What kind of a Season will 2013 be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What kind of a Season will 2013 be?

were there still players waiting to find out if they get a apeal for another year? like hettinger or some others who if could come back would be huge to keep and a tough loss.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      were there still players waiting to find out if they get a apeal for another year? like hettinger or some others who if could come back would be huge to keep and a tough loss.
      Somebody (I believe it was Hettinger) was denied. Don't know of anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        Somebody (I believe it was Hettinger) was denied. Don't know of anyone else.
        It was Hettinger. I remember feeling disappointed when TV announced it awhile back. Makes me concerned about DT depth. Other than that, I'm not as worried about our defense as others seem to be.
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
          It was Hettinger. I remember feeling disappointed when TV announced it awhile back. Makes me concerned about DT depth. Other than that, I'm not as worried about our defense as others seem to be.
          I thought there was another player or 2, i didnt think it was just him though.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            I thought there was another player or 2, i didnt think it was just him though.
            I know that Seth Daughters decided against putting in a request. Not sure if that is who you may of been thinking of.

Comment

Basically middle of the D line and the safetys are the big question marks. I really am not to worried about linebackers. we lose great linebackers every year it seems but the guys stepping up always seem to fill the void. I dont see it being any differrent this year, a lot of talent in that group. some guys are bound to step up with Lally. O line should great again this year, tons of talent and expereince and depth. on offense I guess i just want another WR to step up. Huberts a good possesion guy, trevor as the deep play capability, but i think we need another guy, maybe schneider to step up be the big play or go to guy. Man with this weather being a little cooler and chance of rain today really is getting me into the mood for football yet at the same time I dont want summer to get over to quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                I know that Seth Daughters decided against putting in a request. Not sure if that is who you may of been thinking of.
                Could have been, I dont remember much of the details just thought there was a chance on 2 maybe 3 putting in an appeal, i knew hettinger was one Seth was probably the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                  I second this thought. We are thin at DT.

Expect to see some stuff with the LBs and corners this year that we haven't seen in the past too. I believe TV has alluded to this when he mentioned some changes in scheme on D.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                    NDSU - W - Jacks put it all together, and Bison make a couple of mistakes between these two titans of the FCS. It's almost a shame these two are both MVFC teams.
                    I don't think I'm ready to call SDSU a "titan of the FCS", but I think this game will go a long ways towards measuring how far we have come. NDSU will "likely" be #1 coming into the contest.

The biggest question for me is will NDSU's defensive line continue to dominate our O-line........will they stop ZZ in the backfield nearly every play? If they do, this game will not end well for us.

I'm really tired of being NDSU's b*tch in football and hope that changes this year.......however unlikely that is.

Comment

The Jacks have the potential to be really good this year. Looking at the schedule I see anywhere from 2 to 4 loses. The games that will be tough ones will be Nebraska, UNI, NDSU, YSU and maybe UND just cus it is up in GF. I see the Jacks in the playoffs again this coming year. IMO, anywhere from 10-2 to 8-4.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                        I don't think I'm ready to call SDSU a "titan of the FCS", but I think this game will go a long ways towards measuring how far we have come. NDSU will "likely" be #1 coming into the contest. The biggest question for me is will NDSU's defensive line continue to dominate our O-line........will they stop ZZ in the backfield nearly every play? If they do, this game will not end well for us.I'm really tired of being NDSU's b*tch in football and hope that changes this year.......however unlikely that is.
                        even with our recent success it's really hard to call us a Titan either, that's something earned over a span of time not just a couple years, if we can 3 peat then yes it's different but I see a great game in Brookings one I'm going to try and attendI do see a W for us as our D s virtually the same since 2010 and Levon Perry will also be back
                        BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Every team has deficiencies. There is not, including Alabama, a team that plays college football that doesn't have question marks about their team. If your defensive tackles are weak, or questionable, then it is imperative your linebackers be above average, and can cover for them. The areas in which any team is weak must have above average players in the contiguous zone. If D line is weak, and your backers are average, now you have trouble. And that weakness will be exploited by opponents that don't have the deficiencies across from them. If your linebackers are good to very good, that can buy you time for the D line to get seasoned. That's exactly why every team strives for quality linebackers, so not to open up 2 weak successive zones. The answer to your D line is how good are your LB's? If your backers are average, you will give up lot of yards.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                            Every team has deficiencies. There is not, including Alabama, a team that plays college football that doesn't have question marks about their team. If your defensive tackles are weak, or questionable, then it is imperative your linebackers be above average, and can cover for them. The areas in which any team is weak must have above average players in the contiguous zone. If D line is weak, and your backers are average, now you have trouble. And that weakness will be exploited by opponents that don't have the deficiencies across from them. If your linebackers are good to very good, that can buy you time for the D line to get seasoned. That's exactly why every team strives for quality linebackers, so not to open up 2 weak successive zones. The answer to your D line is how good are your LB's? If your backers are average, you will give up lot of yards.
                            are you directing this at me or what?
                            BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                              All 3 LBers are coming back...I think the Bison will be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Bison Fan in NW MN View Post
                                All 3 LBers are coming back...I think the Bison will be ok.
                                we hope at least, verdict still out on Beck.but we get Heagle back who literally plays SS and all LB positions
                                BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Working...
                                X