What kind of a Season will 2013 be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What kind of a Season will 2013 be?

When did this thread become about the bison? I had to check if I was on bisonville.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      When did this thread become about the bison? I had to check if I was on bisonville.
      oh sorry....lord knows we have never had SDSU posters on BV
      BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
        are you directing this at me or what?
        No. There have been some comments by Jacks fans regarding their D line. I really don't know how good their LB's are gonna be, so I was giving them some insight from a coaches perspective. I think NDSU will keep rolling. I hope the Jacks beat ya, but I wouldn't bet a large sum on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bison Fan in NW MN View Post
          The Jacks have the potential to be really good this year. Looking at the schedule I see anywhere from 2 to 4 loses. The games that will be tough ones will be Nebraska, UNI, NDSU, YSU and maybe UND just cus it is up in GF. I see the Jacks in the playoffs again this coming year. IMO, anywhere from 10-2 to 8-4.
          This is where I'm at. Potential is there, can it be realized is the big question. Offensively the biggest question is still at WR and the only answer we have right now is that there isn't an obvious stud at that position. Jones appears ready to break out as TE receiving and that will help a bunch. Defenses will have to key on Zenner. Sumner needs to find a way to keep them honest.

Defense stepped up last year and carried this team to the playoffs along with ZZ. I think we will be better in the secondary but I wonder about our depth and experience at DT and LB. I think the talent is there but I have no idea how that will be reflected on the field.

It is really tough to win on the road in the MVFC. This year the toughest tests are at home while the road games are going to be absolute battles. I've been in the dome for recent men's BB games where the better team didn't win.

Its cliche but I'm down with the one week and one win at a time mentality. That starts with Butler in less than 5 weeks. 1-0 is the goal.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

11-1

Comment

The league's pre-season poll is out...NDSU tabbed as the favorite with SDSU picked #2.

Here are the rankings and the pre-season 'all-conference' predictions:

2013 Valley Football Preseason Poll
              Team (first-place votes) Points
              1. North Dakota State (39) 390
              2. South Dakota State 323
              3. UNI 269
              4. Illinois State 264
              5. Youngstown State 253
              6. Indiana State 197
              7. Southern Illinois 188
              8. Missouri State 123
              9. Western Illinois 77
              10. South Dakota 61

2013 Missouri Valley Football Preseason Team
              Name, School Ht. Wt. Yr. Hometown / High School
              QB- Brock Jensen, NDSU 6-3 226 Sr. Waupaca (Wis.) High
              RB- Shakir Bell, INS 5-8 185 Sr. Indianapolis (Ind.) Warren Central
              RB- David Johnson, UNI 6-3 214 Jr. Clinton (Iowa) High
              RB- Zach Zenner, SDSU 6-0 215 Jr. Eagan (Minn.) High
              FB- Jordan Neukirch, ILS 6-2 235 Sr. Algonquin (Ill.) Huntley High
              WR- Dorian Buford, MSU 6-0 184 Sr. St. Louis (Mo.) McCluer North
              WR- Ryan Smith, NDSU 5-7 178 Sr. Wahpeton (N.D.) High
              TE- MyCole Pruitt, SIU 6-3 250 Jr. St. Louis (Mo.) Kirkwood High
              OL- Chris Elkins, YSU 6-3 300 Sr. Beaver Falls (Pa.) High
              OL- Jimmy Holtschlag, WIU 6-5 300 Sr. Quincy (Ill.) Notre Dame
              OL- Dan Kruger, UNI 6-5 320 Sr. Wesley (Iowa) West Hancock High
              OL- Billy Turner, NDSU 6-6 311 Sr. Shoreview (Minn.) Mounds View High
              OL- Bryan Witzmann, SDSU 6-7 300 Sr. Houlton (Wis.) Somerset High
              PK- Adam Keller, NDSU 6-1 200 Jr. Lewisberry (Pa.) Red Land High

