Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What kind of a Season will 2013 be?

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
    Be VERY HAPPY that Jacks don't face the Redbirds. If their FBS transfer QB plays well, they may very well be the MVFC auto-bid winners.
    Huh...forgot about this. I thought we were going to play them this year and NOT ISU-B.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by NewJack2011 View Post
      Hello from the Arizona desert Jack fans. I'm excited about the up coming season. The only prediction I can guarantee is that I will be looking forward to being in Brooking for several games. After experiencing the wonderful hospitality along with the new friendships I made last year, I came home even more proud to say my son is a Jackrabbit. I look forward to many new experiences and some of that pre game apple pie I was introduced to..(That was some good stuff). Hopefully I can get some fishing and golfing in this year..

Go Jacks....
      Hope you enjoy the cooler weather especially for golfing. Thanks for sending your son our way. Its got to be a culture shock but maybe not. Young people adjust quickly. Go Jacks.
      Last edited by Nidaros; 07-23-2013, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        This could be the outcome, I like to think 15-0 at this point in time, mainly because no games have been played.. Winning at Lincoln and beating NDSU at home are tall tasks. I do like our chances at Youngstown though, so we could be 10-2 going into the playoffs. We have won at YSU before and they will no doubt be good this year. YSU as always had great talent right under their nose due to great high school football played in their immediate area, but it seems their coaching has never got that talent to spark, except under Jim Tressell. Their trophy room should be loaded with hardware, but they only got two or three NC's to show for.
        Slackers, they should be ashamed of themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
          Slackers, they should be ashamed of themselves.
          I suppose I am giving Ohio High School football too much credit. This happened a long time ago, like 1973 when the Jacks played in Youngstown, and I lived in Dayton. I was surprised when I stopped into this one bar to get directions to the high school stadium where the game was played, and those guys there could talk about nothing but Saturday afternoon high school football. I just could not imagine a conversation like that in Brookings SD. The Jacks are the only game in town. Those guys who were helpful in directions, but could care less about the YSU Penquins, and I tend to believe its still that way to a certain degree. Take the Tressel years out of the equation and not much has changed in forty years in terms of community support and they have hired some real mediocare coaches after Tressel. Wofford is their big hope for success that is if the YSU fans are not too busy following high school football on Saturday.

Maybe too, OSU and others pick the area clean of the real super athletes.
          Last edited by Nidaros; 07-23-2013, 08:29 AM.

Comment

This is about as favorable a schedule as the Jacks will have in that the toughest conference games will be played in Brookings.

Butler - W - Should be one of the Pioneer contenders, but Jacks need to win this hands down.
            UND - W - despite playing in Grand Forks, Jacks should win by more than 7.
            SE LA - W -Lions picked up some good FBS transfers. They'll be much better under 2nd year coach, than the team played last year.
            Neb - L - Huskers will not be looking past the Jacks this year. Hope can be respectable, and Huskers regret not getting an FCS team in future games.
            NDSU - W - Jacks put it all together, and Bison make a couple of mistakes between these two titans of the FCS. It's almost a shame these two are both MVFC teams.
            SIU - W - Stig continues his D-I domination of Lennon.
            WIU - W - 1st year former D-II national coach hasn't brought in enough of his own recruits. WIU suffers through another tough season.
            MO. ST. -W- I honestly do not understand how Allen has kept his job at Mo.St. However, the game is there, I can see this being an "OOPS" game by the Jacks.
            UNI - L - UNI has good teams. Like the Bison, the Panthers have had the Jacks number. This will be tight either way.
            ISU-B -W - Trees will be sinking now that Miles is gone as coach.
            USD - W Rivalry game, in Vermillion. I don't think that Yotes have enough to contain the Rabbits, but this needs to be a day to score early and often, and take the crowd out.
            YSU - W - How about them 'Guins? Will they be the steamrolling team of early 12, or the imploding team like late 12? My guess is that their late season failures continue.

Be VERY HAPPY that Jacks don't face the Redbirds. If their FBS transfer QB plays well, they may very well be the MVFC auto-bid winners.

Jacks make it to play in the second round as a 5 or 6 seed, hosting that first Dec. weekend. Then on the road to either a Big Sky or Southland better seed. If the Jacks can avoid getting shipped up to Fargo, I can see the Jacks making the championship game this season. Get shipped to Fargo like last year, NDSU will get the W at home.
            I'm really thinking we have a 9-3/10-2 type year coming up. Loving the non conference schedule and the MVFC is definitely to our advantage.

Comment

IMHO 9-3, 10-2 is a reasonable expectation. Hoping that Sumner is back to Frosh form, and that Zenner hits those quick traps up the middle. Zenner is a pound it guy, rather than a sweep scatback. But aren't the Rabbits returning a veteran OL? If so, "da big guys" have been super at opening nice holes. Once hit, Zenner seems to hit an extra gear and outruns D's. I think I saw him run down ONCE. We can get those open holes against the Huskers, and they'll be asking "Where the H did that blur come from?"

Comment

I just fear that this year of high expectations leads to major disapointment. for the team and fans. I will be happy with 8-4 and anything more then 8 is even better. To many unknowns on D and depth at some positions till I get to overly confident. the first couple games of the year i think will tell us a lot about this team. Anyone else excited to see the depth charts come out of camp see who is steping up and filling the needs. Is there a depth chart anywhere from spring ball or anything like that to at least look at in the mean time?
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

But aren't the Rabbits returning a veteran OL?
                  Yes the center Castle is the only starter not back. Then the big timer Shoff from Nebraska was apparently taking reps with the first team during spring ball.

Comment

Please just make all Bison fans love you and kill the Sioux. Piss pound them into the ground. I'm talking 60+ to 0. Zenner is going to chew them up all day and your great defense will shutdown their "amazing" offense.

I'd be there in Rabbits gear that day if doing so didn't benefit UND financially.
                    2011, '12, '13, '14, '15, '17 '18 & '19 FCS National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
                      Then the big timer Shoff from Nebraska was apparently taking reps with the first team during spring ball.
                      I'm really looking forward to seeing this kid start his SDSU playing career. There was a lot of hype about him during the recruiting process. If he healed well from his highschool injury we might have a multi-year anchor for that O-line.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                        I'm really looking forward to seeing this kid start his SDSU playing career. There was a lot of hype about him during the recruiting process. If he healed well from his highschool injury we might have a multi-year anchor for that O-line.
                        I remember attending the Husker game in 2010 and was surprised to see a mamomth red-shirt freshman starting at tackle. Witzmann impressed me that day going against an outstanding Husker D-line. Witzmann will be a 4-year anchor on the O-line and that has been huge for protecting the QB and opening the holes to an impressive running game. If Shoff can be anything like Witzmann, we will have a strong foundation for years to come.

Comment

Spoke with a few people on staff and they said barring injury Shoff will more than likely break most lifting records. He is a beast, 6-6 325# and low body fat. Can't wait to see him in action. The other one they said that will impress even more due to increased exposure is Cam Jones, they said a 1000 yd season is not out of the question and he could score many td's. Like ZZ he has the ability to score from anywhere on the field.

Comment

Jones is a stud. I would like to see Gandy get more carries this year. Tough to take the ball out of ZZ's hands, but Gandy is a talented back as well.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                              Jones is a stud. I would like to see Gandy get more carries this year. Tough to take the ball out of ZZ's hands, but Gandy is a talented back as well.
                              Me too, maybe a role like Kool had? Wonder if he'll break into the return game? I could also see him getting a series every so often to give the Zenmaster a breather.

Comment

Defense is the big concern. I hope there's a story or two about an emerging defensive star.
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X