Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ndsu GDT

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
    So we can't discuss a player? I'm sure many of your fans see ZZ as a non-threat, he definitely is because of your defense. For my part, I'm not making light of Jensen's accomplishments nor running him down. I just really think your defense is so good he just needs to be efficient, and he is very good at being efficient. Nothing wrong with being a good QB and winning championships (see Alabama). Can't argue with it. Next year we'll find out: Will NDSU be able to win a National Championship without Brock Jensen, the rest of your team will be pretty much intact. correct?

2014 will be a very interesting season for the Bison. The back-up QB (Carson Wenz) is supposedly a lot better thrower and more athletic compared to Jensen. More of a drop back, pocket passer.

The Bison lose a lot of starters on both sides of the ball. It will be interesting for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel
      I f you want a unanimous decision that Brock Jensen is a great QB compared to a good QB on a great team,you'll probably find greater success over on the BV forum,but that wouldn't be as much fun as watching Jack rabbit fans turn on each other over your stupid QB.....would it?
      +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Comment

My take on Saturday's game...I don't know if some sort of sedatives were released into the campus water system Saturday morning, but the student section needs to wake the h*** up! I stood top row most of the game, and the majority of them were just plain lacking enthusiasm. A big pocket left after halftime, and then there were a few special children that decided to light up cigarettes in the 4th quarter. Not even kidding. Maybe my expectations are too lofty, but I do know that when I was a Pride member, I used to be totally drained after games, not only from playing the s*** out of my musical instrument, but also from going ballistic in the stands during the game.

As for the rest of my reaction...I think there needs to be a major injection of passion into the whole program, that means everybody. Football is an emotional game. When you have a rival as big as NDSU 3 hours away that does a pretty good job of making their presence known in OUR tailgating lots, stadium, and downtown atmosphere, yeah, I can see why they would want to chat "Bison home game" at the end of Saturday's game.

As for the team, I am severely disappointed. Dropped balls, missed tackles, weirdo play calling, lack of execution, hesitation...the list goes on.

On the bright side of things...IT'S HOBO WEEK!
        "Cheer the team from South Dakota with loyal hearts so true!"

Comment

Brock Jensen is a good qb on a great team. When you go 10/19 for 100 or so yards 0TDs 1INT. That is not great, no matter how you put it. A great qb is Johnny Manziel, Teddy Bridgewater, Marcus Mariota, Tajh Boyd, etc. Not Brock freakin Jensen. His career averages are 61% 150yd 1TD .4Int Passing and rushing he is 19.6yds .67TD.

Even Trent Dilfer has a Super Bowl Ring......
          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
            Brock Jensen is a good qb on a great team. When you go 10/19 for 100 or so yards 0TDs 1INT. That is not great, no matter how you put it. A great qb is Johnny Manziel, Teddy Bridgewater, Marcus Mariota, Tajh Boyd, etc. Not Brock freakin Jensen. His career averages are 61% 150yd 1TD .4Int Passing and rushing he is 19.6yds .67TD.

Even Trent Dilfer has a Super Bowl Ring......
            Jensen will end his career as NDSU's career total offense leader, well over 8,000 yards, about a zillion TDs, and (probably) three FCS titles. If an SDSU guy finished with those kinds of numbers, pretty sure we'd all consider him "great." Statistics are fun, but winning is kind of a "great" thing.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
              Jensen will end his career as NDSU's career total offense leader, well over 8,000 yards, about a zillion TDs, and (probably) three FCS titles. If an SDSU guy finished with those kinds of numbers, pretty sure we'd all consider him "great." Statistics are fun, but winning is kind of a "great" thing.
              So what you are saying is that Brock Jensen is among the same class as the likes of Johnny Manziel, Marcus Mariota, Tajh Boyd, Teddy Bridgewater?

Comment

So what you are saying is that Brock Jensen is among the same class as the likes of Johnny Manziel, Marcus Mariota, Tajh Boyd, Teddy Bridgewater?
                Reading comprehension fail.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  Reading comprehension fail.
                  those are great qbs and calling him great puts him in the class

Comment

those are great qbs and calling him great puts him in the class
                    My fault. I should have written "Logic fail."

Apologies.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Jensen is and will be heralded by Bison fans as "great" because of the 2 maybe 3 nattys. He will go down as one of the greatest BISON of all time.

In no way, shape, or form does that greatness transfer to the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                        My fault. I should have written "Logic fail."

Apologies.
                        Seconded. Isn't this that straw man guy I've heard so much about?
                        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Has anyone heard if Chase Douglas is alright? He came out in the fourth quarter limping out and I didn't see him back in. The bison seemed to really run the ball after he left.

Comment

Originally posted by Bison Fan in NW MN View Post
                            2014 will be a very interesting season for the Bison. The back-up QB (Carson Wenz) is supposedly a lot better thrower and more athletic compared to Jensen. More of a drop back, pocket passer.

The Bison lose a lot of starters on both sides of the ball. It will be interesting for sure.
                            And possibly their coach?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                              And possibly their coach?
                              I don't think so. Read this story, it will cost real dollars to take the USC job.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/413574/

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                I don't think so. I cant find the link now, but this morning, I read a story at the Forum about the contract that Bohl signed. If Bohl leaves it will cost him a lot of money, like close to 300k. The Forum got access to some emails and this what the story was based on.
                                The school that decides to make him their coach will pay that out. He's probably going to only leave if he's getting at least a million so $300k won't mean much.
                                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Working...
                                X