Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Moss?

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    3 catches for 29 yds. He certainly has the look of a guy that can play in the league. Not sure if he'll crack the gameday active roster (this year) barring injury, but I'll be shocked if he doesn't make the practice squad.
    I agree. He is only going to get better. He played a ton of snaps, and I personally think he looked better than some other fringe WR's. He would be a great fit into this team next year after a year on the Practice Squad. Although a team with some WR needs (Vikings) might be calling if he gets put on the practice squad.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
      I agree. He is only going to get better. He played a ton of snaps, and I personally think he looked better than some other fringe WR's. He would be a great fit into this team next year after a year on the Practice Squad. Although a team with some WR needs (Vikings) might be calling if he gets put on the practice squad.
      Moss did look good and he seemed to catch the ball well. He played the whole second half, as I am guessing the Packers want him to get more playing time due to his potential. However, if the Packers put him on the practice squad, they run the risk of another team picking him up so we shall see. Regardless, he looked pretty good for his first pro game. Still kinda crazy to me that a guy that I watched since he was a freshman in high school is playing for the Packers.
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

There would have to be an injury, retirement, or arrests for him to crack the roster. The packers have 5 established receivers. So unless they decide to take 6 on their roster, which almost no team does, then he is fighting for the practice squad.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Dale Moss did get cut today but reports that he could be a strong candidate for the practice squad depending on if some of the other WRs make 53 man team rosters.

Comment

Originally posted by tcbison View Post
            Dale Moss did get cut today but reports that he could be a strong candidate for the practice squad depending on if some of the other WRs make 53 man team rosters.
            Living in 'Sconi, I had the opportunity to watch every pre-season game and see Moss. He was on the field quite a bit, but he didn't get a lot of targets. A lot of it was due to horrible QB play from Harrell. He has some stiff competition as well from other guys who were on the practice squad the year before. I think he has so much to learn about the position. If he could land on the Packers practice squad it would be huge and would have a great shot at making the 53 man roster next year. Donald Driver is likely in his final season, James Jones is always on the bubble, and they carry 6 WR's.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
              Living in 'Sconi, I had the opportunity to watch every pre-season game and see Moss. He was on the field quite a bit, but he didn't get a lot of targets. A lot of it was due to horrible QB play from Harrell. He has some stiff competition as well from other guys who were on the practice squad the year before. I think he has so much to learn about the position. If he could land on the Packers practice squad it would be huge and would have a great shot at making the 53 man roster next year. Donald Driver is likely in his final season, James Jones is always on the bubble, and they carry 6 WR's.
              I follow the Packers closely as well but haven't been able to see all that much of the pre-season games. I see Gurley and Borel got cut today but there is a good chance someone will pick them up. No word if Boykins made the final roster as of yet. There continues to be talk of trading James Jones. Agreed that if Moss can make the practice squad that would be huge.

Comment

It's official... Moss has been cut.

http://www.packersnews.com/article/2...KR01/120831031

Just another reason to hate the Packers, I guess.
                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Rumor I heard tonight is that Dale will sign with the Bucs. Not sure if it practice squad or active roster though. Hope it's true!
                  One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...ws|text|Sports

Just found this on the Argus site. Good news for Dale and Colin.
                    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2012/...er-eligibility

Here is some interesting notes on what it means to be on a practice squad. Who you can sign with and what you get paid (minimal $5,700/week)

Comment

The Dale Moss Fan Page says that Moss will be joining the Bucs' practice squad. I haven't seen anything announced, but that would be great if it were true!

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/viewart/2...Ctext%7CSports

Comment

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/c...practice-squad

Comment

Interesting to note that the Bucs have 2 WRs on the practice squad. Bert Reed, a 5'10" speedster from Florida State, is the other. He was apparantly one of the faster Seminoles, but his official 40 time is 4.48. He is the 4th all-time in receptions for the Seminoles, and 12th in career yardage. Yet none of his seasons came close to Moss' lone season with the Rabbits. While Reed has experience, big time collegiate resume, and noted speed; he doesn't appear to have the same upside as Moss. But then again, I make a living behind a desk and comment on fan forums.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                                Here is some interesting notes on what it means to be on a practice squad. Who you can sign with and what you get paid (minimal $5,700/week)
                                Not sure I've ever seen $5,700/week referred to as minimal.

I guess it's all relative, eh joeboo?
                                @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                                --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Working...
                                X