ndsu GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ndsu GDT

I attended the game and didn't read this thread until this morning. My two-cents worth:

...SDSU's special teams played better. I thought the overall performance was workmanlike and got the job done. Solid performance compared to prior games.
    ...SDSU's defense did a nice job and no one can expect a defense to stay on the field that long without seeing the players eventually wear down in the fourth quarter.
    ....NDSU showed it's a team capable of making potentially devastating mistakes (penalties, bad snaps, etc.) and we showed we couldn't capitalize on opponent's bad mistakes. Brings to mind the cliché about good teams find ways to win. Yesterday, they did; we didn't. Fortunately, the season is just middle-aged.

and

Brock Jensen is not a great quarterback. But he may be something more valuable in the college game: he exhibits qualities of a great, at times inspiring, leader. The guy is gritty and hangs in there to get the job done. I like that kind of greatness over statistical greatness. And in the end, his stats will look pretty good too but credit the guy's leadership.

Cruising around the region's games, I've noted Montana State crushed UND at Grand Forks, 63-20. JACKS FANS SHOULD KEEP IN MIND WE'RE NOT HAPPY ABOUT YESTERDAY'S GAME BUT OUR FOCUS IS ON CHAMPIONSHIPS. For a little perspective, think how far the UND program has fallen.

We gotta put this one behind us. The coaches have great game film to study when we prepare for NDSU in the playoffs. In the meantime, Southern Illinois comes to CAS after losing 28-27 in Carbondale. Look at the scoring by quarter in the that game: 1st: 7-7; 2nd, SIU 20, YSU 7; 3rd, 0-0-; 4th: YSU 14, SIU 0. Ouch.

Comment

[QUOTE=Theee Catrabbit;235912]
      Originally posted by TK22867 View Post

Well....I'm pretty sure my wife wishes I would tone it down.....and sometimes I agree.....I also feel if me and a few others weren't cheering.....no one would be.....that being said it was great crowd yesterday....except inexplicably the student section was so quiet....it was weird.....P.S. that gives you an idea of what section I am in......
      All the action the first quarter was on the north end, I'm in section L and my voice was gone with 3min left in 1st. Loved it.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
        Gotta agree with them on the anthem thing. Not even any sour grapes. Enjoyed your homebrew, thanks!
        Some of you guys have voiced your concern for a number of years. Some Bison don't like it as well. I really don't care. We live in a free country. I know a fair number of veterans who do it as well. We have an incredible fan base, and I am very proud of it... including our traditions that you guys don't like.

Most of your fans can't even support your team at home (Not directed at you Rowdy). And you (and any Jack) are welcome at my tailgate any game.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          If you think defacing the national anthem is ok to do I hold out little hope for those with that view point. Stay classy I guess.
          Like I said, enjoy those sour grapes...it is making quite a fine whine.

Comment

I love how some of you say Jensen is good, not great. Love it. Absolutely love it. Tell me more about it when we are all in the playoffs. Please.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
              I love how some of you say Jensen is good, not great. Love it. Absolutely love it. Tell me more about it when we are all in the playoffs. Please.
              Or when you leave your basement? Chill. You won. Life is calling.

Comment

Like I said, enjoy those sour grapes...it is making quite a fine whine.
                I don't like it,but I guess things happen that way. Dotodo

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                  Or when you leave your basement? Chill. You won. Life is calling.
                  Oh, is that the smack that is reserved for the smack forum?

Comment

Great like Tim Tebow great? Or Ken Dorsey great? The dude is an average passer and good runner. Get over yourselves.

Comment

Some of you guys have voiced your concern for a number of years. Some Bison don't like it as well. I really don't care. We live in a free country. I know a fair number of veterans who do it as well. We have an incredible fan base, and I am very proud of it... including our traditions that you guys don't like.

Most of your fans can't even support your team at home (Not directed at you Rowdy). And you (and any Jack) are welcome at my tailgate any game.
                      You are definitely entitled to do it. As a veteran who has served in combat, I find it offensive and tasteless. It's not sour grapes from me. you guys beat our ass. More specifically, your defense beat our O line like a drum all game long.
                      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                        Great like Tim Tebow great? Or Ken Dorsey great? The dude is an average passer and good runner. Get over yourselves.
                        Get over myself? Does it somehow make you feel better to say Jensen is only good? As far as college ball goes, Tim Tebow was great as well. Get rid of the hate, dude. It isn't like I've been running down any of your players or making light of their accomplishments. Think about it for a bit.

Comment

Oh, is that the smack that is reserved for the smack forum?
                          One can win graciously, or one can win obnoxiously. Mucking it up on a message board over mildly stated and eminently defensible opinions a day after you've won the game is one of the two above. You be the judge.

Comment

Agreed on the student section. The entire section only got loud a handful of times. The section shouldn't have to be egged on to get loud

Comment

Get over myself? Does it somehow make you feel better to say Jensen is only good? As far as college ball goes, Tim Tebow was great as well. Get rid of the hate, dude. It isn't like I've been running down any of your players or making light of their accomplishments. Think about it for a bit.
                              So we can't discuss a player? I'm sure many of your fans see ZZ as a non-threat, he definitely is because of your defense. For my part, I'm not making light of Jensen's accomplishments nor running him down. I just really think your defense is so good he just needs to be efficient, and he is very good at being efficient. Nothing wrong with being a good QB and winning championships (see Alabama). Can't argue with it. Next year we'll find out: Will NDSU be able to win a National Championship without Brock Jensen, the rest of your team will be pretty much intact. correct?
                              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

There were two Jacks who I loved the way they played on defense. R.C. Kilgore had an unbelievable game - 17 tackles . Not sure why he comes out on a lot of 2nd and 3rd down and long plays - he should not come off the field unless he is exhausted. And JeRyan Butler plays CB the way it should be played - get in the receiver's face right on the line of scrimmage. None of the 10 yard cushion stuff. One final comment on the Jensen talk. If Jensen and Sumner traded teams yesterday,who would have won the game? My money would still be on the Bison.

Comment

Working...
                                X