      North Dakota State University
                      11 Time National Champions
                      '65, '68, '69, '83, '85, '86, '88, '90, '11, '12, '13

http://i.imgur.com/LwCVRnd.gif

Comment

Originally posted by 344Johnson View Post
                        My two cents:

I was born on a base. Papa bear is a former Air Force officer, his dad was in the military, my cousin is a recent West Point grad, and have a classmate at the Naval Academy, Dad is the one who taught me the "home of the BISON" thing, and the others all are fine with it. In fact, when I was in the ROTC program at NDSU and we went to games as a group, we took part in it....so if you want to claim its disrespectful to the military, your argument holds absolutely no water.
                        That's BS. I have a military Grandfather who would have jumped all over ASS for that comment.

Comment

My two cents:

I'd say celebrities singing it at games who try to put their own spin on the song are significantly more disrespectful than people changing out the word "brave" for "(insert nickname here)."

Regarding tailgating:

Bison fan left a present on one of the lightpoles in the parking lot opposite the Bio-something lab. Parking lot was also opposite an Animal Science building...that might not be descriptive enough considering what our two schools are known for..

Regarding Jacks offense:

Jacks line got manhandled. Expected them to do better. Can't really ask Zenner to create like Barry Sanders or something. Offense looked like it got more and more discouraged as the game went on. Can't blame 'em.

Regarding Jacks defense:

Played well...got worn out...Bison O helped them by shooting themselves in the foot a few times with penalties. Bison offense really asserted itself in the 4th quarter, nothing new there..

Regarding punt return callback:

Stupidly blatant block in the back...honestly, I think if he doesn't do that, Dudzik still has a pretty decent shot at taking it back for 6, or at the very least probably still has a good return into Jacks territory...not that it mattered, Bison scored on that drive anyway, no?

Conference Implications:

Jacks will probably need to play better to beat UNI...NDSU offense will need to probably play better against UNI too....can't expect to be winning when you only have 7 going into the final quarter.
                          I guess I'm old fashioned in that you can't compromise,swap out ,your loyalty from devotion to your country,to devotion to a sports team....maybe, if you think about it, this phenomenom of rationalizing doing the wrong thing to keep doing it might very well be a big part of why the country is as it is today.

Comment

My two cents:

You have successfully established that "Home of the Bison" is not offensive to the small segment of former military members who are Bison fans. Here is a similar argument: I have a black friend, so other black people shouldn't be offended when I'm racist.
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                              That's BS. I have a military Grandfather who would have jumped all over ASS for that comment.
                              Are you insinuating that I am BS'ing that this (relatively) large sample size of military personnel(past and present covering three generations, enlisted and officer) either take part or don't oppose the practice?
                              North Dakota State University
                              11 Time National Champions
                              '65, '68, '69, '83, '85, '86, '88, '90, '11, '12, '13

http://i.imgur.com/LwCVRnd.gif

Comment

The notion of supplanting Bison in the national anthem is a step from implanting Bison into prayer. The notion of elevating one self to this prank should stay in the bars and the tailgating. It seems funny to those who are involved in how great they see themselves, but it can cause nausea to those who believe it is a football game for entertainment. The Bison are a great team with a mini dynasty in progress, but I do not expect many songs to be recorded in their honor. Any losses this year will certainly be considered an upset. Meanwhile, we should encourage the Bison to keep the action on the field where their confidence makes sense.
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X