• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ndsu GDT

[QUOTE=Theee Catrabbit;235907]
    Originally posted by TK22867 View Post

Done deal.
    We do need louder, more boisterous fans like you. Hopefully it will rub off on those around you. We have a lot of work to do to catch up with those Bison fans!

Comment

[QUOTE=TK22867;235911]
      Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post

We do need louder, more boisterous fans like you. Hopefully it will rub off on those around you. We have a lot of work to do to catch up with those Bison fans!
      Well....I'm pretty sure my wife wishes I would tone it down.....and sometimes I agree.....I also feel if me and a few others weren't cheering.....no one would be.....that being said it was great crowd yesterday....except inexplicably the student section was so quiet....it was weird.....P.S. that gives you an idea of what section I am in......
      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        As hard as the entire Bison defense was committing to Zenner when he got the ball , it might have been worthwhile to run a reverse off of a Zenner sweep.
        They (Bison) probably thought of this too,they were much more prepared for us than we were for them.Would have liked to have seen something work though,even the fat chance it might have.On the 1 sec left in the 1st half,I wanted to see a draw to Zenner...doesn't work,oh well ,half over....at least it would have been unexpected and might have got close,might have doubled at least ZZ's 4 yards for the game rushing....little morale booster...I think Sumner got sacked instead.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
          They (Bison) probably thought of this too,they were much more prepared for us than we were for them.Would have liked to have seen something work though,even the fat chance it might have.On the 1 sec left in the 1st half,I wanted to see a draw to Zenner...doesn't work,oh well ,half over....at least it would have been unexpected and might have got close....little morale booster...I think Sumner got sacked instead.
          Hats off to NDSU's defense.. Defense wins championships and they have the best defense in the FCS hands down. Their offense does enough to get the job done. Jensen is good not great.. Great QB's wind up in the NFL and he won't be one of those.. Thought the fan support on both sides was very good.. Have to move on and get ready for a tough battle with SO. Illinois. Don't know how many defensive starters they lost from last yr's team but correct me if I'm wrong but I think Zenner was held to under 50 yards rushing that game?? Need to regroup and get a conference win! Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by common sense rabbit View Post
            Hats off to NDSU's defense.. Defense wins championships and they have the best defense in the FCS hands down. Their offense does enough to get the job done. Jensen is good not great.. Great QB's wind up in the NFL and he won't be one of those.. Thought the fan support on both sides was very good.. Have to move on and get ready for a tough battle with SO. Illinois. Don't know how many defensive starters they lost from last yr's team but correct me if I'm wrong but I think Zenner was held to under 50 yards rushing that game?? Need to regroup and get a conference win! Go Jacks!
            So by that definition, there are about five great QBs in the country any given year, and generally none at the FCS level. To me, great QBs win championships. Jensen will likely have three of those in four years when he's done.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Whoever thinks Jensen isn't great needs to quit judging greatness by stats. We have a QB who will break just about every record in the book at SDSU by the time he's done, and he couldn't hold Jensen's jock strap. Jensen is the heart and soul of that team and the toughest S.O.B. on the field at any given time. He'll also have 3 rings when all is said and done. If that isn't great, I don't know what the hell is.
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by common sense rabbit View Post
                Right,I'm mov'n on with ya,lets whip those guys!

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                  our PR is a disaster. There were a few punts that needed to be fielded and weren't costing us 20 yards in field position because our returner isn't in the right position. No excuse for this. Coaches are responsible for having the guys in the right position. I sit with three guys who played for State recently as well and they all think our PR was an absolute disaster.

also, the PR for a TD would have still happened had the guy not blocked in the back. Our coverage was completely out of position and we were bailed out by the unnecessary block.

On the stats, we only kicked off once as we didnt score. So we have one kick off and they had one kickoff return. that is of no analytical value for determining any patterns. Even so, we've already given up a kick return for a TD this year.

The continued errors in the ST must stop. Every week it is something new.

EDIT: maybe I was harsh on Moore, but he's ultimately responsible for the ST play, and it's been awful.
                  I completely agree with having guys in the right position and the coaches need to do a better job with that but also with the wind like it was how easy is it to know where to put guys. NDSU first two punts traveled over I think 45 yards in the air so should we just keep putting our returner at 30-35 yards or back him up when the wind is still in his face? I guess I do not know which is best. I felt Saywer kicked more consistent then the NDSU kid so he could just camp under the kicks where NDSU punted out of bounds and some line drive rollers.
                  Also if memory serves me correctly on the return, we had two block in back penalties within 10 yards of him catching the ball so I would say we had the 2nd returner at least covered ok - but I will have to see the condensed game version to be sure. Also when you are talking analytically - then dont look at numbers and look at some of the execution. Our kickoff didnt go out of bounds, our punts didnt go out of bounds, we did not drop a punt snap, we did not drop a punt (I wish we would have caught a punt though)

