Moss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Moss?

I agree witness. Always thought he was far more impressive on the FB field than BB court. Here is TV's article about Dale from today's Argus http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...ll|text|Home|p

Comment

I will say that playing basketball may very well have helped Dale in football for his 1 year of college and hopefully many years in the pros.

Sure he is a little behind on route running, but think about how all those rebounds and alley oop dunks helped his ball skills as a receiver. For 4 years Moss never had the option to catch the ball against his chest or let the ball come to him. He had to time his jumps correctly so he'd catch the ball at its highest point, and if he was close to the hoop, still had to the coordination to slam it home.

Oh yah, and in basketball, most players he went against were taller than him, which will not be the case on the football field.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
        I will say that playing basketball may very well have helped Dale in football for his 1 year of college and hopefully many years in the pros.

Sure he is a little behind on route running, but think about how all those rebounds and alley oop dunks helped his ball skills as a receiver. For 4 years Moss never had the option to catch the ball against his chest or let the ball come to him. He had to time his jumps correctly so he'd catch the ball at its highest point, and if he was close to the hoop, still had to the coordination to slam it home.

Oh yah, and in basketball, most players he went against were taller than him, which will not be the case on the football field.
        And it also makes him more unique. Teams are trying to find the next Antonio Gates and Jimmy Graham, i.e. the next basketball player turned football star.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Anybody know where you can get this online or that might be showing it in Brookings? I don't get the NFL Network. Don't understand why it is not part of the sports package.

Comment

Not only did basketball help his ball skills I think it saved his body a bit more punishment than he would have got playing football for 4 years. Dale has said he has been in contact with football coaches since he came here to play basketball.
            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden View Post
              Anybody know where you can get this online or that might be showing it in Brookings? I don't get the NFL Network. Don't understand why it is not part of the sports package.
              I'm sure its on at Cubby's

Comment

Moss is in the game now. No throws yet.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

http://www.firstrow.tv/watch/103495/...game-2012.html I got your back

Comment

Dale with a nice 10 yard catch.

Comment

Dale with another catch for a first down.

Comment

It's cool to see an SDSU helmet out there amongst all those big-time BCS schools. Hopefully he'll get at least one more catch.

Comment

I missed the second half with a baby who didn't want to take a nap. Did compton get much time in?
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I wasn't too impressed with the play-calling for the West (but what else would you expect with Chilly in charge). Dale was given 10 yards cushion on every play by corners that looked to be at least 6 inches shorter It looked like they could have went to him anytime they wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              I missed the second half with a baby who didn't want to take a nap. Did compton get much time in?
                              I didn't realize he was even part of the game until towards the end, he got beat really bad one play, but again I only watched him play a couple of plays.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                                I didn't realize he was even part of the game until towards the end, he got beat really bad one play, but again I only watched him play a couple of plays.
                                I only saw Compton in for one series in the fourth, and on punts

Comment

Working...
                                X