What kind of a Season will 2013 be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of a Season will 2013 be?

What a boring Saturday!!! To think 6 weeks from now, is the opening game against Butler.

We will find out how new D coordinator is working out. Can ZZ still put the yards up? Can Sumner still throw? I think the answers to both are a resounding yes, and that is our high points. Other things considered I don't really know until we play the games. Hoping for a win on Sept 28th and a stream of John Deere fans heading north home with tears in their eyes, no smack intended, but it could go the other way with their veteran defense dominating the game.

As far as a ending season record, I leave that to others but would love to see us go 15-0 including playoff games.

Re: What kind of a Season will 2013 be?

I think State is going to have a good year. There are some question marks heading into the season, but all teams have them. I also would love to see you beat the Bison, but I don't think that's gonna happen. Right now, on paper, they appear dominant. That's a hard pill to swallow, but I think that's the way it is. Barring an upset, it looks like 3 in a row.I think the game that will be large for you will be against the U. Not because we are going to be favored, because we won't be, but because it is the Dome, and everyone will be ramped up for it, and there won't be much yellow and blue in attendance that day. Rivalry games are something special for a player, and this year will be no exception.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
      I think State is going to have a good year. There are some question marks heading into the season, but all teams have them. I also would love to see you beat the Bison, but I don't think that's gonna happen. Right now, on paper, they appear dominant. That's a hard pill to swallow, but I think that's the way it is. Barring an upset, it looks like 3 in a row.I think the game that will be large for you will be against the U. Not because we are going to be favored, because we won't be, but because it is the Dome, and everyone will be ramped up for it, and there won't be much yellow and blue in attendance that day. Rivalry games are something special for a player, and this year will be no exception.
      It's a shame that SDSU fans can't take the seats that will be vacated by the USD students at half time.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        It's a shame that SDSU fans can't take the seats that will be vacated by the USD students at half time.
        Not a smack thread.

Comment

I'm calling a 9-3 kind of year.

Butler - W
          UND - W
          SE LA - W
          Neb - L
          NDSU - L
          SIU - W
          WIU - W
          MO. ST. -W
          UNI - W
          ISU-B -W
          USD - W
          YSU - L

Mostly looking forward to seeing how our D plays out this year, there are quite a few newer faces on D if memory serves. My 9-3 prediction indicates I think we'll be just fine on D. (Will we be using that new D scheme coach mentioned?) Would love to see Winston Wright with a few more picks.

Also looking forward to seeing Cam Jones at TE, though I suspect Benedetto will see more time than Cam?

Obviously, anything short of a win or four in the playoffs and the year is a bust.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I like our chances against NDSU on grass

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              Not a smack thread.
              It wasn't smack. I was truly lamenting that factual occurrence.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                I'm calling a 9-3 kind of year.

Butler - W
                UND - W
                SE LA - W
                Neb - L
                NDSU - L
                SIU - W
                WIU - W
                MO. ST. -W
                UNI - W
                ISU-B -W
                USD - W
                YSU - L

Mostly looking forward to seeing how our D plays out this year, there are quite a few newer faces on D if memory serves. My 9-3 prediction indicates I think we'll be just fine on D. (Will we be using that new D scheme coach mentioned?) Would love to see Winston Wright with a few more picks.

Also looking forward to seeing Cam Jones at TE, though I suspect Benedetto will see more time than Cam?

Obviously, anything short of a win or four in the playoffs and the year is a bust.
                This could be the outcome, I like to think 15-0 at this point in time, mainly because no games have been played.. Winning at Lincoln and beating NDSU at home are tall tasks. I do like our chances at Youngstown though, so we could be 10-2 going into the playoffs. We have won at YSU before and they will no doubt be good this year. YSU as always had great talent right under their nose due to great high school football played in their immediate area, but it seems their coaching has never got that talent to spark, except under Jim Tressell. Their trophy room should be loaded with hardware, but they only got two or three NC's to show for.

Comment

We've always played well vs YSU, here or there.

If memory serves, we haven't lost to them since joining the Missouri Valley. We did lose to them in the year prior to becoming Valley members.

I'm not really expecting to lose, I just figured we have to lose to them again sometime. Wouldn't be at all surprised to beat them.

Nebraska and NDSU are completely different tasks.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Defense is the great equalizer. I'm a little worried about the Jacks' lack of experience in a few starting starting positions. It will take break-out years by couple of newbies, combined with the veterans staying healthy, to keep the balance.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

That schedule is full of challenges. The road games will be typically tough, but the home dates look nasty. NDSU, SIU, UNI, and ISU-B (along with a couple non-cons that could surprise us). Be ready for a lot of tense games. There's not a lot of room for dealing with injuries or poor play. I think we'll end up in the 7-10 win range with a couple of breaks here or there determining the which end of the range we are on.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                        It wasn't smack. I was truly lamenting that factual occurrence.
                        Yeah right

Comment

I could not resist that the Bison fans are talking about buying SDSU season tickets in order to have front row seat for the Sept 28th game. Now that is neighborly of them.

Comment

Hello from the Arizona desert Jack fans. I'm excited about the up coming season. The only prediction I can guarantee is that I will be looking forward to being in Brooking for several games. After experiencing the wonderful hospitality along with the new friendships I made last year, I came home even more proud to say my son is a Jackrabbit. I look forward to many new experiences and some of that pre game apple pie I was introduced to..(That was some good stuff). Hopefully I can get some fishing and golfing in this year..

Go Jacks....

Comment

This is about as favorable a schedule as the Jacks will have in that the toughest conference games will be played in Brookings.

Butler - W - Should be one of the Pioneer contenders, but Jacks need to win this hands down.
                              UND - W - despite playing in Grand Forks, Jacks should win by more than 7.
                              SE LA - W -Lions picked up some good FBS transfers. They'll be much better under 2nd year coach, than the team played last year.
                              Neb - L - Huskers will not be looking past the Jacks this year. Hope can be respectable, and Huskers regret not getting an FCS team in future games.
                              NDSU - W - Jacks put it all together, and Bison make a couple of mistakes between these two titans of the FCS. It's almost a shame these two are both MVFC teams.
                              SIU - W - Stig continues his D-I domination of Lennon.
                              WIU - W - 1st year former D-II national coach hasn't brought in enough of his own recruits. WIU suffers through another tough season.
                              MO. ST. -W- I honestly do not understand how Allen has kept his job at Mo.St. However, the game is there, I can see this being an "OOPS" game by the Jacks.
                              UNI - L - UNI has good teams. Like the Bison, the Panthers have had the Jacks number. This will be tight either way.
                              ISU-B -W - Trees will be sinking now that Miles is gone as coach.
                              USD - W Rivalry game, in Vermillion. I don't think that Yotes have enough to contain the Rabbits, but this needs to be a day to score early and often, and take the crowd out.
                              YSU - W - How about them 'Guins? Will they be the steamrolling team of early 12, or the imploding team like late 12? My guess is that their late season failures continue.

Be VERY HAPPY that Jacks don't face the Redbirds. If their FBS transfer QB plays well, they may very well be the MVFC auto-bid winners.

Jacks make it to play in the second round as a 5 or 6 seed, hosting that first Dec. weekend. Then on the road to either a Big Sky or Southland better seed. If the Jacks can avoid getting shipped up to Fargo, I can see the Jacks making the championship game this season. Get shipped to Fargo like last year, NDSU will get the W at home.

Comment

Working...
                              X