I think it is our job to be harsh on the coaches (and yes even though he doesnt not coach every unit, or didnt when I played and I am sure that hasnt changed, he is ultimately responsible and it needs to be corrected) because we expect/want to be good. 90% of us have no clue of the rules of the scheme but as I know when I played and I would hope that your buddies who played knows that Coach Stig will not let things go in that is not sound. So is it scheme or are our players just not executing like we have stated on offense and defense. Special teams is magnified more because it is one play. Where on defense you can give up a 20 yard run and then force a punt and no one knows any better.

Comment

Well, I'm going to swing the convo back to football. I don't really care about the errant swear word or the Bison fans, some of whom we all know are arrogant pricks. Some. Not all of them. I'm far more concerned that the SDSU team I saw on the field is nowhere near ready to compete with the Bison. Nowhere near. From the coaches to the fans to the players to the toilets. After watching yesterday, I have no confidence we'll be able to beat them anytime soon. Our defense was valiant. That was a fine, fine effort after how they had played up until yesterday. They just were worn out at the end. Stig criticized them on the radio after the game. Wake up, man. How many straight times did the O go three and out? Six? Eight? And Stig says we just "quit playing defense" late in the game. Was he even watching how things played out? How many times did we give NDSU near midfield and the D force a punt? The offense was an absolute joke yesterday. And the play calling and game prep were a massive part of that. We have about eight plays in the whole book. NDSU knows them all and blows up every one. Hey, let's keep running ZZ up the middle. It's working so well! Cripes. I know he had to stay back and help block a lot, but we need to come up with different ways to get the dude the ball. We moved the ball a little early on with quick passing, but that was short lived. When Sumner was busy overshooting receivers badly, they were busy dropping easy, easy catches. And the O line was abused. And we made as many mistakes as possible on the punt return, costing us field position. But yeah, Stig...go on the radio and gripe about the D. Oh, but don't say anything about the coaching. Don't take any of the blame yourself. Nice. I was completely unimpressed. So, I'm sure this will get y'all going and wind some folks up. But at least we're talking about the game again. To the defense...I salute you. You did all that could be asked. At everything else, we were so dominated and pathetic-looking that I can't blame anybody who walked away mumbling a swear word or two. They have better personnel. I get it. But to play 25 minutes of second half football without finding a play or two that can pick up a first down is simply unacceptable. There. I'm done. End of rant.
                    Last edited by JackFan96; 09-29-2013, 01:46 PM.
                    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                      Whoever thinks Jensen isn't great needs to quit judging greatness by stats. We have a QB who will break just about every record in the book at SDSU by the time he's done, and he couldn't hold Jensen's jock strap. Jensen is the heart and soul of that team and the toughest S.O.B. on the field at any given time. He'll also have 3 rings when all is said and done. If that isn't great, I don't know what the hell is.
                      im sorry. Being the heart and soul of a team doesn't make you a great qb. Tim Tebow was the heart and soul and a tough SOB in Denver. How did that end up for him.
                      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                        im sorry. Being the heart and soul of a team doesn't make you a great qb. Tim Tebow was the heart and soul and a tough SOB in Denver. How did that end up for him.
                        I'll take 11 Jensen's on my team and go win championships. They've had a great defense for several years, but you don't win consistently (especially consecutive championships), without great QB play. Question for ya....if Jensen is only good, what the heck does that make everyone on our team outside of Zenner?
                        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I'm not sure how many times Jensen needs to come up with a huge play right when his team needs it to move from good to great, but if he didn't do that yesterday, then he never will to those of you who think he is average. He consistently made huge plays on third down with his feet and arm. How many times does he need to do that to be considered great?
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                            I'll take 11 Jensen's on my team and go win championships. They've had a great defense for several years, but you don't win consistently (especially consecutive championships), without great QB play. Question for ya....if Jensen is only good, what the heck does that make everyone on our team outside of Zenner?
                            Thing is, if you had 11 Jensens, NDSU wouldn't have 2 NC. He's a game manager qb
                            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                              lol at defacing the National Anthem. Enjoy your sour grapes.
                              Gotta agree with them on the anthem thing. Not even any sour grapes. Enjoyed your homebrew, thanks!
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                                lol at defacing the National Anthem. Enjoy your sour grapes.
                                If you think defacing the national anthem is ok to do I hold out little hope for those with that view point. Stay classy I guess.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X