Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Moss?

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    which is true, but at the same time he wouldn't be making these claims unless Dale is doing something in his workouts.
    Didn't say the numbers weren't legit. I think it is important to understand the source of information. Dale is a phenom and I hope he performs equally as well when it really counts.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

A video of Dale Moss running his 3-cone drill was posted on his Facebook fan page.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2760461139543

Comment

Q&A with Dale Moss that End Zone Report did. http://endzonereport.net/2012/02/24/...ver-dale-moss/
        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaddy View Post
          His 3-Cone time was a 6.24 (averaged from 2 times 6.27 and 6.21) which would have broken a combine record. I'm sure whoever runs his training facility will post a youtube video depicting the drill.
          Current Numbers
          39inch vert
          6.24 3-cone
          3.89 shuttle
          4.45 forty
          unsure on bench reps

but I know he has quite some time until his pro day and numbers can vary, but looks like he is going to put up some pretty impressive numbers at his pro day.
          The combine has ended in Indy and here is how Dale matches up with the talent that competed there. Keep in mind that this was a snapshot in time at the combine and some of the WRs will run pro days with better numbers than they posted at the combine.

40 yd dash (Dale 4.45) - Tied for 11th fastest with Keshawn Martin from Mich State. 29 WRs ran slower.
          Vertical (Dale 39") - Tied for 6th with Devon Wylie, Fresno State.
          3 Cone (Dale 6.24) - First, next fastest was Junior Hemmingway from Michigan at 6.59.
          Shuttle (Dale 3.89) - First, next fastest was again, Junior Hemmingway from Michigan at 3.98. Only 2 broke the 4 second barrier.

Stephen Hill from Georgia Tech was one of the stars at the combine. Many analysts believe his performance will likely move him up high in the draft. Hill is the same height as Moss and only weighed 5 lbs more than Moss did at the beginning of last season. Hill ran faster than Moss in the 40 at 4.36, which tied for the fastest with two others. Hill's 39.5" vertical is virtually the same as Dale's. His 3-cone and 20-yd shuttle were both above average for the combine, but significantly slower than Dale's. (6.88 vs. 6.24, and 4.13 vs. 3.89)

It is clear to me that Dale has the physical tools that match or exceed with virtually any receiver in this year's draft. Justin Blackmon for Oklahoma State may be the exception, but he did not perform at the draft. What will hold Dale back is his one year of post high school football at an FCS level school.

Comment

Good write up on Dale Moss.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Here is a radio interview of Dale Moss.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2012/...with-nfl-teams

Another writer that believes Dale's chances are up.

I follow Dale on Twitter, and he's doing well at staying in the discussion circles. Hope he gets drafted!

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                  http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2012/...with-nfl-teams

Another writer that believes Dale's chances are up.

I follow Dale on Twitter, and he's doing well at staying in the discussion circles. Hope he gets drafted!
                  Wow! Not just in the story about the Top 10 players from smaller schools, but the #1 player. Way to go Dale!

Go State!

Comment

Would Dale be better or worse off in this years draft if he had played 4 years of football. I think his athleticism and novelty of being a basketball player along with having a great senior year on the football field has helped his stock.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      Would Dale be better or worse off in this years draft if he had played 4 years of football. I think his athleticism and novelty of being a basketball player along with having a great senior year on the football field has helped his stock.
                      It really is tough to say right now in hindsight, because if he would have played 4 years of football, his route work would have been better, and I think he would have been stronger if he would have went the football route instead of the basketball route. Yes, having a great senior year and being a basketball player has helped his current draft stock, but who knows maybe it could be higher if he played 4 years of football. Not to mention, he would have went higher than SDSU for football, I have heard FBS, so if he would have went the football route, it could have been easier for him to get noticed by scouts.
                      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

I could be wrong, but I don't remember any FBS football offers for Dale back in his HS days. I do remember Stig and crew working it pretty hard. At the time I remember thinking how interesting it was that Stig's biggest recruiting competition was Nagy.

Comment

It has been rumored many times that there was plenty of FBS interest in Dale - no offers that I'm aware of. But when he verballed so early to SDSU basketball the FBS interest went away - so hard to tell where he would have ended up.

Comment

A kid I went to college with that knew Dale, told me this. He said Dale committed in the summer for basketball, he then played football where he received a ton of interest, but since he never showed any signs of de committing from SDSU for basketball its hard to know if he ever really had an offer or not. What the kid told me though, was that if he hadn't committed to SDSU he would have had numerous FBS football offers.

Comment

If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Dale was our guest in studio today on Calling All Sports. Easy kid to root for! Not getting too excited for this week.

You can hear the show under "archived shows" at www.callingallsportssd.com. He is in segment one.

Comment

Working...
                                X