DL- Cole Jirik, NDSU 6-4 245 Sr. Northfield (Minn.) High
              DL- Doug Peete, SDSU 6-3 255 Sr. Olathe (Kan.) Olathe North High
              DL- Leevon Perry, NDSU 6-3 276 Sr. Cottage Grove (Minn.) Saint Agnes HS
              DL- Colton Underwood, ILS 6-4 255 Sr. Washington (Ill.) High
              LB- Grant Olson, NDSU 6-0 222 Sr. Plymouth (Minn.) Wayzata High
              LB- T.J. Lally, SDSU 6-0 225 So. Chicago (Ill.) Marmion Academy
              LB- J.J. Raffelson, WIU 6-3 235 So. Lake Zurich (Ill.) High
              LB- Tyler Starr, USD 6-5 230 Sr. Little Rock (Iowa) George-Little Rock
              DB- Calvin Burnett, INS 5-9 160 Sr. Orlando (Fla.) Freedom High/Hofstra
              DB- Martinez Davis, WIU 5-10 180 Jr. Madisonville (Ky.) Air Force Prep
              DB- Caleb Schaffitzel, MSU 6-0 214 Jr. Fair Grove (Mo.) High
              DB- Marcus Williams, NDSU 5-11 197 Sr. Minneapolis (Minn.) Hopkins High
              P- Ben LeCompte, NDSU 5-10 195 So. Barrington (Ill.) High
              RS- Ryan Smith, NDSU 5-7 178 Sr. Wahpeton (N.D.) High

Honorable Mention:
               QB Sawyer Kollmorgen, UNI; QB Kurt Hess, Youngstown State; WR Brett LeMaster, UNI; OL Josh Aladenoye, Illinois State; OL Jermaine Barton, Illinois State; OL FN Lutz III, Indiana State; PK Tyler Sievertsen, UNI; DL Anthony Grady, MIssouri State; LB Jake Farley, UNI; LB Travis Beck, North Dakota State; P Austin Pucylowski, Southern Illinois.

*Every school with minimum of one first-team selection. NDSU represented with a league high 10 total selections. UNI (6 total selections), South Dakota State (4) and Illinois State (4) were next best.

See the official story on the Missouri Valley Football Conference website: http://valley-football.org/news/defa...ootball-title/

Here's a link to the story in today's Argus Leader: http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...nclick_check=1

Comment

The AGS preseason poll is also out. SDSU is picked 7th, NDSU is first of course. Three Valley teams in the top 10, 5 in top 25, and 7 receiving votes.
                http://www.valley-football.org/news/...ootball-title/

Comment

Did I miss it or did we get through 6 pages of thread without mentioning Lally? Good season coming for all involved. All the best teams are coming to Brookville. Worrisome road hiccups? Mo State. That damn game always seems to be harder than it should be down there. Nebraska? Hopefully they can get their camera equipment working this time, because the refs were missing a hell of an upset that was brewing. Filthy cheats. Jacks 10-2.
                  With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                    Did I miss it or did we get through 6 pages of thread without mentioning Lally? Good season coming for all involved. All the best teams are coming to Brookville. Worrisome road hiccups? Mo State. That damn game always seems to be harder than it should be down there. Nebraska? Hopefully they can get their camera equipment working this time, because the refs were missing a hell of an upset that was brewing. Filthy cheats. Jacks 10-2.
                    No kidding at Nebraska we got jobbed, and I think i mentioned Lally. I know we lost some good linebackers but honestly i always look forward to who will step up because will Lally, our LBs could be amazing again. they always reload at that position, I have no doubt it will continue that way.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I didn't make my prediction, 9-3 is very attainable and requires going 1-0 9 times and 0-1 3 times. I think the Jacks could make it 1-0 10 times. 1-0 12 times isn't likely with the tough early season stretch of games and the quality of conference opponents.

Injuries, sloppy play, a bad turnover and things could slip to 0-1 5 or 6 times, that would be no fun.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Just had lunch with a couple of former Coyote players. They have their season tickets and are looking forward to a better season and a more focused team. Both very realistic about expectations and both hoping and expecting that the Coyotes will not only be competitive but perhaps win some games in the dome.

I haven't looked at tickets for the Jacks vs Coyotes FB game or how one might get them. I have plenty of connections if I wanted to go, not sure I do. If others are interested and don't have any easy way to get tickets let me know.

Comment

I've had a couple of inquiries. Make sure you inbox isn't full so I can reply. Go Jackrabbits!!

Comment

I think it's awesome that 2 lowly schools from someplace called the Dakotas are 1-2 in the Conference poll, and just so happens that conference is one of the toughest in the country of all DI
                            BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

I've got 10 tickets for USD game right now. $40 face value. I think my source will sell them for that. Go on sale to public Thursday but will require purchase of ISU blue ticket for package price of $55. If you inquired make sure your inbox is cleared so I can contact you. I can get more. Sorry if this is thread drift.

The more Jacks fans in the stands at any venue the better as I see it.

Comment

Doc, sent you PM.
                                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Working...
                                X