ndsu GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ndsu GDT

I think I'd worry more about our offensive line than wether or not Brock Jensen is or isn't the greatest QB of all time.I realize some were dragged into this discussion by a Bison fan though, bragging too much, or defending said QB.It is a discussion board though,so, second thought,pardon my intrusion,discuss away

Comment

Originally posted by DakJacks View Post
      This is my first posting on here and my dad always posted while I was playing because he could not get to all the games so I have kind of learned from him. I was only a special teams guy at SDSU because of guys in front of me (which I am fine with) so this is what I watch the most and I guess understand the most. Now that I have been done playing and dont get a chance to see all the games this is where I get most of my information about how things are going. Today was the first game I have been to this year but not since I have been done playing.

I am not sure where you are getting ST was a dumpster fire and Shannon Moore should be fired before Monday. After looking at the stats on gojacks I noticed that SDSU had a better kickoff net, a better punt net, and only a half yard shorter average punt even though NDSU hit two over 55 yards and one 75. The KOR average was better and held the #2 punt returner in the conference to under half his average. So I would love to know where they were a dumpster fire today. You can say the PR for a TD but did you think that maybe that happened because of the two blocks in the back? You can also say that our punt team gave up a 35 yard return which he caught at the 3 which maybe we just out kicked our coverage. I am pretty sure he returned a big one against K-State also.
      our PR is a disaster. There were a few punts that needed to be fielded and weren't costing us 20 yards in field position because our returner isn't in the right position. No excuse for this. Coaches are responsible for having the guys in the right position. I sit with three guys who played for State recently as well and they all think our PR was an absolute disaster.

also, the PR for a TD would have still happened had the guy not blocked in the back. Our coverage was completely out of position and we were bailed out by the unnecessary block.

On the stats, we only kicked off once as we didnt score. So we have one kick off and they had one kickoff return. that is of no analytical value for determining any patterns. Even so, we've already given up a kick return for a TD this year.

The continued errors in the ST must stop. Every week it is something new.

EDIT: maybe I was harsh on Moore, but he's ultimately responsible for the ST play, and it's been awful.
      Last edited by KUlawJack; 09-29-2013, 10:28 AM.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        Oh yeah and ndsu fans defacing the national anthem is just sad and disrespectful. Any fan that argues otherwise is a moron. That goes for sdsu or ndsu fans who think its ok.
        You are so right,I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
          To be honest I think everyone is being pretty fair and rational on here after the loss(although I don't feel we were "Trounced"). Both special teams were very interesting to watch to say the least. I think dumpster fire would be harsh. The defense played great. I would take Brock Jensen or I would leave him. I'm pretty indifferent to him, he doesn't "wow" me, but he wins. did he really do anything until the defense wore out? Not really, but the one TD which would have been enough. Both teams WR's were not impressive. I think Sumner is in his "Favre Jets year" after surgery, that's why we continue to see this inaccuracy. The refs were really pulling out some rules I've never heard before. The student section must all be Pharmacy majors and got a hold of some valium. We should have had staff over there checking pulses. Put it in the books and move on I guess.

P.S. To everyone sitting around me at the game I apologize for my F-bombs at the refs during the "almost TD" in the North endzone. There probably were a few more than that. But I did get a couple looks. My bad.

P.S.S. To the guy sitting 6-7 rows above us who is negative from the very first snap of the ball. Why do you come to games? Save your money if you are so distressed by Jackrabbit football. That's a good team down there and they were playing against a really good team. Although, to be fair, you've been pretty much negative since the first play of the season. At least be positive with your statements. I'm louder than anybody and that I can get behind. But a play by play loud critique with your differing opinion makes you look/sound like an ass.
          Dropping f bombs and then calling out another fan? Classy. If you're going to have the balls to do that u need to give your section and row.

I would let 1 or 2 swear words fly before giving you a warning. After that, me and my buds will haul you out ourselves. Our kids don't need to hear that.

I agree on the previous comment about the bison punt return. That block in the back had no effect on the return. Our guy was completely out of position and the bison player bailed him out.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            Oh yeah and ndsu fans defacing the national anthem is just sad and disrespectful. Any fan that argues otherwise is a moron. That goes for sdsu or ndsu fans who think its ok.
            +1 from a military family.

Comment

Last edited by TK22867; 09-29-2013, 09:56 AM. Reason: Double post. Stupid phone.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                Jensen is ****ing awesome, don't know how that can be disputed.

