Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ndsu GDT

Originally posted by 344Johnson View Post
    Are you insinuating that I am BS'ing that this (relatively) large sample size of military personnel(past and present covering three generations, enlisted and officer) either take part or don't oppose the practice?
    Today I learned a handful of military folks who are also Bison fans constitutes a large sample size. LOL

“I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I think next time I will made SDSU Whine to bring to tailgate.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        Today I learned a handful of military folks who are also Bison fans constitutes a large sample size. LOL

If it was so offensive to the military and the United States then I imagine they would not take part regardless of their school affiliation...not to mention a handful? ROTC has significantly more than a handful...that alone constitutes 30-40 individuals.
        North Dakota State University
        11 Time National Champions
        '65, '68, '69, '83, '85, '86, '88, '90, '11, '12, '13

http://i.imgur.com/LwCVRnd.gif

Comment

Can we hurry up and play someone other than the Bison,so we don't have to discuss how great their QB is for a week after the games been played...I don't feel the need to feed their "insatiable" appetite for praise.
          Getting real tired of all the cartoons showing up as well.

Comment

We've covered Brock Jensen, home of the bison and on-field classlessness, lets see what else we can get in a pissing match about!

Bison fans, your line for the pissing match is over there ---->

Sorry the line is so long, we only brought six potties.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              Getting real tired of all the cartoons showing up as well.
              Dude, take a Midol.

Comment

Are you insinuating that I am BS'ing that this (relatively) large sample size of military personnel(past and present covering three generations, enlisted and officer) either take part or don't oppose the practice?
                You're right, my bad. In the mean time, please have the NDSU athletic dept. send out a Bison Flag to every sports arena in the US, so instead of flying an American flag we can stand at attention in front of a Bison Flag. All Hail the mighty Bison.

*We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Good win on Saturday. The Jacks got manhandled.

Comment

If it was so offensive to the military and the United States then I imagine they would not take part regardless of their school affiliation...not to mention a handful? ROTC has significantly more than a handful...that alone constitutes 30-40 individuals.
                  As I posted earlier, I am a combat vet. I find it disrespectful and tasteless. If we did it at SDSU, I would never partake and would ask those around me to use their damn brains and not do it either. But, as a free citizen, it is your right to do it.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                    As I posted earlier, I am a combat vet. I find it disrespectful and tasteless. If we did it at SDSU, I would never partake and would ask those around me to use their damn brains and not do it either. But, as a free citizen, it is your right to do it.
                    I will probably never agree with you on this subject, but I do thank you for your service to our country.

Comment

My two cents:

Regarding national anthem:

I was born on a base. Papa bear is a former Air Force officer, his dad was in the military, my cousin is a recent West Point grad, and have a classmate at the Naval Academy, Dad is the one who taught me the "home of the BISON" thing, and the others all are fine with it. In fact, when I was in the ROTC program at NDSU and we went to games as a group, we took part in it....so if you want to claim its disrespectful to the military, your argument holds absolutely no water.

I'd say celebrities singing it at games who try to put their own spin on the song are significantly more disrespectful than people changing out the word "brave" for "(insert nickname here)."

Regarding tailgating:

Bison fan left a present on one of the lightpoles in the parking lot opposite the Bio-something lab. Parking lot was also opposite an Animal Science building...that might not be descriptive enough considering what our two schools are known for..

Regarding Jacks offense:

Jacks line got manhandled. Expected them to do better. Can't really ask Zenner to create like Barry Sanders or something. Offense looked like it got more and more discouraged as the game went on. Can't blame 'em.

Regarding Jacks defense:

Played well...got worn out...Bison O helped them by shooting themselves in the foot a few times with penalties. Bison offense really asserted itself in the 4th quarter, nothing new there..

Regarding Jensen:

Solid quarterback. Definitely benefits from generally having great field position, a great offensive line, and a great running game. Situation reminds me a bit of early Ben Roethlisberger, not asked to do a whole lot...the difference is Ben has proven he can win a game on his own, not sure Brock could do that...but when we have needed the offense to score late in games, the offense has gotten it done and Brock has done his part in that(game winning drive against Ga Southern, The Drive against K-State).

I am not as high on him as some Bison fans, nor as low as some. I don't think he is the best quarterback to ever come through Fargo, but he hasn't had to be either.

Regarding punt return callback:

Stupidly blatant block in the back...honestly, I think if he doesn't do that, Dudzik still has a pretty decent shot at taking it back for 6, or at the very least probably still has a good return into Jacks territory...not that it mattered, Bison scored on that drive anyway, no?

Conference Implications:

Jacks will probably need to play better to beat UNI...NDSU offense will need to probably play better against UNI too....can't expect to be winning when you only have 7 going into the final quarter.
                      You don't think Jensen is great? You must be a jealous moron suffering from sour grapes.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                          Dude, take a Midol.
                          Your starting to make it look like your BV forums,all pictures ....your right though,i'll show more "respect for our guests who post here"...my bad...i was getting a little carried away (not smack section)

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                            It's not really logic at all.
                            That was my point . . .
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                              Your starting to make it look like your BV forums,
                              You're welcome.

Comment

BTW, I walked through the SDSU tailgate area right away to hand out my brew and everyone I met was very friendly. Had a good time and some good laughs. Glad to see the vast majority of you folks have a sense of humor, and that only a few have a stick up their _ _ _.

Comment

Working...
                                X