Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Moss?

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
    Not sure how the MVC does it, but back in the NCC days the coaches voted on the All-Conference teams. To me that makes some sense since they are the better being All-Conference.
    The same judges of talent that kept Dale and Sumner on the bench at the beginning of the year? Suddenly the results make more sense...
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

What's crazy to think is that if TOB wouldn't have quit and tiefentaler (sp) wouldn't have hurt his hand second game of the year Moss and Sumner both possibly could have seen hardly any time all year. And in regards to the All conference thing Moss did all his work in basically 9 games because he wasnt given an opportunity earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaddy View Post
        What's crazy to think is that if TOB wouldn't have quit and tiefentaler (sp) wouldn't have hurt his hand second game of the year Moss and Sumner both possibly could have seen hardly any time all year. And in regards to the All conference thing Moss did all his work in basically 9 games because he wasnt given an opportunity earlier.
        No doubt another way of looking at it. Its only natural to think our guys are the best and deserve the recognition, but others thought otherwise. If we have a turnaround season next year, then we will no doubt have our players get the recognition that they deserve.

Shakir Bell, ISU BLUE, is deserving of the MVP award.

Comment

A ratings service has Moss ranked number 50 of potential FCS and small-school draftees. Per TV: http://www.jbscouting.com/index.php/...00-january-1st

Also, note pertinent to an earlier conversation over the assertion that a DB recruit's 4.5 time in the 40 was not that fast. This list shows the 21 or 22-year-old potential pro DBs on this list in the 4.4 to 4.6 range.
          Last edited by NoVaJack; 01-01-2012, 05:09 PM. Reason: adding link

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
            A ratings service has Moss ranked number 50 of potential FCS and small-school draftees. Per TV: http://www.jbscouting.com/index.php/...00-january-1st

Also, note pertinent to an earlier conversation over the assertion that a DB recruit's 4.5 time in the 40 was not that fast. This list shows the 21 or 22-year-old potential pro DBs on this list in the 4.4 to 4.6 range.
            50 seems very low for him. If he runs well in the pro workouts and plays well in the Shrine I expect him to rise on the board
            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

According to Dale's twitter, he flew to Tampa this afternoon, got in about an hour or so ago, and will be working out down.
              Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Sports Illustrated giving Moss some love

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...day/index.html

Comment

Wide Receiver
                  If it’s a bigger receiver you’re looking for, consider the story of Dale Moss. Moss was formerly a guard on the South Dakota State basketball team and measures over 6-feet 3-inches. He never played college football until 2011 and, even then, barely saw the field during the first half of the season. Yet the athletic Moss displayed weekly improvement once he got on the field and looked like a player during Tuesday’s practice. He has a world of upside as Moss is a smooth, fluid receiver with natural hands. Moss also needs a lot of work on his game but with teams eternally looking for big, athletic pass catching threats, he’s the type of prospect someone’s going to think long and hard about as the second day of the draft closes out.

Here is the link.

Go Dale!!!
                  Go Jacks!!!
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Riser of the Day Award--Dale Moss (WR South Dakota State) - Like many, I hadn’t seen this small school prospect yet; and, like many more, I was impressed at his potential during the West’s afternoon practice. The bad news is that Moss is probably a late round developmental pick because he has lots of work to do with his route running. However, Moss certainly looks the part of a big time receiver--he’s a great athlete who plucks the ball well and finds it at its highest point. Once he puts it together, some lucky personnel guy is going to get a promotion.
                    Here is the link

The quote is in the Monday notes.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                      Here is the link.Go Dale!!!Go Jacks!!![/LEFT]
                      Second Or third day? Wow. That's awesome. Dale is doing big things.

Comment

On the West squad, I wasn't able to glean a whole lot. But, I am REALLY intrigued with Dale Moss of South Dakota State. For a one year football player (four year basketball player), he looks far more polished, comfortable, and coachable than I expected coming in. He wasn't the best receiver here, but based on the fact he likely was Top 5 overall, or at least close to it, is VERY exciting for his potential.
                        Link
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

did you see this?

http://www.optimumscouting.com/draft...ota-state.html

Comment

The thing about these all star games is that the game itself really doesn't have a lot to do with a player's overall draft status when it comes to smaller schools. Guys like Dale make their names in the practices leading up to the game. I'm encouraged that Dale is making an impression on some of these writers. It will be interesting to see just how much game time he gets.
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Don't know of anybody has posted this but he has a journal entry on the 14th and he says will continue to write on. Heres the link:http://www.jbscouting.com/index.php/...eek-1-jan-13th

Comment

Lets just count me in as one of the believers in the Moss. I saw him for almost all of high school career and he was the best high school WR I have ever seen. Personally, even though he was very good in high school for basketball, I thought football was his better sport and was suprised he chose the basketball route as he would have went much higher than SDSU in football. And all I can think of when I talk about Dale Moss is, "Dale, Dale, Dale, Dale Moss, Dale, Dale Dale, Dale Moss." Its an ESD thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X