Our punt return team is awful. I left after the last Bison TD, and unless I missed something, we did not catch one punt yesterday. Not one.

I wish we would have tried more things and different ways to get Zenner the ball. Kick returns, punt returns, anything creative. Run a flash set. Something.
                As hard as the entire Bison defense was committing to Zenner when he got the ball , it might have been worthwhile to run a reverse off of a Zenner sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  Jensen is ****ing awesome, don't know how that can be disputed.

Our punt return team is awful. I left after the last Bison TD, and unless I missed something, we did not catch one punt yesterday. Not one.

I wish we would have tried more things and different ways to get Zenner the ball. Kick returns, punt returns, anything creative. Run a flash set. Something.
                  I agree, wish we would have tried to get ZZ the ball more. I think he only had 9 touches. Is that right?

Could have been a little more creative on that front. We also could have caught the 4-5 drops we had and Austin could have made some better throws. I think his head was on a swivel since our O line was being pummeled the whole game.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

[QUOTE=TK22867;235899]Dropping f bombs and then calling out another fan? Classy. If you're going to have the balls to do that u need to give your section and row.
                    QUOTE]

Ummm......I think I just apologized for the f-bomb and got caught up in the moment. I didn't have to say a thing about it, I'm not perfect, congratulations on your pedestal. As for hauling me out congratulations on your new found assault charges, hope it was worth it. It'll be something for your kids to be proud of as well. "That guy swore. My dad's in cuffs". As for the other fan well, maybe I shouldn't call him out, you might be correct. I was wrong to cast a stone. I'd tell you my sec and row but sounds like you have violence issues.
                    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

My opinion on Jensen is meh. He wins but is that the system or him? I say system. He's good not great. Somebody told me he has never had a 300yd game. That's crazy
                      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

[QUOTE=Theee Catrabbit;235904]
                        Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                        Dropping f bombs and then calling out another fan? Classy. If you're going to have the balls to do that u need to give your section and row.
                        QUOTE]

Ummm......I think I just apologized for the f-bomb and got caught up in the moment. I didn't have to say a thing about it, I'm not perfect, congratulations on your pedestal. As for hauling me out congratulations on your new found assault charges, hope it was worth it. It'll be something for your kids to be proud of as well. "That guy swore. My dad's in cuffs". As for the other fan well, maybe I shouldn't call him out, you might be correct. I was wrong to cast a stone. I'd tell you my sec and row but sounds like you have violence issues.
                        I wouldn't literally pull you out. We'd have Christi and friends with us. Feel free to bring assault charges on them.

The minute CAS becomes a non-family friendly place is the minute I pull all my support for athletics. Don't contribute to that. This is not an NFL game.

Yes, I figured you wouldn't say where you sat. Typical message board maneuver.

What good does a message board apology do? Don't apologize to us. Apologize to everyone sitting around you next week.

Comment

[QUOTE=TK22867;235906]
                          Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post

I wouldn't literally pull you out. We'd have Christi and friends with us. Feel free to bring assault charges on them.

Just going by what you said, you and your buds. See what happens when people take you literal or you make a mistake. in your verbiage of a hypothetical tough guy situation that will never happen.

The minute CAS becomes a non-family friendly place is the minute I pull all my support for athletics. Don't contribute to that. This is not an NFL game.

I can agree with that.

Yes, I figured you wouldn't say where you sat. Typical message board maneuver.

Well duh! If I wanted to meet people I would. It's just not my thing. I meet enough already. We might even know each other already. Who knows. Really what would literally happen if I gave my sec and row? Nothing. You would show up we would look at each other awkwardly. Probably shake hands, maybe even hug, and go our separate ways.

What good does a message board apology do? Don't apologize to us. Apologize to everyone sitting around you next week.

Agreed. A) I know a few of the people and will when I see them. B) It didn't really dawn on me until after the game. That's how much I was into it at the time. C) And unfortunately I'm not able to make any more games this year(another reason I'm not giving my sec and row). So maybe one will see this. That's why.
                          Done deal.

Comment

lol at defacing the National Anthem. Enjoy your sour grapes.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post

here we go in 3...2....1.....

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                                Exactly what we were talking about lol,big joke,no respect for the people who defend this country,and those who have lost loved ones doing it,lol....oh ya,it has nothing to do with the game or grapes either.

Comment

Working...
                                X